Expansion in Emerging Economies of Asia Pacific and Latin America to Offer Growth Opportunities
- Asia Pacific is a rapidly growing market for COPD devices. Technological advancements and improving health care infrastructure are expected to drive the market in the region.
- Significant growth in medical tourism in Asia Pacific is anticipated to result in higher number of pulmonary lung function tests. This is likely to drive the demand for COPD devices market in the region.
- Large number of geriatric population is suffering from respiratory ailments in most countries, such as Japan, China, and India, thus adding to the patient pool. This is increasing the number of respiratory tests being performed.
- Japan was the largest COPD devices market in Asia Pacific in 2018. The country’s dominance in terms of technological advancements in COPD devices can be attributed to better health care facilities, presence of advanced biomedical companies, and large base of geriatric population. According to the United Nations Population Division, Japan had around 9 million people aged 80 years and above in 2013.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our COPD Devices Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global COPD Devices Market
- Increase in prevalence of respiratory diseases, growth in geriatric population demanding respiratory disease monitoring products, and technological advancements boosting the use of respiratory monitoring devices are driving the COPD devices market. However, low adoption of expensive COPD devices is expected to restrain the market growth during the forecast period.
- Prevalence rate of respiratory diseases, such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, and COPD is increasing significantly across the globe. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), North America accounted for the highest number of asthma and COPD cases in the world in 2012.
- Manufacturers of COPD devices are integrating enhanced patient monitors, innovative parameters, wireless devices, workflows, and integrated information technology solutions. This has enabled clinicians and health care experts to practice and deliver customized services to patients requiring the respiratory disease treatment.
- Various manufacturing companies provide not only technologically advanced products, but also value-added services, such as portable and user-friendly devices, and access to clinical information
Inhalers Segment to Expand Significantly
- Based on type, the global COPD devices market can be divided into inhalers and nebulizers. Inhalers segment can be further sub-segmented into drug powder inhalers (DPIs), metered dose inhalers (MDIs), and soft mist inhalers (SMIs). The nebulizers segment is sub-divided into compressor nebulizers, ultrasonic nebulizers, and mesh nebulizers.
- Inhalers segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. Increase in incidence rate of respiratory disorders and growing geriatric population are driving the segment. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
- According to the WHO, the global geriatric population is likely to reach 2 billion (22% of the global population) by 2050 as compared to 617 million in 2015
Hospitals Segment Dominated COPD Devices Market
- Based on end-user, the global COPD devices market can be classified into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, clinics, and others
- Growth of the hospitals segment can be attributable to increased usage of COPD devices due to rise in the number of hospitalized patients
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom COPD Devices Market Report
North America to Lead Global COPD Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global COPD devices market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the market in 2018, owing to the increase in the incidence of asthma and COPD and rising number of awareness programs initiated by governments regarding availability of technologically advanced respiratory diagnostic procedures
- The U.S. dominates the market in North America due to high awareness, significant health care budget, early availability of advanced technologies, and high penetration of research activities in the country
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global COPD devices market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Novartis AG
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- GF HEALTH PRODUCTS, INC.
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Smiths Medical
Global COPD Devices Market, by Type
- Drug Powder Inhalers (DPIs)
- Metered Dose Inhalers (MDIs)
- Soft Mist Inhalers (SMIs)
- Compressor Nebulizers
- Ultrasonic Nebulizers
- Mesh Nebulizers
Global COPD Devices Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global COPD Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.