Cosmetic Bioactive Ingredients Market: Introduction
- Cosmetics are products of chemical compounds derived from either natural sources or synthetically created ones. Cosmetics have several purposes; those made for personal care and skin care can be used to cleanse or protect the body or skin.
- Cosmetic bioactive ingredients have a various functions such as UV protection, whitening, tanning, anti-wrinkling, and antiaging. Cosmetics preparation contains active substances such as peptides, polysaccharides, phytochemicals, vitamins, antioxidants, essential oils, etc.
- Cosmetics designed to enhance one's appearance, such as makeup, can be used to conceal blemishes; enhance one's natural features such as the eyebrows and eyelashes; add color to a person's face; and can be used to change the appearance of the face entirely to resemble a different person, creature or object. Cosmetics can also add fragrance to the body.
Cosmetic Bioactive Ingredients Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Currently, cosmetics have become an indispensable feature of modern lifestyle. Moreover, rise in consciousness about external beauty along with individual’s internal intellect has become one of the major factors driving the cosmetic bioactive ingredients market. Presently, along with women, there is a rise in usage of cosmetics among men in their daily routine, which boosts the global cosmetic bioactive ingredients market. Hence, such changing lifestyles have also propels the global cosmetic bioactive ingredients market.
- Various types of chemicals used as ingredients in cosmetic products can have numerous adverse side-effects on the skin. Long-term and extensive usage of chemical rich shampoos, serums, and conditioners lead to heavy hair fall problems
- Furthermore, extensive utilization of color cosmetic products for eyes and lips can also cause several skin diseases and consequential health hazards. Hence, increase in awareness about the probable side-effects of cosmetics and skin concerns among customers is an important factor that hinders the market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Cosmetic Bioactive Ingredients Market
- North America dominated the global cosmetic bioactive ingredients market in 2020, and the U.S. was a prominent shareholder in the regional market. Expansion of the market in North America is attributed to the presence of major market players in the region.
- Increase in the number of cosmetics products stores in the region is a major factor that is anticipated to boost the market during the forecast period. In the U.S., around 161 million women use beauty products each day.
- The market in Europe is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. The U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Poland, and Spain are prominent markets of the region. Moreover, demand for lip colors among youth consumers is rising in the region in order to achieve a trendy and fashionable appearance.
- The market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Rapid urbanization in developing countries, such as China, India, Malaysia, and Taiwan, has been fueling the demand for luxury personal care products in Asia Pacific. Rising penetration of global brands is expected to boost the market in the near future. Additionally, innovative and attractive packaging is anticipated to expand the consumer base of the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Cosmetic Bioactive Ingredients Market
Major players operating in the global cosmetic bioactive ingredients market are listed below:
- Solvay S.A
- DOW Chemicals
- Evonik Industries
- Lonza Group
- Croda International
- Ashland Global Holdings
- BASF SE
- Symrise AG
- Clariant AG
Global Cosmetic Bioactive Ingredients Market: Research Scope
Global Cosmetic Bioactive Ingredients Market, by Category
- Hair care
- Skin care
Global Cosmetic Bioactive Ingredients Market, by Gender
Global Cosmetic Bioactive Ingredients Market, by Ingredient
- Essential Oils
Global Cosmetic Bioactive Ingredients Market, by Application
- Bromoting attractiveness
Global Cosmetic Bioactive Ingredients Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa