Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma Treatment Market: Introduction
- Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma is a rare type of cancer that begins in white blood cells, called T cells (T lymphocytes). These cells normally help the human body’s germ-fighting immune system. In cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, the T cells develop abnormalities that cause them attack the skin. In general, cancer begins when cells develop changes (mutations) in their DNA. The exact cause of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma is still not known.
- Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma leads to rash-like skin redness, slightly raised or scaly round patches on the skin, and, sometimes, skin tumors. Numerous cutaneous T-cell lymphoma exist; most common type is mycosis fungoides, which progresses slowly. Sezary syndrome is less common but an aggressive form of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. The treatment of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma depends on the type of issue the person has. The treatment includes skin creams, light therapy, radiation therapy and systemic medications, such as chemotherapy. The type of treatment that is best for the person depends on particular situation, including the extent or stage of lymphoma.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma Treatment Market
- Increase in awareness about the symptoms of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma due to early diagnosis of disease and easy availability of treatment source have been major factors that have boosted the global cutaneous cell lymphoma treatment market.
- Long duration for the treatment and high cost incurred in the treatment are key factors that discourage people from opting for cutaneous cell lymphoma treatment
- Availability of right information and support at right time to patients are likely to offer opportunities for the global cutaneous cell lymphoma treatment market
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma Treatment Market
- According to report by leukemia and lymphoma Society of USA, in approximately every 3 minutes, one person in the U.S. gets diagnosed with a blood cancer. It is estimated that total of 178,520 people in the U.S. are expected to be diagnosed with leukemia, lymphoma, or myeloma in 2020, which would account for around 10% of the estimated 1,806,590 new cancer cases diagnosed in the U.S. in 2020. This is a major factor driving the demand for cutaneous cell lymphoma treatment in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high growth rate during the forecast period. The region accounts for 60% of the world population and half the global burden of cancer. Lack of awareness and late diagnosis are major factors that fuel the incidence of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma among people in the region.
Key Players Operating in Scleral lens Market
The global cutaneous T-cell lymphoma treatment market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global cutaneous T-cell lymphoma treatment market are:
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Stiefel Laboratories Inc.
- Helsinn Birex Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Celgene Corporation
- Merck & Co
Global Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma Treatment: Research Scope
Global Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma Treatment Market, by Technology
- Systemic Therapies
- Targeted Therapy
- Histone Deacetylases
- Skin-Directed Therapies
- Topical corticosteroids
- Topical chemotherapy
Global Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma Treatment Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic centres