Global Cut-resistant Gloves Market: Introduction
- Cut-resistant gloves are used as personal protective equipment in various industries, such as automotive, food, and health care, to ensure safety and maintain hygiene at workplaces. These gloves help avoid cross contamination and exposure to particulate matters during the manufacturing process.
- Rising awareness regarding workers’ safety across mining, construction, oil & energy, and manufacturing industries is likely to drive the global cut-resistant gloves market during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is a rapidly expanding market for cut-resistant gloves, owing to large production and usage of these gloves in industries, such as health care, food & beverages, oil & gas, construction, and transportation, in the region
Key Drivers of Global Cut-resistant Gloves Market
- In the chemical industry, cut-resistant gloves are widely used to protect hands from oil and greasy substances. These gloves have several physical properties such as resistance to impact and water and improved grip. This factor is anticipated to drive the global cut-resistant gloves market during the forecast period.
- Favorable regulations regarding health security have resulted in adoption of cut-resistant gloves among end-use industries. For instance, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has set guidelines under the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Act.
- The health care industry witnesses high demand for cut-resistant gloves. Rising medical standards are expected to further drive the demand for cut-resistant gloves in the health care industry during the forecast period.
- Increasing demand for disposable gloves and strict regulations concerning safety also drive the global cut-resistant gloves market. Disposable cut-resistant gloves are considered more comfortable, softer, and inexpensive than re-usable protective gloves.
- Growth of the automotive industry has propelled the demand for safety gloves for use in protecting workers from metal cuts, chemical burns, and high-temperature resources. Mechanical hazards including radiation and electric shocks and risks arising out of microbial contamination are associated with the industrial environment. In order to reduce the high risk of exposure from material and machinery, safety precautions need to be taken by wearing gloves and other protective equipment. This factor is boosting the global cut-resistant gloves market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Latex Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Among materials, the latex segment accounted for a major share of the global cut-resistant gloves market in 2018 and is anticipated to continue its dominance during the forecast period, owing to increasing usage of latex gloves in health care, food & beverages, and oil & gas end-use industries
- Nitrile was the most rapidly expanding segment of the global cut-resistant gloves market in 2018, due to allergy-free property, puncture resistance, and durable nature of nitrile gloves. Nitrile cut-resistant gloves provide exceptional flexibility, owing to use of elastic materials in them.
- Based on application, the chemical segment accounted for a major share of the global cut-resistant gloves market in 2018. Chemical gloves provide protection against alkali, organic and inorganic acids, hydrocarbons, and other harmful chemicals.
Environment-related Concerns Likely to Hamper Market
- The global cut-resistant gloves market is primarily affected by diseases associated with the use of these gloves, such as skin allergies, and increasing automation, which reduces manpower, across industries. This factor is likely to restrain the global cut-resistant gloves market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold a Major Share of Global Cut-resistant Gloves Market
- North America accounted for a major market share in 2018 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period, owing to increased awareness about safety as well as regulations that mandate the use of protective gloves in various industries in the region
- The U.S. Department of Labor and the National Safety Council strongly promote usage of protective measures in industries that are highly prone to health risks to avoid accidental damage to health. These regulations are mandatory in key industries to avoid accidental loss. This factor is expected to drive the global cut-resistant gloves market during the forecast period.
- Stringent regulatory frameworks in countries of the European Union, such as Germany and the U.K., are primarily implemented in manufacturing companies to avoid any occupational hazard. Accidents incur losses in terms of lives, reimbursements to families, legal issues, work disturbance, and infrastructure damage. In order to reduce these incidents, market participants are focusing on managing safety solutions by implementing precautionary measures. This, in turn, is expected to drive the global cut-resistant gloves market during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Cut-Resistant Gloves Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global cut-resistant gloves market are:
- Ansell Limited
- Top Glove Corporation BHD
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Hartalega Holdings Berhad
- Kossan Rubber Industries BHD
- W.W. Grainger, Inc.
- Supermax Corporation Berhad
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Protective Industrial Products, Inc.
Global Cut-resistant Gloves Market: Research Scope
Global Cut-resistant Gloves Market, by Material
- Others (Including Butyl, Aluminized, and Cryogenic)
Global Cut-resistant Gloves Market, by Type
Global Cut-resistant Gloves Market, by Application
Global Cut-resistant Gloves Market, by End-use Industry
- Machinery & Equipment
- Metal Fabrication
- Oil & Gas
Global Cut-resistant Gloves Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.