Cranial Clamps Market: Introduction
Cranial cramps are the instruments which are manufactured to grip and keep head steady during a neurosurgery, which gives better access to brain during the surgery. Normally, most of the neurosurgery procedures require rigid fixation of the head for a successful operation. Head fixation devices are one of the most important medical devices in neurosurgery as they are preconditioned which allows neurosurgeons to operate precisely.
Cranial clamps are used in different types of procedures including head trauma injuries, craniotomy for tumor removal, neurodegenerative disorders such as epilepsy or Parkinson’s disease, and cerebrovascular disorders such as aneurysms. They are also utilized in medical imaging technologies such as skull radiography, computed tomography (CT) scan, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Cranial Clamps Market: Drivers and Restraints
Rise in number of neurosurgeries due to increase in risk factors such as cancer, trauma, and other disorders leads to increase in adoption of cranial clamps. Increase in health care infrastructure, rise in number of hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers, and increase in investment in research & development activities by pharmaceutical and biotech companies are some of the key factors which are expected to drive the global cranial clamps market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Cranial Clamps Market Report
Additionally, advancements in technology, for example, discovery of sterilizable & radiolucent cranial clamps, development of new surgical techniques, and miniaturized instruments to minimize surgical footprints are some of the factors which are anticipated to propel the global cranial clamps market. However, wounds caused by pin-type clamps and risks associated with depressed skull fractures and neurosurgeries are some of the factors which may hinder the growth of the global cranial clamps market in the next few years.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Cranial Clamps Market
- North America, dominated by the U.S., accounts for the major share of the market, owing to the large number of procedures performed in the region. According to the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recent findings since 2010s, traumatic brain injury (TBI one of the main causes of fatality in the country, whose incidence is increasing by almost 50% every year. For example, as per the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, in the U.S. approximately 1.9 million of TBI cases are diagnosed every year.
- According to AFFiRiS AG, nearly 7 to 10 million people suffer or are treated with life threatening disabilities due to Parkinson’s disease every year. Thus, rise in number of TBI and Parkinson’s disease as well as other neurodegenerative diseases is expected to increase the demand for neurosurgeries. This, in turn, is anticipated to propel the global cranial clamps market in the next few years.
- Asia Pacific is likely to be the one of the lucrative markets for cranial cramps products in the near future due to swiftly developing medical & technological infrastructure and increase in government initiatives
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Cranial Clamps Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global cranial cramps market is highly saturated with key manufacturers implementing various strategies to gain maximum market share.
Leading players operating in the global cranial cramps market are:
- Pro-med instruments GmbH
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Allen Medical (Hill-Rom)
- B Braun Melsungen AG
- Micromar Ind e com
- Eschmann Holdings Ltd (Steris PLC)
Global Cranial Clamps Market, by Design Type
- Horseshoe Headrests
- Pin Fixation Clamps
Global Cranial Clamps Market, by Application
Global Cranial Clamps Market, by Patient
Global Cranial Clamps Market, by Specialty
Global Cranial Clamps Market, by End-use
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Cranial Clamps Market, by Region/Sub-Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.