Dasatinib Market: Introduction
- Dasatinib is used in the treatment of a certain type of chronic myeloid leukemia (CML; a type of cancer of the white blood cells) as a first treatment and in people who could no longer benefit from other leukemia medications including imatinib (Gleevec) or in those who cannot take these medications owing to the side-effects caused by them. Dasatinib is also utilized to treat a certain type of chronic CML in children. Dasatinib is also used in the treatment a certain type of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL; a type of cancer of the white blood cells) in people who can no longer be benefitted from other leukemia medications or who cannot take these medications owing to its side effects. Dasatinib is in a class of medications known as kinase inhibitors. Dasatinib works by blocking the action of an abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This mechanism of action helps in stopping the spread of cancer cells.
- The Dasatinib market can be segmented based on type, indication, end user, and region. Based on type, the market can be categorized as 20mg, 50mg & 70mg. Based on end user, the market can be split into hospitals, specialty clinics & others. On the basis of indication, the market is categorized into chronic myeloid leukemia, acute lymphoblastic leukemia & others.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Dasatinib Market
- The rising burden of chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) together with growing FDA, fuels the growth of the global Dasatinib market. Dasatinib is majorly utilized in the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Dasatinib is a capable candidate for acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) treatment. The role of Dasatinib among the increasing number of treatment options would further amplify the demand. It is promising for other diseases such as optic neuropathy, Periorbital edema.
- The key challenge for the market is the adverse events of Dasatinib 100 mg once-daily were neutropenia, anemia, and thrombocytopenia. The hematologic side effects tended to occur early during treatment. Nonhematological adverse events were generally appear within the first 2 years of treatment. In line with the Phase I and II studies, the most usual Nonhematological toxicities associated with the consumption of Dasatinib 100 mg once-daily were headache, musculoskeletal pain, hemorrhage, infections, fatigue, diarrhea, pleural effusions, and nausea. The pleural effusions occurs in around 5.3% of patients treated with 100 mg daily. Thus, all these side effects are hampering the growth of the market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Dasatinib Market
North America has dominated the Dasatinib market with a major share in 2019. The application of Dasatinib has grown widely from the last few years due to the increasing research on chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) as well as inherited rare diseases, rapid technological advancements continues to expand its market. Increasing investment for research & development activities in chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) along with the presence of major players in the region and government support via funds are going to cater the Dasatinib Market in the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Dasatinib Market
The global Dasatinib market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global Dasatinib market are:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- LUCIUS Pharma
- MSN Labs
- Hetero Labs
- Alembic Pharma
- JINLAN Pharm-Drugs Technology Co., Ltd.
- Dr. Reddy's
- Zhejiang Hisun Pharma
- Kolon Life Science
- ALP PHARM
- Qilu Antibiotics
Global Dasatinib Market: Research Scope
Global Dasatinib Market, by Type
Global Dasatinib Market, by Indication
- Chronic myeloid leukemia
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia
Global Dasatinib Market, by End User
- Specialty Clinics
Global Dasatinib Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!