Cut Resistant Fabrics Market: Overview
- Cut resistant fabric is a high-performance body armor that is largely used to protect border control forces, immigration professionals, prison authorities, police, and security professionals. This fabric is highly durable and it is manufactured from Kevlar.
- Cut resistant fabric is based on an innovative combination of ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene and other technical fibers. Cut resistant fabric can also be incorporated into high-performance materials such as work wear, uniform, or tactical clothing that protects the wearer from potentially horrendous cut injuries, shocks, rapid blood loss, and even death.
- Cut resistant fabrics are also used by mental health care professionals working with vulnerable children and adults with challenging behavior. Arm guards and bite-resistant clothing made by using cut resistant fabrics are used by schools for children with special educational needs and similar facilities. Use of cut resistant fabrics also effectively reduces the risk of serious injuries and infections associated with human bites.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Cut Resistant Fabrics Market report
Key Drivers of Global Cut Resistant Fabrics Market
- Increasing adoption of cut resistant fabrics in functional materials and coating processes to impart multiple functionalities to a single material is a major factor boosting the demand for cut resistant fabrics. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global cut resistant fabrics market during the forecast period. Cut resistant fabrics are used in various applications such as hockey protective equipment, neck guards, mechanical gloves, personal protective equipment, and theft proof bags.
- Rise in the demand for cut resistant fabrics with different structures, processing ability, and weights for use in product manufacture is another factor estimated to drive the global cut resistant fabrics market during the forecast period
- Rising demand for cut resistant fabrics for use in various applications, such as personal protective equipment and automotive products, is another factor expected to propel the global cut resistant fabrics market in the near future. Demand for cut resistant fabrics for use in the production of different types of bags is also estimated to rise significantly during the forecast period.
- However, presence of various stringent product manufacturing standards, such as European EN 388 and American ANSI standard, is expected to hamper the global market during the forecast period
Significant Growth of Global Personal Protective Equipment Industry
- Based on type, the global cut resistant fabrics market can be segmented into level 3 cut resistance, level 4 cut resistance, level 5 cut resistance, and others. The level 3 cut resistance segment is projected to witness rapid growth during the forecast period.
- Based on application, the global cut resistant fabrics market can be divided into personal protective equipment, automotive, luggage, industrial grade bags & packs, and others. The personal protective equipment segment is projected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, owing to rapid growth of the defense sector in developed as well as developing countries across the globe.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Cut Resistant Fabrics
- In terms of region, the global cut resistant fabrics market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for a major share of the global cut resistant fabrics market during the forecast period. Demand for cut resistant fabrics from the rapidly growing personal protective equipment industry in the region, particularly in countries such as India and China, is projected to rise during the forecast period. Moreover, the demand for cut resistant fabrics in Asia Pacific is rising, owing to high demand from the automotive industry in the region. Additionally, various other applications of cut resistant fabrics, such as flat glass handling, recycling, and metal sheet pressing, are expected to offer significant opportunities to producers of cut resistant fabrics in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report of Cut Resistant Fabrics Market
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Cut Resistant Fabrics Market
- The global cut resistant fabrics market was highly fragmented in 2018 and the trend is expected to continue throughout the forecast period. Major market participants are engaged in substantial R&D activities in order to expand their product offerings. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- PPSS Group
- Nam Liong Enterprise Co., Ltd.
Global Cut Resistant Fabrics Market: Research Scope
Global Cut Resistant Fabrics Market, by Type
- Level 3 Cut Resistance
- Level 4 Cut Resistance
- Level 5 Cut Resistance
Global Cut Resistant Fabrics Market, by Application
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Industrial Grade Bags & Packs
Global Cut Resistant Fabrics Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.