Congenital Neutropenia Treatment: Introduction
- Congenital neutropenia occurs when an individual has low levels of neutrophils, a type of white blood cells. Neutrophils are made in the bone marrow, which is the spongy tissue found in larger bones such as the vertebrae, ribs, and pelvis.
- White blood cells support the body in fighting infections. Neutrophils fight against infection by demolishing harmful fungi, yeast, and bacteria that attack the body. People with congenital neutropenia have a higher risk of developing serious infections. Half of the individuals with cancer who receive chemotherapy develop some level of neutropenia. Neutropenia is a common side-effect in people living with leukemia.
Key Drivers of Global Congenital Neutropenia Treatment Market
- The global congenital neutropenia treatment market is anticipated to expand rapidly in the near few years. Introduction of novel therapies and increase in the cases of chemotherapy-induced neutropenia are likely to be major drivers of the congenital neutropenia treatment market. Cancer is a known cause for developing neutropenia.
- A rise in the cases of chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer is projected to boost the congenital neutropenia treatment market. Cancer is among the top five causes of death across all age groups around the world.
- In 2014, about 1.6 million new cases of cancer were registered in the U.S., and approximately 600,000 individuals died due to the disease. The most common cancers are prostate cancer, cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, leukemia, pancreatic cancer, lung cancer, breast cancer, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, colorectal cancer, and Hodgkin’s disease.
Granulocyte -Colony- Stimulating Factor (G-CSF) to be Highly Attractive Segment
- In terms of treatment, the global congenital neutropenia treatment market can be classified into antibiotics, granulocyte -colony- stimulating factor (G-CSF), and antifungal drugs
- The granulocyte -colony- stimulating factor (G-CSF) segment is expected to account for a major share of the global congenital neutropenia treatment market by 2030, owing to a rise in the utilization of granulocyte -colony- stimulating factor agents in stimulating the creation of granulocyte
Hospital Pharmacies to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on distribution channel, the global congenital neutropenia treatment market can be categorized into retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, online pharmacies, and others
- The hospitals segment is anticipated to account for a major share of the market in the next few years due to a rise in the number of cancer treatment in hospitals
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Congenital Neutropenia Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global congenital neutropenia treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for a significant share of the global market in 2019 owing to favorable healthcare infrastructure, high per capita income, and high rate of adoption of advanced surgeries in the region
- The region’s dominance is further attributed to an increase in the demand for therapeutic needs for febrile neutropenia and execution of new regulations for the commercialization and development of biosimilars
- The neutropenia treatment market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during forecast period, due to a rise in the prevalence of different forms of cancer and increase in healthcare awareness
Key Players Operating in Global Congenital Neutropenia Treatment Market
The global congenital neutropenia treatment market is semi-consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global congenital neutropenia treatment market are:
- Baxter International
- Teva Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
- Biogenomics Limited
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratory Ltd.
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Global Congenital Neutropenia Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Congenital Neutropenia Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Granulocyte -Colony- Stimulating Factor (G-CSF)
- Antifungal Drugs
Global Congenital Neutropenia Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.