Croup Treatment Market: Introduction
- Croup is a medical condition that refers to an infection of the upper airway, which further disrupts breathing, thereby resulting into barking cough. Croup typically occurs in children and is often treatable at home. Symptoms of croup include swelling around the larynx (voice box), windpipe, and bronchi. The cough forcible tries to move through the passageway and swollen vocal cords, which results into a seal-like barking noise. Other symptoms include fever, hoarse voice, and noisy breathing. The croup condition lasts for three to five days normally. Children between the ages of 6 months and 3 years are at higher risk of getting croup, as children have small airways, and they are most susceptible to acquire the symptoms.
- Croup is commonly caused by parainfluenza virus and is easier to contract through droplets in the air. Sanitization and continuous hand washing are few preventive measures against croup. As per NCBI research published in April 2020, in the U.S., annually croup accounts for 7% of hospitalizations in children below 5 years of age. Laryngotracheitis, laryngotracheobronchitis, and laryngotracheobronchopneumonitis are covered under the croup spectrum. Croup is a highly common respiratory illness caused most commonly by viruses and a few by bacteria too. Parainfluenza virus caused primarily type 1 and type 2 viral croup, and other viruses’ causes’ adenovirus, influenza A and B, measles, and respiratory syncytial virus. The bacteria caused laryngeal diphtheria, laryngotracheobronchitis, bacterial tracheitis, and laryngotracheobronchopneumonitis croup.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Croup Treatment Market
- Rise in prevalence of croup diseases, especially in children between the ages of 6 months and 3 years is projected to drive the global croup treatment market. According to NCBI data published in April 2020, croup affects around 3% of children every year, globally. Moreover, parainfluenza virus accounted for 75% of croup infections in children. Majority of cases reported were estimated to be higher in males than females, and approx., 85% of croup cases registered were mild croup. This is likely to boost the need for treatment of croup condition. Furthermore, around 15% of respiratory infections in children was caused due to croup.
- Availability of generic medication and other treatment, including oxygen therapies and intubation, is estimated to offer treatment for croup. Additionally, awareness related to croup and guidelines related to the treatment of croup is estimated to propel the croup treatment market globally.
North America to Lead Global Croup Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global croup treatment Market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global croup treatment market during the forecast period due to an increase in prevalence of croup disease especially in children across the region. As per NBCI research in April 2020, croup is likely to affect around 3% of children every year in the U.S. Moreover, in the U.S., croup accounted for 15% emergency department visits. Moreover, rising respiratory conditions in the U.S. is anticipated to propel the market of croup treatment in the region Availability of generic medicines such as corticosteroids, epinephrine, and other medicines for treatment of croup condition would boost the market in the region.
- Europe was the second-largest market for croup treatment followed by Asia Pacific, owing to the rising prevalence of condition in winters, and especially among children in the region. As per Royal College of Emergency Medicine’s, in the U.K., 80% of children with symptoms of acute onset of stridor and cough are likely to have croup. Furthermore, croup is estimated to occur in 2% of children between the ages of 6 months and 36 months in the U.K. Moreover, male to female ratio of acquiring croup is 3:2.
Key Players Operating in Global Croup Treatment Market
The global croup treatment market is fragmented, owing to the presence many large- and small-sized players. Major players operating in the global croup treatment market are:
- Mylan N.V
- Ethypharm Group Company
- Rosemont Pharmaceuticals Ltd,
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Smiths Medical
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals
Global Croup Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Croup Treatment Market, by Disease Type
- Viral Croup
- Bacteria Croup
- Laryngeal diphtheria
- Bacterial tracheitis
Global Croup Treatment Market, by Drugs
- Cough Medicine
Global Croup Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Croup Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.