Awareness about Orthoses to Create Opportunities in Global Cranial Orthoses Market
- Cranial orthoses are orthotic helmets or headgears used in the treatment of asymmetrical or deformational flattening of the cranium. Cranial orthoses are generally used for infants aged between 6 weeks and 1 year, as the cranium is in its most dynamic growth phase during this period.
- Cranial orthoses function by applying active or passive pressure on the baby’s prominent areas of the skull and enabling growth in the suppressed or flatter areas of the cranium. These devices are customized to fit an infant’s head and to provide proper pressure support by using a mold or 3D scan of the head. These are usually advised to be worn for 22 to 23 hours a day during the treatment regime.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Cranial Orthoses Market
- Favorable government policies and rise in awareness and affordability of orthotic treatments in developing countries are anticipated to drive the global cranial orthoses market
- Public as well as private organizations in developing economies, such as India, China, Brazil, and Mexico are collaborating with medical device manufacturers to develop high quality orthotic products to be made available at an affordable price to mitigate the gap between supply and demand in the orthotics industry
- According to the World Bank Data, India’s GDP more than doubled in a decade, from US$ 1.19 Trn in 2008 to US$ 2.65 Trn in 2017. Moreover, recent regulatory framework for medical devices in India with 100% FDI through both automatic and government routes could act as a driver of the orthotics industry.
- Inclusive government policies, increase in disposable income, favorable reimbursement programs, and rise in purchasing power boost the growth of the global health care industry. This in turn drives the cranial orthoses market in developing countries.
- Availability of alternative therapies, adverse effects associated with cranial orthoses, and limited access to quality health care in emerging economies and underdeveloped countries are expected to restrain the global cranial orthoses market during the forecast period
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Cranial Orthoses Market, Request a Brochure here
Plagiocephaly Indication Segment to Witness High Demand for Cranial Orthoses
- Based on indication, the global cranial orthoses market can be divided into plagiocephaly, brachycephaly, and scaphocephaly
- Plagiocephaly refers to a type of cranial deformation, in which the head becomes flat on one side bringing one ear forward than the other, leading to a skewed appearance of head on one side when viewed from above
- In brachycephaly, the head becomes wider than normal and appears flatter on the back rather than curved. Scaphocephaly refers to a longer, taller, and narrower head than normal.
- Plagiocephaly is anticipated to be the most attractive segment due to high prevalence rate of the condition. Plagiocephaly can be caused due to internal as well as external factors such as infant lying on the back for extended period creating pressure on either side of the head.
Orthotic Clinics Segment to Offer Significant Opportunities
- Based on end-user, the global cranial orthoses market can be divided into hospitals, orthotic clinics, and others
- Demand for cranial orthotics is expected to be high in hospitals and orthotic clinics during the forecast period
- Changing demographics in developing economies, such as China, India, Brazil, and South Africa, are expected to present significant opportunities for medical device manufacturers in the next few years. Public and private health care expenditure in these countries is projected to rise. This, in turn, is likely to increase the number of hospitals in these countries in the near future.
- According to China's National Health and Family Planning Commission (NHFPC), the number of private hospitals in China doubled between 2011 and 2017 to reach 16,900. Private hospitals account for more than 57% of the total number of hospitals in the country.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
North America to Lead Global Cranial Orthoses Market
- The global cranial orthoses market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness the high demand for cranial orthoses from 2019 to 2027. Increase in purchasing power and adoption of novel treatment methods for orthopedic disorders in the region are expected to drive the cranial orthoses market in Asia Pacific.
- North America is projected to be the largest market for cranial orthotics, owing to high affordability and consumption. Technical advancements such as high efficiency, specificity, and custom orthotics are anticipated to propel the cranial orthoses market in North America during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Cranial Orthoses Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global cranial orthoses market are:
- Ballert Orthopedic
- Becker Orthopedic
- Boston Brace
- Cranial Technologies
- Hanger Clinic
Global Cranial Orthoses Market: Research Scope
Global Cranial Orthoses Market, by Indication
Global Cranial Orthoses Market, by End-user
- Orthotic Clinics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.