Congenital Neutropenia Treatment: Introduction
- Congenital neutropenia occurs when an individual has low levels of neutrophils, a type of white blood cells. Neutrophils are made in the bone marrow, which is the spongy tissue found in larger bones such as the vertebrae, ribs, and pelvis.
- White blood cells support the body in fighting infections. Neutrophils fight against infection by demolishing harmful fungi, yeast, and bacteria that attack the body. People with congenital neutropenia have a higher risk of developing serious infections. Half of the individuals with cancer who receive chemotherapy develop some level of neutropenia. Neutropenia is a common side-effect in people living with leukemia.
Key Drivers of Global Congenital Neutropenia Treatment Market
- The global congenital neutropenia treatment market is anticipated to expand rapidly in the near few years. Introduction of novel therapies and increase in the cases of chemotherapy-induced neutropenia are likely to be major drivers of the congenital neutropenia treatment market. Cancer is a known cause for developing neutropenia.
- A rise in the cases of chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer is projected to boost the congenital neutropenia treatment market. Cancer is among the top five causes of death across all age groups around the world.
- In 2014, about 1.6 million new cases of cancer were registered in the U.S., and approximately 600,000 individuals died due to the disease. The most common cancers are prostate cancer, cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, leukemia, pancreatic cancer, lung cancer, breast cancer, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, colorectal cancer, and Hodgkin’s disease.
Granulocyte -Colony- Stimulating Factor (G-CSF) to be Highly Attractive Segment
- In terms of treatment, the global congenital neutropenia treatment market can be classified into antibiotics, granulocyte -colony- stimulating factor (G-CSF), and antifungal drugs
- The granulocyte -colony- stimulating factor (G-CSF) segment is expected to account for a major share of the global congenital neutropenia treatment market by 2030, owing to a rise in the utilization of granulocyte -colony- stimulating factor agents in stimulating the creation of granulocyte
Hospital Pharmacies to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on distribution channel, the global congenital neutropenia treatment market can be categorized into retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, online pharmacies, and others
- The hospitals segment is anticipated to account for a major share of the market in the next few years due to a rise in the number of cancer treatment in hospitals
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Congenital Neutropenia Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global congenital neutropenia treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for a significant share of the global market in 2019 owing to favorable healthcare infrastructure, high per capita income, and high rate of adoption of advanced surgeries in the region
- The region’s dominance is further attributed to an increase in the demand for therapeutic needs for febrile neutropenia and execution of new regulations for the commercialization and development of biosimilars
- The neutropenia treatment market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during forecast period, due to a rise in the prevalence of different forms of cancer and increase in healthcare awareness
Key Players Operating in Global Congenital Neutropenia Treatment Market
The global congenital neutropenia treatment market is semi-consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global congenital neutropenia treatment market are:
- Baxter International
- Teva Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
- Biogenomics Limited
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratory Ltd.
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Global Congenital Neutropenia Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Congenital Neutropenia Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Granulocyte -Colony- Stimulating Factor (G-CSF)
- Antifungal Drugs
Global Congenital Neutropenia Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.