Countertop Materials Market: Introduction
- Countertop is a work surface that is used in kitchens or various other food preparation areas, lavatories or bathrooms, and workrooms. It is often installed upon and supported by cabinets. Countertops can be built of different materials with multiple attributes of durability, functionality, and esthetics. Countertops can also have built-in appliances as well as accessory items.
- Various types of countertop materials include natural stones (granite, gabbro, limestone, soapstone, marble, and slate); silicate mineral (travertine and quartz); wood (hardwood and softwood); metals (stainless steel, copper, zinc, and aluminum); and crafted glass. Manufactured countertop materials include concrete (precast, cast-in-place, and processed slabs); compressed fiber or paper; high-pressure laminates (self-edged high-pressure decorative laminates and post-formed high-pressure decorative laminates); cultured marble; solid-surface acrylic plastic materials; terrazzo; solid-surface polyester acrylic; tile; and cast-in-place materials (post-consumer glass suspended in a resin and natural stone suspended in a resin.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Key Drivers of Countertop Materials Market
- Rise in demand for advanced countertop materials and increase in adoption of countertops in residential as well as non-residential sectors owing to their durability and ease of maintenance are major factors projected to drive the global countertop materials market during the forecast period
- Increase in awareness about the advantages of enhanced quality countertop materials in residential and non-residential sectors is expected to boost the market. Rise in adoption of countertops in non-residential sectors such as office, lodging, retail, and institutions is also anticipated to augment the demand for countertop materials during the forecast period.
- Countertop materials are primarily employed in construction applications owing to various advantages offered by these materials such as resistance to acid and stain, easy to maintain, durable, and cost effectiveness. Additionally, these materials are utilized to improve tensile strength and waterproofing, and provide corrosion- and water-resistance. These are other factors projected to augment the global countertop materials market.
- Rise in demand for countertop materials in numerous industrial applications due to their superior physical properties is another factor estimated to propel the global countertop materials market
Significant Opportunities in Construction Industry
- Based on material type, the global countertop materials market can be segmented into natural stone, engineered stone, concrete, solid surfaces, and others (plastic laminate, ceramic, wood, etc.). In terms of revenue, the natural stone segment is projected to hold significant share of the market, owing to the rise in demand for natural stone based countertops in residential and non-residential industries.
- Based on end-user, the global countertop materials market can be divided into residential and non-residential. In terms of revenue, the residential segment is projected to account for key share of the market, owing to various properties offered by these materials such as resistance to stain, scratch, heat, acid, as well as impact. Additionally, growth in household construction activities in developing as well as developed countries across the globe is another major factor expected to boost the demand for countertop materials in the residential sector. This, in turn, is likely to drive the segment during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Countertop Materials Market
- Based on region, the global countertop materials market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, Asia Pacific is anticipated to account for significant share of the global countertop materials market during the forecast period. Demand for countertop materials is increasing rapidly in residential and non-residential sectors in countries in Asia Pacific. Countertop materials possess several features such as resistance to heat and wear, excellent shelf life, durability, as well as toughness. This is another factor expected to drive the market in Asia Pacific in the near future.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
- The global countertop materials market was highly fragmented in 2018. Several major players engage in significant product development activities in order to enhance their product portfolio.
Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Aro Granite Industries Ltd.
- POKARNA LIMITED
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Masco Corporation
- STRASSER WOODENWORKS
- Steine GmbH
- Wilsonart LLC
- ARISTECH SURFACES LLC
Global Countertop Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Countertop Materials Market, by Material Type
- Natural Stone
- Engineered Stone
- Solid Surfaces
- Others (Plastic Laminate, Ceramic, Wood, etc.)
Global Countertop Materials Market, by End-user
Global Countertop Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.