- Cyclopentanone is also known as Adipic Ketone. It is transparent colorless oily liquid. It has smell of special ether. It also smells akin to mint.
- It is narcotic at high concentrations. It can be obtained through oxidation of cyclopentanol. It can also be obtained through the heating of adipic acid in the presence of barium hydroxide. Cyclopentanone is also easily subject to polymerization, especially in the presence of an acid.
- Cyclopentanone is primarily used in the manufacture of drugs, biological agents, pesticides, and rubber additives
- Aldehydes and ketones can react with diazoalkane and lose nitrogen atoms, thus generating two carbonyl compounds and epoxy compounds
Key Drivers and Restraints of Cyclopentanone Market
- Rise in demand for cyclopentanone as an important chemical in the manufacture of perfumes and different aromas from the perfume industry can be ascribed to the growth of the personal care industry in various developing economies such as India and China. Steady growth of end-use industries is expected to drive the growth of cyclopentanone market during the forecast period.
- Increase in demand for cyclopentanone in the electronics industry, where the chemical is used as a solvent, is expected to drive the global cyclopentanone market during the forecast period. Besides this, growth of other end-use industries such as rubber chemicals and insecticides; and increase in usage in pharmaceuticals are expected to boost the cyclopentanone market during the forecast period.
- End-consumers and manufacturers of personal care products are concerned about the environmental footprint of various products and their ingredients. Increase in awareness about ill-effects of synthetic ingredients has propelled the demand for sustainable products that are made from organic solvents in the global personal care industry. This is also boosting the global market.
Cyclopentanone: End-use Segment
- In terms of end-use, the cyclopentanone market can be segmented into personal care, pharmaceuticals, electronics, insecticides, rubber chemicals, and others
- The personal care segment dominated the market in 2020 primarily driven by the rise in usage of cyclopentanone in various perfumes and aroma-based products in different countries across the globe
- Increase in usage of cyclopentanone in the manufacture of drugs and biological agents in developing countries is also propelling the demand for cyclopentanone. The Covid-19 pandemic has created a vast supply and demand gap for various drugs owing to the increase in usage of these drugs in the treatment of Covid-19 and post Covid-19 complications. This is expected to boost the cyclopentanone market during the forecast period.
- Global sales of automobiles increased in 2021 compared to that in 2020 owing to the slight recovery in the economy and relaxed lockdown restrictions in different parts of the globe. This boosted the demand for rubber and related products in the automobile industry. In line with this, the consumption of rubber chemicals increased, thus boosting the cyclopentanone market.
COVID-19 Impact on Cyclopentanone Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is likely to hamper the cyclopentanone market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Cyclopentanone Market
- In terms of region, the cyclopentanone market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of cyclopentanone, followed by Europe and North America. Rise in demand for organic solvents for usage in perfumes, electronics, and different drugs and insecticides is anticipated to drive the demand for cyclopentanone in Asia Pacific in the near future. Demand for cyclopentanone is expected to rise at a significant pace in Asia Pacific owing to the increase in demand for high-end personal care products and growth in buying power of the people in the region.
- Infrastructure development in countries such as China and India; and rise in public and private investments are augmenting the demand for solvents in various end-use industries such as pharmaceuticals, personal care, and electronics in Asia Pacific. This is estimated to drive the demand for cyclopentanone in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- North America is also expected to maintain its market share during the forecast period owing to the increase in demand for cyclopentanone among perfume and rubber manufacturers in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Cyclopentanone Market
The cyclopentanone market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the cyclopentanone market include:
- BASF SE
- SHANGHAI PEARLK CHEMICAL CO.,LTD
- Zhejiang NHU Co., Ltd
- Zeon Corporation
Cyclopentanone Market: Research Scope
Cyclopentanone Market, by End-use
- Personal Care
- Rubber Chemicals
Global Cyclopentanone Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.