Cytomegalovirus Infection (CMV) Treatment Market: Introduction
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection is a herpes simplex virus infection with numerous symptoms that are observed in people of all ages across the world. This viral infection is communicable and spreads via body fluids including blood, urine, saliva, semen, and breast milk. The people infected with the cytomegalovirus (CMV) may have the virus in their saliva or urine for months. The infection could also be transmitted from pregnant women to their baby during delivery. Blood transfusion and infected organ transplant are the secondary mode of disease transmission.
- The infection could be detected by serological testing methods including Enzyme-linked immunoassay test. Most cases of cytomegalovirus (CMV) go undiagnosed in the early stage of infection; hence, awareness about the infection is a key factor. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in the U.S., around 150 infants are born with cytomegalovirus infections every year and a few of them have long-term health issues.
- The cytomegalovirus Infection (CMV) treatment market can be segmented based on infection type, drug type, distribution channels application, and region. Based on drug type, the market can be categorized into Cidofovir, Foscarnet, Valganciclovir, and Ganciclovir. Based on application, the market can be split into stem cell transplantation, congenital CMV infection, organ transplantation & other applications. In terms of distribution channel, the cytomegalovirus infection (CMV) treatment market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and ecommerce. Based on infection type, the market can be segregated into retinitis, encephalitis, gastrointestinal ulcers, pneumonia, and others.
Opportunities of Global Cytomegalovirus Infection (CMV) Treatment Market
- Increase in cases of cytomegalovirus retinitis and congenital CMV infection, increasing initiatives for creating awareness regarding treatments and diagnosis of these diseases, and increasing clinical trial intervention for the development of novel drugs are key factors that are likely to fuel the market
- Additionally, rising cases of viral infections among AIDS patients owing to the weakening of immune systems is anticipated to propel the demand for cytomegalovirus drugs. For instance, according to data published by the CDC, approximately 36.7 million people were living with HIV infection in 2017. The wide availability of antiviral drugs to cure this ailment is anticipated to boosts the demand for efficient treatment solutions.
- The market is likely to witness patent expiry of numerous drugs during the forecast period. The expiry of patents resulted in the development of generic drugs, which have the same drug constitution as the branded drugs; however, they are available at lower prices. Additionally, physicians also prescribe these drugs to patients, as these are cost-effective. Furthermore, a positive reimbursement scenario that includes the diagnosis and treatments of targeted disorders is projected to further propel the market. However, adverse effects and risks associated with cytomegalovirus drugs may hamper the cytomegalovirus (CMV) treatment market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Cytomegalovirus Infection (CMV) Treatment Market
- North America is anticipated to hold a major share in the global market during the forecast period. Strong regulatory scenario to promote cellular therapy development, higher cost of treatment in the U.S., and availability of various major biotechnology companies are fueling the market in the region. The U.S. is a leading country in research as opposed to other countries due to the exceptional research quality, significant government funding, and rising research in the area.
- The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a considerable growth rate during the forecast period. Increasing investments by developers and consumers in educating themselves about advanced medicinal therapies is anticipated to propel the market in emerging economies of the region. Additionally, the large patient pool is anticipated to further boost the global cytomegalovirus infection (CMV) treatment market.
Key Players Operating in Global Cytomegalovirus Infection (CMV) Treatment Market
The global cytomegalovirus infection (CMV) treatment market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global cytomegalovirus infection (CMV) treatment market are:
- Clinigen Group PLC
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Fresenius Kabi Canada
- Genentech Inc.
- Gilead Sciences
- Merck & Co. Inc
- Mylan N.V
- Teva Canada Limited
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
Global Cytomegalovirus Infection (CMV) Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Cytomegalovirus Infection (CMV) Treatment Market, by Infection Type
- Gastrointestinal Ulcers
Global Cytomegalovirus Infection (CMV) Treatment Market, by Drug Type
Global Cytomegalovirus Infection (CMV) Treatment Market, by Application
- Stem Cell Transplantation
- Congenital CMV Infection
- Organ Transplantation
- Other Applications
Global Cytomegalovirus Infection (CMV) Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital pharmacies
Global Cytomegalovirus Infection (CMV) Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.