Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Treatment Market: Introduction
Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) is one of the zoonotic diseases caused by an RNA virus, which is a member of the nairovirus genus from the arbovirus group. It is transmitted via Hyalomma ticks, which are in direct contact with the blood and other bodily fluids of patients or infected animals. The incubation period of the virus is about two to 14 days, and it is related with the type of transmission and viral load.
CCHF has widely spread across Africa. Many birds are resistant to CCHF, but ostriches are susceptible to it. Hence, there is high prevalence of infection in endemic areas. CCHF was first reported in India in 2011.
The clinical manifestation spectrum of CCHF ranges from subclinical illness to an acute infection with hemorrhage. The symptoms of this fever are shortness of breath, higher D-dimer levels, lymphopenia & pulmonary infiltrates, which include ground glass opacities on CT of the chest. It is considered as higher priority pathogen by the WHO R&D Blueprint due no treatment options.
CCHF virus can be detected by RT-PCR and specific immunoglobulins (IgM and IgG) by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay.
Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Treatment Market: Key Trends
- There has been extensive growth in the identification of the cellular components, which are intricate in the tick-host-pathogen interactions. However, there is inadequate knowledge so far in case of CCHF due to the high-level suppression required for studies with the virus.
- There are many outbreaks of CCHF with fatality rate of about 40% according to WHO
Africa and Asia Pacific Dominating Global Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Treatment Market
- The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control articulates that affected ticks are found in north Africa, Asia, and southern and eastern Europe
- According to WHO, CCHF is endemic in Africa, Balkans, Middle East, and Asian countries. This is driving the market in these regions
Pipeline Analysis of Global Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Treatment Market
- There is no such a specific drug to treat CCHF. Ribavirin has found to be effective in inhibiting the replication of CCHF virus
- WHO recommends intake of ribavirin as a therapeutic drug against the CCHF
- Post exposure, prophylaxis for healthcare workers possibly exposed to CCHF virus should be considered
Key Players Operating in Global Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Treatment Market
- Lupin Ltd
- Starlake Bioscience
- Hetero Pharma
- Other prominent players
Global Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Treatment Market, by Drug Class
- DEET (N, N-diethyl-m-toluamide)
Global Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!