Crizanlizumab Market: Introduction
- Crizanlizumab is an effective medication for preventing vaso-occlusive crises in sickle cell anemia patients. It is a therapy for people 16 and older who suffer from vaso-occlusive crises, a severe consequence of sickle cell disease that occurs when blood circulation is blocked by sickled red blood cells.
- Sickle cell disease is characterized by the presence of sickle hemoglobin, chronic hemolysis, recurrent pain episodes, multiorgan dysfunction, and early death. Sickle cell–related pain crises are the primary cause of health care encounters in patients with sickle cell disease. These crises result in a decrease in quality of life and an increase in the risk of death. Crises are thought to be caused by vascular occlusion in the microcirculation, increased inflammation, and alterations in nociception. The prevention of crises could minimize or prevent tissue and organ damage and decrease the subsequent risk of death among patients with sickle cell disease. Crizanlizumab, an antibody against the adhesion protein P-selectin, was tested in sickle cell disease patients for safety and effectiveness. Crizanlizumab treatment was linked with a reduced risk of sickle cell–related pain crises than placebo, as well as a low number of side events.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Crizanlizumab Market
- Increase in prevalence of sickle cell anemia drives the crizanlizumab market. Approximately 5% of the world’s population carries trait genes for hemoglobin disorders, primarily sickle-cell disease and thalassaemia. Hemoglobin disorders are genetic blood diseases due to the inheritance of mutant hemoglobin genes from both, generally healthy, parents. Over 300 000 babies with severe hemoglobin disorders are born each year.
- Sickle cell disease (SCD) affects millions of people throughout the world and is particularly common among those whose ancestors came from sub-Saharan Africa; Spanish-speaking regions in the Western Hemisphere such as South America, the Caribbean, and Central America, Saudi Arabia, India, and Mediterranean countries such as Turkey, Greece, and Italy.
- It is estimated that sickle cell disease affects approximately 100,000 people in the U.S, and occurs among about 1 out of every 365 Black or African-American births; sickle cell disease occurs among about 1 out of every 16,300 Hispanic-American births, about 1 in 13 Black or African-American babies is born with sickle cell trait (SCT).
- However, stringent regulatory requirements and high cost are major factors that are likely to hamper the market
- Governments in developing countries are making significant investments to modernize healthcare infrastructure, which is likely to increase access to healthcare. This is expected to increase the demand for crizanlizumab. Increase in prevalence of sickle cell in developing countries presents lucrative opportunities for the crizanlizumab market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Crizanlizumab Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global crizanlizumab market due to high prevalence of sickle cell anemia among the population. Moreover, well- established healthcare infrastructure and hub for key industry players are major drivers of the crizanlizumab market in the region.
- The crizanlizumab market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to a rise in healthcare infrastructure. Moreover, a surge in population coupled with sickle cell disease is likely propel the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Crizanlizumab Market
The FDA approved crizanlizumab, a monoclonal antibody developed by Novartis, on November 15, 2019. Crizanlizumab aims to reduce the frequency of painful vaso-occlusive crisis, which are painful and can lead to life-threatening conditions. Moreover, they are a major cause of additional costs such as hospitalization.
Major player operating in the global crizanlizumab market is:
Global Crizanlizumab Market: Research Scope
Global Crizanlizumab Market, by Application
- Sickle cell Anemia
Global Crizanlizumab Market, by Age Group
Global Crizanlizumab Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Specialty Clinics
- Blood Banks
Global Crizanlizumab Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.