Corpectomy System: Introduction
- Corpectomy systems provide a solution for stabilization of the spine in skeletally mature patients to replace a diseased, collapsed, damaged, or unstable vertebral body due to tumor, osteomyelitis, trauma (i.e. fracture), or for reconstruction following corpectomy performed to achieve decompression of the spinal cord and neural tissues in degenerative disorders. The system is offered in static and expandable PEEK cage options. This versatile system allows for visibility of postoperative fusions and clarity for postoperative tumor assessment.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Corpectomy System Market
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the geriatric population, that is population aged over 65 years, has increased significantly in the past few years and is projected to account for over 16.7% of the total population in 2050. Rise in geriatric population is likely to increase the vertebral instability in this group. This is expected to drive the demand for corpectomy system. This, in turn, is anticipated to contribute to the growth of the market during the forecast period.
- Awareness among the people about various cervical degenerative disorders and available treatments has been increasing. A number of dedicated websites providing information related to cervical degenerative disorders and their treatments are available on the internet. These websites are gaining an advantage of Internet and contribute a plethora of information available to the patients related to the cervical degenerative disorders and spinal fusion treatments.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Corpectomy System Market Report
- All spinal surgeries are associated with complications and risks, which could make patients wary of opting for them. These risks can sometimes weigh down the benefits associated with the implant and restrain the market. The most common risk associated with surgeries include the failure to relieve the lower back pain symptoms which is noticed in over 20% of all the spinal fusion surgeries. This outcome is commonly referred to as “failed back surgery syndrome”.
- Certain research-oriented companies such as Stryker Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, and Medtronic are working on developing advanced expandable corpectomy systems. Introduction of expandable corpectomy system at an affordable price would boost the global corpectomy system market during the forecast period, owing to added benefits of the technology. The corpectomy system options are expensive; hence, the costs of premium priced corpectomy systems are likely to hinder the growth of sales revenue of the market over the forecast period. Affordable pricing policy of governments and patient support programs are expected to support growth of the corpectomy system market.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Corpectomy System Market
- In terms of geography, the global corpectomy system market is segmented into five key regions viz. North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe are expected to hold major share in the corpectomy system market during the forecast period, owing to developed healthcare infrastructure in the region and large patient population along with increasing technological development. According to the National Statistics Group, health spending is projected to increase at an average rate of 5.8% from 2012 to 2022 in the U.S, which is 1% faster than expected average annual growth in GDP. Rising health care spending has been identified as one of the major factors supporting growth of the surgical procedures market in the U.S. Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a higher growth rate during the forecast period. Increase in health care spending and improving health care infrastructure in the region are expected to drive the overall orthopedic treatment market that lead to rise in sale of corpectomy system during the forecast period. Rising aging population prone to spine instability is one of the major factors considered to propel the global corpectomy system market in the near future.
Key Players Operating in Global Corpectomy System Market
Manufacturers in the global corpectomy system market are increasingly investing in research & development of new and innovative techniques to manufacture advanced products for screening. These players are also focused on offering highly efficient and reliable products.
In March 2020, Nexxt Spine LLC received the FDA 510(k) clearance of the Nexxt Matrixx Corpectomy System. The Corpectomy System is the newest addition to Nexxt Spine’s portfolio. The Nexxt Matrixx Corpectomy System has been cleared for use in the cervical spine (C2-T1) and thoracolumbar spine (T1-L5).
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Corpectomy System Market” here
In September 2019, Medtronic plc launched Synergy Corpectomy, the first and only fully-navigated corpectomy system. It is integrated with O-arm and Stealth to enable pre-surgical planning, real-time navigation, and multiple benefits including virtual sizing of the implant
Leading companies operating in the global corpectomy system market are:
- Camber Spine
- Nexxt Spine LLC
- NuVasive, Inc.'s
- Astura Medical, LLC
- Jayon Implants
- DePuy Synthes Companies (Johnson & Johnson)
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- ulrich medical
Global Corpectomy System Market: Research Scope
Global Corpectomy System Market, by Application
- Cervical (C2-C7)
- Thoracolumbar (T1-L5)
Global Corpectomy System Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Corpectomy System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.