Cystic Fibrosis Diagnostic Tests Market: Introduction
- Cystic fibrosis is a severe genetic condition that damages the proteins involved in development of sweat, digestive enzymes, and mucous. The cystic fibrosis causes severe damage to the lungs, respiratory track, digestive system, pancreas, and liver.
- People with cystic fibrosis have defective gene that produces thick and sticky secretions than that of normal people who have thin and slippery secretions. Thick and sticky secretions in people with cystic fibrosis form clots and block the airway passages and ducts in lungs and pancreas.
- The clogged secretions can lead to life-threatening problems such as infections, respiratory failure, and malnutrition
- Symptoms of cystic fibrosis do not appear in early stages of disease, but in later stages it shows wheezing, persistent cough that produces thick mucus, stuffy nose and sinuses, swollen abdomen, poor metabolism, and delayed growth in children
- There are several tests available to diagnose the cystic fibrosis which includes genetic tests or blood tests, immunoreactive trypsinogen (IRT) test, sweat chloride tests, pulmonary function tests, and sputum test
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Cystic Fibrosis Diagnostic Tests Market Brochure
Cystic Fibrosis Diagnostic Tests Market: Key Drivers
- The global cystic fibrosis diagnostic tests market is primarily driven by high prevalence and rise in incidence rates of cystic fibrosis across the globe. It is estimated that more than 30,000 people are affected by cystic fibrosis in the U.S. and every year around 900 to 1000 cases are diagnosed.
- In Europe, it is estimated that around 38,985 people are affected by cystic fibrosis in 27 countries. In the U.K. alone, around 10,336 people are affected with cystic fibrosis.
- Increase in awareness about cystic fibrosis across the globe, development and commercialization of cystic fibrosis diagnostic tests, and various regulations laid by the government organization for the pre natal testing of cystic fibrosis are likely to drive the market during the forecast period.
Genetic Test Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on test type, the global cystic fibrosis diagnostic tests market can be divided into genetic tests, fecal test, immunoreactive trypsinogen (IRT) test, sweat chloride tests, and pulmonary function tests. The genetic test segment is anticipated to gain market share during the forecast period.
- In genetic testing, the cystic fibrosis gene mutation panels are used to detect common mutations in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene on chromosome 7.
- The immunoreactive trypsinogen (IRT) test is projected to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period. The IRT is considered as a standard diagnostic test for newborn that checks for abnormal levels of the protein IRT in blood.
- The sweat chloride diagnostics test is most commonly used cystic fibrosis test. This test checks the levels of salt in the sweat.
Diagnostic Laboratories Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on end-user, the global cystic fibrosis diagnostic tests market can be divided into hospitals, diagnostics laboratories, and others. The diagnostic laboratories segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- The diagnostic laboratories are first point of contact for the blood and sweat chloride tests for diagnosis of cystic fibrosis. Large number of diagnostic laboratories, easy availability of cystic fibrosis test, and comparatively low cost of test are estimated to contribute to dominant share of the segment during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Cystic Fibrosis Diagnostic Tests Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global cystic fibrosis diagnostic tests market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by the end of 2027.
- Increase in awareness about cystic fibrosis in the region, early diagnosis of cystic fibrosis, low cost of diagnostic test, and well-established health care infrastructure in the region are likely to contribute to dominant share of North America by 2027
- The cystic fibrosis diagnostic tests market in Europe is projected to be second largest market by the end of 2027
- The cystic fibrosis diagnostic tests market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapid increase in number of patients with inflammatory bowel diseases in densely populated countries such as India, China, and South Korea, and rapidly improving health care infrastructure in the region
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Cystic Fibrosis Diagnostic Tests Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global cystic fibrosis diagnostic tests market is highly fragmented with a large number of domestic players accounting for majority of the market share in respective regions. Key players operating in the global cystic fibrosis diagnostic tests market include:
- Quidel Corporation
- Quest Diagnostics
- Creative Diagnostics
- Invitae Corporation
- Asper Biogene
- Illumina, Inc.
- Elucigene Diagnostics
- BillionToOne Inc.
Global Cystic Fibrosis Diagnostic Tests Market: Research Scope
Global Cystic Fibrosis Diagnostic Tests Market, by Test Type
- Genetic Tests
- Fecal Test
- Immunoreactive Trypsinogen (IRT) Test
- Sweat Chloride Tests
- Pulmonary Function Tests
Global Cystic Fibrosis Diagnostic Tests Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Cystic Fibrosis Diagnostic Tests Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.