Awareness about Orthoses to Create Opportunities in Global Cranial Orthoses Market
- Cranial orthoses are orthotic helmets or headgears used in the treatment of asymmetrical or deformational flattening of the cranium. Cranial orthoses are generally used for infants aged between 6 weeks and 1 year, as the cranium is in its most dynamic growth phase during this period.
- Cranial orthoses function by applying active or passive pressure on the baby’s prominent areas of the skull and enabling growth in the suppressed or flatter areas of the cranium. These devices are customized to fit an infant’s head and to provide proper pressure support by using a mold or 3D scan of the head. These are usually advised to be worn for 22 to 23 hours a day during the treatment regime.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Cranial Orthoses Market
- Favorable government policies and rise in awareness and affordability of orthotic treatments in developing countries are anticipated to drive the global cranial orthoses market
- Public as well as private organizations in developing economies, such as India, China, Brazil, and Mexico are collaborating with medical device manufacturers to develop high quality orthotic products to be made available at an affordable price to mitigate the gap between supply and demand in the orthotics industry
- According to the World Bank Data, India’s GDP more than doubled in a decade, from US$ 1.19 Trn in 2008 to US$ 2.65 Trn in 2017. Moreover, recent regulatory framework for medical devices in India with 100% FDI through both automatic and government routes could act as a driver of the orthotics industry.
- Inclusive government policies, increase in disposable income, favorable reimbursement programs, and rise in purchasing power boost the growth of the global health care industry. This in turn drives the cranial orthoses market in developing countries.
- Availability of alternative therapies, adverse effects associated with cranial orthoses, and limited access to quality health care in emerging economies and underdeveloped countries are expected to restrain the global cranial orthoses market during the forecast period
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Cranial Orthoses Market, Request a Brochure here
Plagiocephaly Indication Segment to Witness High Demand for Cranial Orthoses
- Based on indication, the global cranial orthoses market can be divided into plagiocephaly, brachycephaly, and scaphocephaly
- Plagiocephaly refers to a type of cranial deformation, in which the head becomes flat on one side bringing one ear forward than the other, leading to a skewed appearance of head on one side when viewed from above
- In brachycephaly, the head becomes wider than normal and appears flatter on the back rather than curved. Scaphocephaly refers to a longer, taller, and narrower head than normal.
- Plagiocephaly is anticipated to be the most attractive segment due to high prevalence rate of the condition. Plagiocephaly can be caused due to internal as well as external factors such as infant lying on the back for extended period creating pressure on either side of the head.
Orthotic Clinics Segment to Offer Significant Opportunities
- Based on end-user, the global cranial orthoses market can be divided into hospitals, orthotic clinics, and others
- Demand for cranial orthotics is expected to be high in hospitals and orthotic clinics during the forecast period
- Changing demographics in developing economies, such as China, India, Brazil, and South Africa, are expected to present significant opportunities for medical device manufacturers in the next few years. Public and private health care expenditure in these countries is projected to rise. This, in turn, is likely to increase the number of hospitals in these countries in the near future.
- According to China's National Health and Family Planning Commission (NHFPC), the number of private hospitals in China doubled between 2011 and 2017 to reach 16,900. Private hospitals account for more than 57% of the total number of hospitals in the country.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
North America to Lead Global Cranial Orthoses Market
- The global cranial orthoses market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness the high demand for cranial orthoses from 2019 to 2027. Increase in purchasing power and adoption of novel treatment methods for orthopedic disorders in the region are expected to drive the cranial orthoses market in Asia Pacific.
- North America is projected to be the largest market for cranial orthotics, owing to high affordability and consumption. Technical advancements such as high efficiency, specificity, and custom orthotics are anticipated to propel the cranial orthoses market in North America during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Cranial Orthoses Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global cranial orthoses market are:
- Ballert Orthopedic
- Becker Orthopedic
- Boston Brace
- Cranial Technologies
- Hanger Clinic
Global Cranial Orthoses Market: Research Scope
Global Cranial Orthoses Market, by Indication
Global Cranial Orthoses Market, by End-user
- Orthotic Clinics
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.