Crude Heparin: One of the Most Widely Used Natural Products in Medicine
- Heparin is a widely used, strongly charged polysaccharide anticoagulant agent. It is used as a drug and incorporated in devices.
- Heparin is used to treat and prevent blood clots caused by certain medical conditions or medical procedures. It is also used before surgery to reduce the risk of blood clots.
- Crude heparin is obtained primarily from bovine and porcine sources. Moreover, it has been obtained from other animal and human sources in the past few years. Crude heparin brings some natural impurities, which are purified and processed for pharmaceutical and commercial use purpose.
- Crude heparin is the base material intended for processing for heparin sodium USP API (active pharmaceutical ingredient), not a finished drug product. This is approved for final formulation by US FDA & other regulatory bodies and it is an upstream raw material for heparin.
- The three major steps in the heparin manufacturing process are: extraction from animal intestines, separation of polysaccharide material, and purification with different acid and base wash
- Typical heparin supply chain includes slaughterhouses, crude manufacturers, and consolidators or API manufacturers to finished dosage form (FDF) manufacturer to final end users
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Crude Heparin Market
- Rise in prevalence of various diseases, particularly cardiovascular diseases, has fuelled the demand for heparin finished dosage forms. This in turn has created significant opportunities in the global crude heparin market.
- Changing lifestyle habits such as alcohol consumption, poor nutrition, obesity, and smoking have increased the prevalence of cardiovascular diseases such as pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis, and venous thromboembolism
- Heparin is the most common anticoagulant used for the prevention and treatment of diseases mentioned above. Hence, rise in prevalence of these diseases contribute to the growth of the global crude heparin market.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), around 900,000 people could be affected (1 to 2 per 1,000) by venous thromboembolism in the U.S. each year
- Moreover, growing regulatory compliance for manufacturing crude heparin to eliminate contaminants for pharmaceutical grade products and rise in awareness about heparin in developing regions fuel the growth of the global crude heparin market
- Larger animal base used as a source for crude heparin and technological advancements for processing crude heparin are the other factors boosting the growth of the global crude heparin market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Higher Contaminants in Raw Material to Hamper Global Crude Heparin Market
- Higher impurities and contaminants in natural heparin, which can cause serious side effects in end-users, is likely to hamper the growth of the global crude heparin market
- Several cultural, religious norms in certain regions and countries such as ban on porcine heparin in Gulf countries is projected to restrain the global crude heparin market
Porcine Segment to Dominant Global Market
- In terms of source, the global crude heparin market can be divided into porcine, bovine, and others
- The porcine segment accounted for major market share in 2019 due to clinically proven therapeutic efficacy, easy availability of animals, and recent regulatory norms for purification of final product
Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH) to be Highly Attractive Segment
- Based on application, the global crude heparin market can be bifurcated into low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) and unfractionated heparin (UFH)
- The low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) segment dominated the global crude heparin market in 2019 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period
- LMWH is projected to be a highly lucrative segment from 2020 to 2030 owing to higher demand for LMWH in therapeutics, less risk of side effects, and advanced methods of production
North America to Lead Global Crude Heparin Market
- In terms of region, the global crude heparin market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global crude heparin market in 2019 due to higher demand for heparin for cardiovascular diseases & sports injuries, sophisticated health care infrastructure, presence of large base of animals for raw material of crude heparin, and availability of better quality crude heparin due to regulatory control
- For instance, the American Heart Association estimated that 121.5 million adults had cardiovascular diseases between 2013 and 2016
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a highly lucrative market during the forecast period owing to larger patient pool for cardiovascular diseases, increase in the geriatric population, largest production centers particularly in China, and improving health care infrastructure in the region
- An article published by the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists in 2019 stated that around 60% of the hogs slaughtered each year come from China, with 20% coming from the European Union, 14% from the U.S., and 6% from the rest of the world
Key Players Operating in Global Crude Heparin Market
Key players operating in the global crude heparin market are:
- Shenzhen Hepalink Pharmaceutical Group
- Fengrun Biological Technology
- Hepac (Darling Ingredients)
- Scientific Protein Laboratories
- Pharma Action (Tönnies Group)
- Nanjing King-friend Biochemical Pharmaceutical
- Aspen Oss
- Changzhou Qianhong Biopharma
- Yantai Dongcheng Biochemicals
- Huaian MDC Pharmaceutical
Global Crude Heparin Market: Research Scope
Global Crude Heparin Market, by Source
Global Crude Heparin Market, by Application
- Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH)
- Unfractionated Heparin (UFH)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.