Crumb Rubber Market: Overview
- Crumb rubber is made by reducing scrap tires into small, uniform granules. Inherent reinforcing materials of scrap tires, such as steel and fiber, are removed along with other types of inert contaminants such as dust, glass, and rock. Crumb rubber is used in various applications in rubber flooring, removable speed bumps, and athletic surfaces including playgrounds, sports courts, and athletic turfs.
- Crumb rubber adds characteristics that improve the properties of finished products. It also helps lower costs by replacing more expensive virgin compounds.
Key Drivers of Crumb Rubber Market
- Besides creating market awareness and establishing demand and distribution networks, the crumb rubber industry needs to maintain a high quality of products in order to expand significantly
- Demand for more number of walking trails is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for the global crumb rubber market. Sport and landscape surfacing are estimated to expand rapidly, while playground surfacing is a viable alternative for recycled used tires.
- Increase in demand for underlayment for walking trails and pavements that act as cushioning layer over concrete foundations of homes and paving material for home patios is expected to drive the global crumb rubber market in the near future
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Lack of Consumer Awareness to Hamper Market
- Prices of crumb rubber are projected to decline during the forecast period owing to the lack of penetrative marketing, dearth of consumer awareness, and poor distribution networks. This is anticipated to hamper the global crumb rubber market in the near future.
Key Segments of Crumb Rubber Market
- The floor mats application segment is expected to expand at the rapid pace during the forecast period. Floor mats consume between 50 million tons and 100 million tons of crumb rubber yearly. Sport and playground surfaces are projected to consume higher number of crumb rubber due to the lack of buffing. Sport and playground surfaces use more than 100 million pounds of crumb rubber yearly.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Large Share of Global Crumb Rubber Market
- Asia Pacific has become the hub of the automotive industry over the last few years. Increase in demand for automobiles in emerging countries such as China and India is driving the automobile industry, thereby boosting the crumb rubber market. Strong government support and ad-hoc tax incentives have led to robust double-digit sales growth, typically in the automotive industry in China. Rise in demand for small and fuel-efficient passenger vehicles in countries such as Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia is also anticipated to propel the automobile sector in these countries. This, in turn, is projected to boost the crumb rubber market in Asia Pacific.
- Increase in investments in the automotive sector, typically in Middle East & Africa, is expected to be a key factor driving the crumb rubber market in the region. Morocco, Egypt, and Iran are the leading motor vehicle producers in Middle East & Africa, while the major sales markets include Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and the UAE. Thus, expansion in the automotive sector in the region is augmenting the crumb rubber market.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific is followed by North America and Europe. The U.S. has one of the largest automotive industries in the world. Light vehicle sales in the country stood at 17.2 million units in 2018. Thus, growth in the automobile sector is likely to drive the demand for crumb rubber in the U.S.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Market
The global crumb rubber market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 45% to 50% share. Key players operating in the crumb rubber market include:
- LIBERTY TIRE RECYCLING
- Lakin Tire
- Emanuel Tire Family of Companies
- Tire Disposal & Recycling
- Maxan Corporation Pvt Ltd
- Tracc Tire Recycling
- Intowaste Limited
Global Crumb Rubber Market: Research Scope
Global Crumb Rubber Market, by Car Type
- Passenger Cars
- Commercial Vehicles
Global Crumb Rubber Market, by Application
- Tire Derived Fuel
- Ground Rubber
- Civil Engineer
- Floor Mats
Global Crumb Rubber Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.