Creatine Kinase Reagent: Introduction
- Creatine kinase, also known as creatine phosphokinase (CPK), is an enzyme expressed by the body’s tissues and cell types. Primary function of creatine kinase is to catalyze conversion of creatine.
- The enzyme uses adenosine triphosphate (ATP) to create phosphocreatine (PCr) and adenosine diphosphate (ADP). The reaction by creatine kinase being reversible, ATP can be generated from PCr and ADP. The generated ATP is subsequently consumed rapidly by skeletal muscle, hair cells of the inner ear, brain, spermatozoa, photoreceptor cells of the retina, and smooth muscles.
- Creatine kinase test is employed to measure the amount of creatine kinase present in the blood. CK-MM, found mostly in skeletal muscles; CK-MB, found mostly in the heart muscle; and CK-BB, found mostly in brain tissue are three types of creatine enzymes. CK-MB (found in the heart muscle, CK-MM (found in skeletal muscles), and CK-BB (found mostly in brain tissue) are three types of creatine enzymes.
- Creatine kinase test is utilized to measure the amount of creatine kinase present in the blood. The test is primarily used to diagnose and monitor muscular injuries & diseases such as muscular dystrophy and Rhabdomyolis.
Key Drivers of Global Creatine Kinase Reagent Market
- The global creatine kinase reagent market is primarily driven by an increase in availability of cost-effective reagents, recent launch of new creatine kinase reagents, and rising number of patient population suffering from myocardial infarction & muscular dystrophy and cardiovascular diseases.
- According to the article published in the Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases Journal, global prevalence of Duchenne muscular dystrophy was 7.1 cases per 100,000 males and 2.8 cases per 100,000 in the general population.
- As per the data by the World Health Organization, cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) account for nearly 17.9 million deaths, each year, and is the leading cause of death, globally
Reagent Segment to Gain Share in Global Market
- In terms of product type, the global creatine kinase reagent market can be segregated into reagents and instruments
- The reagents segment is anticipated to dominate the global creatine kinase reagent market during the forecast period, due to a rise in the demand for creatine kinase reagent for diagnostic testing and an increase in number of testing offered at various healthcare centers.
Hospitals to be a Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global creatine kinase reagent market can be categorized into hospitals, clinics, diagnostic laboratories, and academic research institutes
- The hospitals segment is likely to account for a major share of the global creatine kinase Reagent market by 2030, owing to an increase in patient volume at hospitals and a wide range of applications of creatine kinase reagents
North America to Dominate Global Creatine Kinase Reagent Market
- In terms of region, the global creatine kinase reagent market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global creatine kinase reagent market during the forecast period owing focus on improvement of creatine kinase testing. According to the National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc. (NORD), muscular dystrophies are likely to affect 250,000 people in the U.S.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace and is likely to be driven by a rise in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, an increase in the demand for high specificity and sensitivity reagents for testing, and a surge in the number of hospitals & diagnostic laboratories providing accurate diagnostic testing
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global creatine kinase reagent market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global creatine kinase reagent market include:
- Randox Laboratories Ltd.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- BBI Solutions
- DiaSys Diagnostic Systems GmbH
- Tosoh India Pvt. Ltd.
- Diazyme Laboratories, Inc.
- Pointe Scientific, Inc.
Global Creatine Kinase Reagent Market: Research Scope
Global Creatine Kinase Reagent Market, by Product Type
- Kits & Reagents
Global Creatine Kinase Reagent Market, by Test Type
- Colorimetric Assay Based Tests
- Enzymatic Tests
- Point of Care Tests
- ELISA Based Tests
Global Creatine Kinase Reagent Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Academic Research Institutes