Global Cushing's syndrome and Acromegaly Treatment Market: Overview
Cushing’s syndrome is cause by increased production of corticosteroid hormones often resulting in high blood pressure and obesity. On the other hand, Acromegaly is a chronic disorder cause due to excess production of growth hormones. The global Cushing’s syndrome and Acromegaly treatment market is anticipated to display promising growth during the forecast period owing to the advancements in the healthcare industry.
Global Cushing's Syndrome and Acromegaly Treatment Market: Notable Developments
Below are a few notable developments in the global Cushing’s syndrome and Acromegaly treatment market:
- Development of Pegvisomant Therapy has proved to be a major breakthrough in the global Cushing’s syndrome and Acromegaly treatment market. Pegvisomant is a growth hormone receptor antagonist that functions by preventing the endogenous growth hormone from binding to its receptor. It has proven to considerably reduce the concentration of insulin-level growth factor 1, responsible for the spread of the disease. Development of this therapy has helped the Cushing’s syndrome and Acromegaly treatment market to expand its global footprints.
- Cabergoline, an oral agent has proven to be useful for the treatment of Cushing’s disesase. It is a dopamine receptor antagonist popularly used for the treatment of prolactinomas. This effectively reduces the level of urinary free cortisol and shrinks the pituitary adenoma to a level where it cannot be detected in an MRI, thereby aiding an efficient treatment of the disease. This has presented numerous growth opportunities for the global Cushing’s syndrome and Acromegaly treatment market.
Prominent players in the global Cushing’s syndrome and Acromegaly treatment market comprise Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Corcept Therapeutics, Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, and HRA Pharma.
Global Cushing's Syndrome and Acromegaly Treatment Market: Key Growth Dynamics
Development of new drug therapies with minimal or no side effects has highly contributed to the expansion of global Cushing’s syndrome and Acromegaly treatment market. Moreover, an increasing support from governments for the treatment Cushing’s syndrome and Acromegaly is anticipated to boost the market’s growth. Governments support the treatment of these diseases by spreading awareness and through funding
Additionally, there has been an increase in the disposable incomes in the emerging countries leading to a greater adoption of new treatments, thereby expediting the growth of global Cushing’s syndrome and Acromegaly treatment market. Along with this, rising prevalence of Cushing’s syndrome and Acromegaly has also facilitated the industry’s growth.
Furthermore, advancements in computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging has impacted the market favourably, thus flourishing its growth. In addition, rising expenditure on healthcare facilities coupled with a high demand for non-invasive treatments has highly driven the Cushing’s syndrome and Acromegaly treatment market’s expansion.
On the flipside, there are a few restraints that may cause a shortfall in the global Cushing’s syndrome and Acromegaly treatment market. Factors such as lack in awareness regarding the disease in the underdeveloped regions and lack of purchasing power in the population of a few regions may impede the market’s growth. Nonetheless, rising investment in research and development activities for the effective treatment of these conditions may create several growth opportunities for the global Cushing’s syndrome and Acromegaly treatment market.
Global Cushing's Syndrome and Acromegaly Treatment Market: Regional Outlook
Regionally, North America is perceived to lead the global Cushing’s syndrome and Acromegaly treatment market. This is owing to a high purchasing power an technological advancements. Europe is also expected to grow exponentially during the forecast period owing to an extensive medical industry. Germany is the major contributor to the Cushing’s syndrome and Acromegaly treatment market’s growth in this region on account of the presence of key market players.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.