Cystinuria Treatment Market: Introduction
- Cystinuria is a rare autosomal recessive metabolic disease causing defective transepithelial amino acid transport in the kidneys. Cystine dissolves and returns to the bloodstream after entering the kidneys. People with cystinuria have a genetic defect that interferes with this process. As a result, cystine builds up in urine and forms crystals or stones.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Cystinuria Treatment Market
- High demand for disease specific novel treatment is a major driver of the global cystinuria treatment market. Cystinuria is rare disease; however, pharmaceutical companies are continuously innovating new treatment methods and drug class for cystinuria treatment. In July 2019, Retrophin announced the FDA approval of THIOLA EC (tiopronin) 100mg and 300mg tablets for the treatment of cystinuria.
- However, limited funding and operating revenue for research & development on targeted therapies for cystinuria hamper the growth of the global market
Penicillamine to Dominate Global Cystinuria Treatment Market
- In terms of drug treatment, the global cystinuria treatment market can be classified into captopril, tiopronin, penicillamine, and others
- Penicillamine is the first-generation chelating agent, which mixes with cystine to form a soluble disulfide complex, thereby preventing stone formation and possibly even dissolving existing cystine stones. In May 2019, Amerigen Pharmaceuticals Limited received the U.S. FDA approval for Penicillamine Capsules USP 250 mg.
Request a Sample to Get Extensive Insights into the Cystinuria Treatment Market
Online Pharmacies Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- Based on distribution channel, the global cystinuria treatment market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
- The retail pharmacies segment accounted for the largest share of the global cystinuria treatment market in 2019. However, the online pharmacies segment is expected to grow at a rapid pace from 2020 to 2030.
- Increase in popularity of online pharmacies for obtaining prescribed drugs and steady adoption of this distribution channel by customers are factors fueling the growth of the segment
North America to Dominate Global Cystinuria Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global cystinuria treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the global cystinuria treatment market in 2019, followed by Europe. However, the market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a higher CAGR from 2020 to 2030.
- Rise in cases of cystinuria, surge in use & awareness about cystinuria treatments and procedures, and technological advancements are the key factors boosting the growth of the cystinuria treatment market in North America
- Cystinuria affects about 1 in 15,000 people in the U.S. Heterozygote carriers are about 1 in 170 people. It accounts for approximately 1% of all renal stones.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Key Players Operating in Global Cystinuria Treatment Market
The global cystinuria treatment market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global market are:
- Retrophin, Inc.
- Mission Pharmacal Company
- Revive Therapeutics Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Amerigen Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Mylan N.V.
- Bausch Health
- Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Global Cystinuria Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Cystinuria Treatment Market, by Drug Treatment
Global Cystinuria Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Cystinuria Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.