Global Cosmetic Antioxidants Market – Introduction
- Cosmetic antioxidants are materials used while manufacturing cosmetics to protect human skill cells. Cosmetic antioxidants are used in a variety of cosmetics comprising skin care, hair care, and makeup. They are highly powerful active agents which prevent oxidation on the skin. Oxidation causes loss of skin texture, uncleanliness, decrease in natural oils, and discoloration of the skin. Cosmetic antioxidants protect the skin for long and slows down the aging process which is visible on the skin in the form of wrinkles, aging, and fine lines, and boosts the skin’s radiance, minimizes dark spots, and sun spots. Apart from protecting the skin, cosmetic agents also prevent degradation of natural ingredients such as proteins, sugars, and lipids in cosmetic products.
Greater use of dermatologically tested products consisting of cosmetic antioxidants –a driving factor
- The use of cosmetic antioxidants have grown over the years in many dermatologically tested products prescribed by doctors. Increase in cosmetic surgeries and facial & hair treatments provided by expert doctors comprise cosmetic antioxidants to treat damage caused to skin and hair cells. Several antioxidants leave the skin hydrated and increases moisture retention to help revitalize dull-looking skin. Antioxidants present in cosmetics and dermatologically tested products fight against free radicals that occur due to the exposure of skin to environmental factors such as UV rays, pollution, cigarette smoke, and other chemicals. Thus, inclusion of antioxidants in various skincare products is also recommended by dermatologists and skin care experts, thereby leading to healthy sales of makeup and cosmetics with cosmetic antioxidants.
Cosmetic antioxidants prevent sun damage and brighten skin tone, leading to high demand
- Cosmetic antioxidants reduce inflammation and enables the skin to get repaired fast. The antioxidants prevent sunburn and provide enhanced protection against sun damage and photo aging. The skin becomes less responsive to harmful sun rays after using cosmetics with antioxidants. The production of melanin causes pigmentation on natural skin. Dark spots and uneven skin tone are reduced and antioxidants help in bringing back abnormal skin pigmentation to normal skin tone, thus leading to a brighter and radiant skin tone. Hair loss is also treated by cosmetic antioxidants. These factors generate high demand for cosmetic antioxidants in the market.
North America to Dominate the Global Cosmetic Antioxidants Market
- The global cosmetic antioxidants market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global cosmetic antioxidants market in 2020. The market in North America and Europe is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to increase in cosmetic surgeries, extensive scientific laboratory testing of cosmetic products, technologically advanced and effective skin products, and wide availability of premium beauty range with advanced antioxidants in countries such as the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, and France, which is projected to surge the sales of cosmetic antioxidants in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to high net disposable income, increase in standard of living, increased focus by women on maintaining skin brightness, and increase the levels of Vitamin C by using cosmetic antioxidants regularly, and growing number of skin & hair treatments in salons, etc. in China, India, Japan, and other countries in Southeast Asia.
Key Players Operating in the Global Cosmetic Antioxidants Market
Major players operating in the global cosmetic antioxidants market are likely to face intense competition during the forecast period. Prominent companies such as Maybelline New York, Estée Lauder Companies Inc., MAC Cosmetics, and Revlon, Inc. are focusing on products which are gentler on the skin, have high cleansing mechanisms, and facial makeup removers which remove dirt, oil, and makeup with ease. Majority of manufactures have also developed their company-owned websites for online selling, thereby generating more consumers.
Key players operating in the global cosmetic antioxidants market include:
- Maybelline New York
- Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- MAC Cosmetics
- Revlon, Inc.
- Laura Mercier
- Clinique Laboratories, LLC
- Shiseido Co. Ltd.
- L' Oréal
Global Cosmetic Antioxidants Market, by Product Type
- Açai oil
- Alpha lipoic acid
- Green and white tea
- Vitamin C
- Others (Glutathione, etc.)
Global Cosmetic Antioxidants Market, by Skin Type
- Others (Combined, etc.)
Global Cosmetic Antioxidants Market, by Ingredients
Global Cosmetic Antioxidants Market, by Price Range
Global Cosmetic Antioxidants Market, by End-use
- Medical Clinics
- Others (Beauty clinics, etc.)
Global Cosmetic Antioxidants Market, by Application
- Hair care
Global Cosmetic Antioxidants Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company-owned Website
- E-commerce Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Others (independent retail stores, etc.)
Global Cosmetic Antioxidants Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.