Global Coronavirus Infection Market: Outline
Coronavirus is the type of virus that belongs to either of the two subfamilies, Coronavirinae or Torovirinae and it generally affects the respiratory tract of mammals. Coronavirus is thus called as it has a crown-like appearance and in Latin, the word ‘corona’ means crown. Human coronaviruses (HCoV) were discovered in the 1960s from the naval cavities of patients affected with common cold. These viruses cause a range of serious infections in humans from common cold to severe respiratory problems. Coronavirus is spread through droplets, i.e., by coughing or sneezing and there is a limited possibility that this large family of virus can also be spread by close contacts with an ability to pass from person to person. Sore throat, coughing, fever, respiratory infection and difficulty in breathing are some of the most common symptoms of coronavirus infection.
Global Coronavirus Infection Market: Key Categories
Based on the infections caused by coronavirus infection, the market can be segmented as follows:
- HCoV-229E: causes common cold, pneumonia, and bronchiolitis
- HCoV-OC43: causes respiratory tract infection and pneumonia in infants
- SARS-CoV: causes severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)
- New Haven CoV: causes Kawasaki disease, aneurysmsof the coronary arteries
- HKU1-CoV: causes acute respiratory distress and bilateral pneumonia
- MERS-CoV (Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus): causes bronchial infections
There are few coronavirus vaccines available in the market such as inactivated coronavirus vaccine, live attenuated coronavirus vaccine and S-Protein based coronavirus vaccine. Various precautions and therapeutic drugs can also be taken to prevent or minimize the effect of this fatal infection. Some of the precautions are as follows:
- Standard precaution: hand hygiene, eye protection, disinfection of equipments etc.
- Droplet precaution: Use of medical mask and restricted patient movement
- Airborne precaution: Use of PPE (personal protective equipment), gloves etc.
Global Coronavirus Infection Market: Trends and Opportunities
Major driving factors for the growth of coronary infection market are increase in the rate of communicable diseases, disposable income in emerging countries, increasing number of hospitals, and rising health hygiene of individuals across geographies. Technological advancement and innovation about respiratory infection treatment has also triggered the growth of the coronary infection market. On the other hand, huge amount of capital involved in the market would most likely impede the growth of this market.
Global Coronavirus Infection Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, North America holds a leading position in the coronary infection market followed by Europe. The prime driving factors for the growth of this market in these regions are increasing awareness among people regarding infectious viruses such as SARS-CoV, shift to sophisticated treatment tools, and constantly increasing segment of the population who acquire coronavirus infection. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 1.1 million people in the United States were hospitalized with pneumonia and 50,000 people died from this disease. Asia-Pacific is one of the fastest growing regions and is the most lucrative market as this region is expected to show a rapid growth in the near future. Major factors that will boost the growth of the coronavirus infection market in Asia-Pacific are high population density in countries like China and India where there is high prevalence of contagious diseases, improved healthcare infrastructure, and demand for novel drug therapeutics related to coronavirus infected diseases.
Global Coronavirus Infection Market: Companies Covered under the Report
Some of the top major players operating in the coronavirus market are Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Novavax, Inc., Protein Potential, LLC, AlphaVax, Inc., Synairgen plc, NanoViricides, Inc., GGeneCure, LLC and many others.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.