Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Market: Overview
- Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC) is a form of skin cancer which involves malignant proliferation of keratinizing cells of the epidermis and its appendages. It generally arises from precursor lesions such as actinic keratosis and Bowen’s disease. However, it can also grow de novo on irradiated skin with or without manifestations of chronic radio dermatitis, or on chronically inflamed skin such as in chronic inflammatory skin disorders or chronic wounds.
- Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma can also develop in scars or chronic skin sores elsewhere. Squamous cell cancers are more likely to grow into deeper layers of skin and spread to other parts of the body than basal cell cancers. However, these can be removed completely (or treated in other ways).
- The diagnosis of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC) is primarily based on clinical features. Biopsy and histologic confirmation are needed in all clinically suspicious lesions in order to facilitate the prognostic classification and correct management of cSCC. The first-line treatment of cutaneous SCC is complete surgical excision with histopathological control of excision margins.
- The global cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC) market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. The market is anticipated to be driven by rise in prevalence of skin cancers, increase in awareness about cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC), and continuous research & ongoing trials on the treatment of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Market
- The global cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma market is expected to be driven by increase in the geriatric population, rise in intensity of ambient light which is considered a major factor for the cause of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, and introduction of new drugs and therapies for skin cancers.
- According to the American Cancer Society, around 2 in 10 skin cancer cases are squamous cell carcinomas (also called squamous cell cancers). Taking into account only the invasive forms of cancer, cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma is the second most common form of non-melanoma skin cancer (NMSC) and accounts for 20% of all cutaneous malignancies. This type of cancer starts from the flat cells of the epidermis. The cancer usually appears in the parts or areas of the body that are exposed to sun such as face, neck, ears, lips and hands.
- The most prominent risk factors for cSCC are sun exposure, advanced age, and UVR-sensitive skin. Cumulative chronic UVR exposure is the strongest environmental risk factor for cSCC development, which explains why the incidence of cSCC increases dramatically with age. The incidence of cSCC increases at lower latitudes, correlating with an increased intensity of ambient light. In 90% of cases, the tumor occurs on chronically UVR-exposed anatomic areas such as the head and neck, and the dorsal aspects of the hands and forearms.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Market
- North America is projected to account for prominent share of the global market during the forecast period. Increase in geriatric population, rise in patient population, and large number of research and development activities in cancer diagnosis and treatment are expected to fuel the growth of the market in the region.
- Favorable reimbursement policies, developed health care infrastructure, and rise in funding by governments for cancer treatment are anticipated to propel the market during the forecast period
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Market
Major players in the global cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma market are:
- Sanofi S.A.
- Cipla Limited
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Cadila Healthcare Ltd.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Castle Biosciences, Inc.
Global Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Market: Research Scope
Global Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Market, by Treatment Type
- Topical Immune Response Modifiers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.