Cystinuria Treatment Market: Introduction
- Cystinuria is a rare autosomal recessive metabolic disease causing defective transepithelial amino acid transport in the kidneys. Cystine dissolves and returns to the bloodstream after entering the kidneys. People with cystinuria have a genetic defect that interferes with this process. As a result, cystine builds up in urine and forms crystals or stones.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Cystinuria Treatment Market
- High demand for disease specific novel treatment is a major driver of the global cystinuria treatment market. Cystinuria is rare disease; however, pharmaceutical companies are continuously innovating new treatment methods and drug class for cystinuria treatment. In July 2019, Retrophin announced the FDA approval of THIOLA EC (tiopronin) 100mg and 300mg tablets for the treatment of cystinuria.
- However, limited funding and operating revenue for research & development on targeted therapies for cystinuria hamper the growth of the global market
Penicillamine to Dominate Global Cystinuria Treatment Market
- In terms of drug treatment, the global cystinuria treatment market can be classified into captopril, tiopronin, penicillamine, and others
- Penicillamine is the first-generation chelating agent, which mixes with cystine to form a soluble disulfide complex, thereby preventing stone formation and possibly even dissolving existing cystine stones. In May 2019, Amerigen Pharmaceuticals Limited received the U.S. FDA approval for Penicillamine Capsules USP 250 mg.
Request a Sample to Get Extensive Insights into the Cystinuria Treatment Market
Online Pharmacies Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- Based on distribution channel, the global cystinuria treatment market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
- The retail pharmacies segment accounted for the largest share of the global cystinuria treatment market in 2019. However, the online pharmacies segment is expected to grow at a rapid pace from 2020 to 2030.
- Increase in popularity of online pharmacies for obtaining prescribed drugs and steady adoption of this distribution channel by customers are factors fueling the growth of the segment
North America to Dominate Global Cystinuria Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global cystinuria treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the global cystinuria treatment market in 2019, followed by Europe. However, the market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a higher CAGR from 2020 to 2030.
- Rise in cases of cystinuria, surge in use & awareness about cystinuria treatments and procedures, and technological advancements are the key factors boosting the growth of the cystinuria treatment market in North America
- Cystinuria affects about 1 in 15,000 people in the U.S. Heterozygote carriers are about 1 in 170 people. It accounts for approximately 1% of all renal stones.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Key Players Operating in Global Cystinuria Treatment Market
The global cystinuria treatment market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global market are:
- Retrophin, Inc.
- Mission Pharmacal Company
- Revive Therapeutics Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Amerigen Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Mylan N.V.
- Bausch Health
- Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Global Cystinuria Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Cystinuria Treatment Market, by Drug Treatment
Global Cystinuria Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Cystinuria Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.