Dasatinib Market: Introduction
- Dasatinib is used in the treatment of a certain type of chronic myeloid leukemia (CML; a type of cancer of the white blood cells) as a first treatment and in people who could no longer benefit from other leukemia medications including imatinib (Gleevec) or in those who cannot take these medications owing to the side-effects caused by them. Dasatinib is also utilized to treat a certain type of chronic CML in children. Dasatinib is also used in the treatment a certain type of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL; a type of cancer of the white blood cells) in people who can no longer be benefitted from other leukemia medications or who cannot take these medications owing to its side effects. Dasatinib is in a class of medications known as kinase inhibitors. Dasatinib works by blocking the action of an abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This mechanism of action helps in stopping the spread of cancer cells.
- The Dasatinib market can be segmented based on type, indication, end user, and region. Based on type, the market can be categorized as 20mg, 50mg & 70mg. Based on end user, the market can be split into hospitals, specialty clinics & others. On the basis of indication, the market is categorized into chronic myeloid leukemia, acute lymphoblastic leukemia & others.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Dasatinib Market
- The rising burden of chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) together with growing FDA, fuels the growth of the global Dasatinib market. Dasatinib is majorly utilized in the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Dasatinib is a capable candidate for acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) treatment. The role of Dasatinib among the increasing number of treatment options would further amplify the demand. It is promising for other diseases such as optic neuropathy, Periorbital edema.
- The key challenge for the market is the adverse events of Dasatinib 100 mg once-daily were neutropenia, anemia, and thrombocytopenia. The hematologic side effects tended to occur early during treatment. Nonhematological adverse events were generally appear within the first 2 years of treatment. In line with the Phase I and II studies, the most usual Nonhematological toxicities associated with the consumption of Dasatinib 100 mg once-daily were headache, musculoskeletal pain, hemorrhage, infections, fatigue, diarrhea, pleural effusions, and nausea. The pleural effusions occurs in around 5.3% of patients treated with 100 mg daily. Thus, all these side effects are hampering the growth of the market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Dasatinib Market
North America has dominated the Dasatinib market with a major share in 2019. The application of Dasatinib has grown widely from the last few years due to the increasing research on chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) as well as inherited rare diseases, rapid technological advancements continues to expand its market. Increasing investment for research & development activities in chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) along with the presence of major players in the region and government support via funds are going to cater the Dasatinib Market in the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Dasatinib Market
The global Dasatinib market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global Dasatinib market are:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- LUCIUS Pharma
- MSN Labs
- Hetero Labs
- Alembic Pharma
- JINLAN Pharm-Drugs Technology Co., Ltd.
- Dr. Reddy's
- Zhejiang Hisun Pharma
- Kolon Life Science
- ALP PHARM
- Qilu Antibiotics
Global Dasatinib Market: Research Scope
Global Dasatinib Market, by Type
Global Dasatinib Market, by Indication
- Chronic myeloid leukemia
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia
Global Dasatinib Market, by End User
- Specialty Clinics
Global Dasatinib Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.