Cytology and HPV Testing Market
Cytology and HPV Testing Market (Product and Services - Cytology Testing (Systems, Assay Kits, Services), HPV Testing - Systems, Assay Kits, Services) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global cytology and HPV testing market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, high incidence rate of HPV infections and increasing incidence of cervical cancer worldwide are projected to drive the global cytology and HPV testing market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global cytology and HPV testing market was valued at US$ 7.42 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Cytology and HPV Testing Market
Rising Incidence of Cervical Cancer Worldwide: Key Drivers
- According to the American Cancer Society, cervical cancer is one of the most common causes of cancer death for in women in the U.S. In addition, according to the organization, it has been estimated that approximately 12,990 women in the U.S. would be diagnosed with cervical cancer and 4,120 deaths would occur from this disease in 2016.
- However, as per various research studies conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the number of new cases of cervical cancer patients and the number of deaths due to cervical cancer have decreased significantly in the past 40 years i.e., between 1955 and 1992, the cervical cancer death rate declined by almost 70% in U.S.
- The decline in death rate is attributed to factors such as increased use of Pap screening test and growing awareness among cervical cancer patients about screening tests available commercially in the market and the offered benefits for disease prevention
- Thus, considering all the factors mentioned above, increasing prevalence rate of cervical cancer patients, growing awareness about disease prevention, and large-scale availability of screening kits and diagnostic products are expected to increase the adoption of diagnostic tests, thereby boosting the growth of the market
- Thus, increasing incidence of cervical cancer is likely to boost the cytology and HPV testing market during the forecast period
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
High Incidence Rate of HPV Infection to Boost Market Growth
- HPV infection is one of the most common causes of cervical cancer. It accounts for about 90% of cervical cancer cases and is diagnosed through Pap smear screening and HPV testing.
- The spread of HPV infection poses a great threat to an individual’s immune system and leads to the conversion of normal cervix cells into cancerous cells. Two types of HPV infections — HPV 16 and HPV 18 — account for 70% of the overall cervical cancer cases and are termed as “high-risk” infections.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cervical cancer is the most prevalent HPV-related disease, with an estimated 530,000 new cases every year. Furthermore, according to the Cancer Research UK, about 3,100 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer each year in the country.
- Various factors contributing to the high incidence rate of HPV infections include weakened immune system, smoking, chronic inflammation and long-term oral contraceptive use. The International Agency for Research and Cancer predicted that the rate of HPV related cervical cancer would rise by 40% in the near future.
- Hence, HPV infection remains one of the leading causes of cervical cancer and rising prevalence and incidence rates are expected to drive the growth of the market
Lack of Appropriate Primary Healthcare Infrastructure to Hamper Market
- Lack of proper healthcare infrastructure and the presence of outdated facilities in most of the developing countries and emerging markets are the biggest restraints of the cytology and HPV testing market
- It has been observed that a large number of patients in many developing regions do not have access to modern primary healthcare infrastructure such as labs, clinics, diagnostic centers, equipment and supplies, and trained laboratory experts. Hence, inadequate and unreliable infrastructure deters the patient population from HPV and cytology testing.
- Due to lack of primary care infrastructure for testing and diagnostics in various emerging countries such as Brazil, China and India, patients are constantly seeking treatment from hospitals, thereby raising the hospitalization cost rates. Consequently, most of the patients evade screening tests to avoid high hospitalization costs.
- According to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Mexico spends 6.2% of its GDP on healthcare, which is lower than the average of 9.5% in OECD countries. This has resulted in lack of resources allocated for the country’s healthcare infrastructure leading to inappropriate medical care units such as operating rooms and insufficient beds.
- Therefore, insufficiency and poor distribution of resources for constructing medical infrastructure is expected to impede the growth of the cytology and HPV testing market
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Cytology and HPV Testing Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global cytology and HPV testing market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- Leading players operating in the global cytology and HPV testing market are
- Dickinson and Company
- Cepheid, Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Fujirebio Diagnostics, Inc.
- Arbor Vita Corporation
- Hologic, Inc.
- QIAGEN N.V.
- OncoHealth Corporation
Global Cytology and HPV Testing Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global cytology and HPV Testing market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global cytology and HPV Testing market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global cytology and HPV Testing market are:
- In September 2015, Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD) launched the BD FACSCelesta, an advanced technique for BD cell analyzer portfolio, at the American Society for Cell Biology annual meeting. The coverage of cytometer facilitates high resolution cell population and measures 14 diverse single cell characteristics which is a perfect solution for researchers
- In February 2015, the company acquired Signature Diagnostics, a genomics and translational oncology company. The acquisition would strengthen Roche’s next generation sequencing (NGS) diagnostics business. Roche will leverage Signature’s unique expertise in both biobanks and NGS assays to develop novel diagnostics for cancer patients.
- In February 2014, Health Canada approved the use of Aptima HPV 16 18/45 Genotype Assay on Hologic's Panther System. This completed the HPV portfolio on the popular and fully automated laboratory system.
The report on the global cytology and HPV Testing market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of cytology and HPV Testing. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global cytology and HPV Testing market.
TMR’s report on the global cytology and HPV testing market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global cytology and HPV testing market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global cytology and HPV testing market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global cytology and HPV testing market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global cytology and HPV testing market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global cytology and HPV testing market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global cytology and HPV testing market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global cytology and HPV testing market. Key players operating in the global cytology and HPV testing market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global cytology and HPV testing market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Cytology and HPV Testing Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of companies in the global cytology and HPV testing market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global cytology and HPV testing market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global cytology and HPV testing market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for cytology and HPV testing providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global cytology and HPV testing market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global cytology and HPV testing market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global cytology and HPV testing market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global cytology and HPV testing market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the cytology and HPV testing market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the cytology and HPV testing market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global cytology and HPV testing market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global cytology and HPV testing market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Cytology and HPV Testing Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Cytology and HPV Testing Market - Segmentation
Middle East & Africa