Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Market: Overview
- Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC) is a form of skin cancer which involves malignant proliferation of keratinizing cells of the epidermis and its appendages. It generally arises from precursor lesions such as actinic keratosis and Bowen’s disease. However, it can also grow de novo on irradiated skin with or without manifestations of chronic radio dermatitis, or on chronically inflamed skin such as in chronic inflammatory skin disorders or chronic wounds.
- Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma can also develop in scars or chronic skin sores elsewhere. Squamous cell cancers are more likely to grow into deeper layers of skin and spread to other parts of the body than basal cell cancers. However, these can be removed completely (or treated in other ways).
- The diagnosis of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC) is primarily based on clinical features. Biopsy and histologic confirmation are needed in all clinically suspicious lesions in order to facilitate the prognostic classification and correct management of cSCC. The first-line treatment of cutaneous SCC is complete surgical excision with histopathological control of excision margins.
- The global cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC) market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. The market is anticipated to be driven by rise in prevalence of skin cancers, increase in awareness about cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC), and continuous research & ongoing trials on the treatment of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Market
- The global cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma market is expected to be driven by increase in the geriatric population, rise in intensity of ambient light which is considered a major factor for the cause of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, and introduction of new drugs and therapies for skin cancers.
- According to the American Cancer Society, around 2 in 10 skin cancer cases are squamous cell carcinomas (also called squamous cell cancers). Taking into account only the invasive forms of cancer, cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma is the second most common form of non-melanoma skin cancer (NMSC) and accounts for 20% of all cutaneous malignancies. This type of cancer starts from the flat cells of the epidermis. The cancer usually appears in the parts or areas of the body that are exposed to sun such as face, neck, ears, lips and hands.
- The most prominent risk factors for cSCC are sun exposure, advanced age, and UVR-sensitive skin. Cumulative chronic UVR exposure is the strongest environmental risk factor for cSCC development, which explains why the incidence of cSCC increases dramatically with age. The incidence of cSCC increases at lower latitudes, correlating with an increased intensity of ambient light. In 90% of cases, the tumor occurs on chronically UVR-exposed anatomic areas such as the head and neck, and the dorsal aspects of the hands and forearms.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Market
- North America is projected to account for prominent share of the global market during the forecast period. Increase in geriatric population, rise in patient population, and large number of research and development activities in cancer diagnosis and treatment are expected to fuel the growth of the market in the region.
- Favorable reimbursement policies, developed health care infrastructure, and rise in funding by governments for cancer treatment are anticipated to propel the market during the forecast period
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Market
Major players in the global cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma market are:
- Sanofi S.A.
- Cipla Limited
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Cadila Healthcare Ltd.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Castle Biosciences, Inc.
Global Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Market: Research Scope
Global Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Market, by Treatment Type
- Topical Immune Response Modifiers
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.