Creatine Kinase Reagent: Introduction
- Creatine kinase, also known as creatine phosphokinase (CPK), is an enzyme expressed by the body’s tissues and cell types. Primary function of creatine kinase is to catalyze conversion of creatine.
- The enzyme uses adenosine triphosphate (ATP) to create phosphocreatine (PCr) and adenosine diphosphate (ADP). The reaction by creatine kinase being reversible, ATP can be generated from PCr and ADP. The generated ATP is subsequently consumed rapidly by skeletal muscle, hair cells of the inner ear, brain, spermatozoa, photoreceptor cells of the retina, and smooth muscles.
- Creatine kinase test is employed to measure the amount of creatine kinase present in the blood. CK-MM, found mostly in skeletal muscles; CK-MB, found mostly in the heart muscle; and CK-BB, found mostly in brain tissue are three types of creatine enzymes. CK-MB (found in the heart muscle, CK-MM (found in skeletal muscles), and CK-BB (found mostly in brain tissue) are three types of creatine enzymes.
- Creatine kinase test is utilized to measure the amount of creatine kinase present in the blood. The test is primarily used to diagnose and monitor muscular injuries & diseases such as muscular dystrophy and Rhabdomyolis.
Key Drivers of Global Creatine Kinase Reagent Market
- The global creatine kinase reagent market is primarily driven by an increase in availability of cost-effective reagents, recent launch of new creatine kinase reagents, and rising number of patient population suffering from myocardial infarction & muscular dystrophy and cardiovascular diseases.
- According to the article published in the Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases Journal, global prevalence of Duchenne muscular dystrophy was 7.1 cases per 100,000 males and 2.8 cases per 100,000 in the general population.
- As per the data by the World Health Organization, cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) account for nearly 17.9 million deaths, each year, and is the leading cause of death, globally
Reagent Segment to Gain Share in Global Market
- In terms of product type, the global creatine kinase reagent market can be segregated into reagents and instruments
- The reagents segment is anticipated to dominate the global creatine kinase reagent market during the forecast period, due to a rise in the demand for creatine kinase reagent for diagnostic testing and an increase in number of testing offered at various healthcare centers.
Hospitals to be a Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global creatine kinase reagent market can be categorized into hospitals, clinics, diagnostic laboratories, and academic research institutes
- The hospitals segment is likely to account for a major share of the global creatine kinase Reagent market by 2030, owing to an increase in patient volume at hospitals and a wide range of applications of creatine kinase reagents
North America to Dominate Global Creatine Kinase Reagent Market
- In terms of region, the global creatine kinase reagent market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global creatine kinase reagent market during the forecast period owing focus on improvement of creatine kinase testing. According to the National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc. (NORD), muscular dystrophies are likely to affect 250,000 people in the U.S.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace and is likely to be driven by a rise in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, an increase in the demand for high specificity and sensitivity reagents for testing, and a surge in the number of hospitals & diagnostic laboratories providing accurate diagnostic testing
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global creatine kinase reagent market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global creatine kinase reagent market include:
- Randox Laboratories Ltd.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- BBI Solutions
- DiaSys Diagnostic Systems GmbH
- Tosoh India Pvt. Ltd.
- Diazyme Laboratories, Inc.
- Pointe Scientific, Inc.
Global Creatine Kinase Reagent Market: Research Scope
Global Creatine Kinase Reagent Market, by Product Type
- Kits & Reagents
Global Creatine Kinase Reagent Market, by Test Type
- Colorimetric Assay Based Tests
- Enzymatic Tests
- Point of Care Tests
- ELISA Based Tests
Global Creatine Kinase Reagent Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Academic Research Institutes
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.