Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market: Introduction
- Congenital heart disease is a structural heart issue existing at the time of birth. It is one of the most common types of birth defects across the globe.
- In congenital heart disease, structure of the heart is developed abnormally. This includes defective heart valves, weak heart valves, and poor thickness of the heart arteries and veins. The abnormal heart structure leads to several complications such as low blood flow through the heart, blood flow in a wrong direction, and blockage of blood flow.
- Congenital heart disease can be diagnosed through physical examination and special heart tests. It can also be diagnosed during pregnancy.
- Common symptoms of congenital heart disease include poor blood circulation, rapid breathing, cyanosis, and fatigue. Most patients with the congenital heart disease show very less or no symptoms at early stages of the disease.
- The treatment of congenital heart disease includes use of drugs, catheter procedure, surgery, and heart transplant
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market Report
Global Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market: Key Drivers
- The global congenital heart disease treatment market is primarily driven by rise in the rate of incidence of congenital heart disease and launch of new products across the globe. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that one million children and one million adults in the U.S. are living with congenital heart disease currently.
- Also, advancements in early diagnosis of congenital heart disease and availability of new therapeutic drugs are likely to fuel the global congenital heart disease treatment market during the forecast period
- The family history of congenital heart disease and presence of underlying medical conditions, such as rubella, Type-1 diabetes, and Type-2 diabetes, during pregnancy increase chances of developing congenital heart disease in babies
ACE Inhibitors Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on drug class, the global congenital heart disease treatment market can be divided into angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACE inhibitors), angiotensin receptor blockers, antiarrhythmics, anticoagulants, antiplatelets, beta blockers, bosentan, digoxin, diuretics, sildenafil, and warfarin. The ACE inhibitors segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- ACE inhibitors are most commonly used for the treatment of high blood pressure and congestive heart failure. The most commonly prescribed ACE inhibitors are captopril, enalapril, lisinopril, ramipril, and trandolapril.
Retail Pharmacy Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of distribution channel, the global congenital heart disease treatment market can be segmented into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, and online pharmacy. The retail pharmacy segment is projected to dominate the global congenital heart disease treatment market during the forecast period.
- Easy availability of drugs for the treatment of congenital heart disease at retail pharmacy stores, presence of a large number of retail pharmacy stores across the globe, and rapidly growing number of retail pharmacy chains are factors responsible for the leading share of the retail pharmacy segment
Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global congenital heart disease treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by 2027.
- High prevalence of congenital heart disease among people in the U.S., technological advancements in early diagnosis of the disease, and increase in awareness about congenital heart disease in the region are projected to drive the market in North America from 2019 to 2027
- The congenital heart disease treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapid increase in the number of patients with congenital heart disease, high prevalence of diabetes in densely populated countries such as India, China, and South Korea, and rapidly improving health care infrastructure in the region
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global congenital heart disease treatment market is highly fragmented, with a large number of global players accounting for a major share of the market in respective regions. Key players operating in the global congenital heart disease treatment market are:
- Novartis AG
- Bayer AG
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Pfizer Inc.
- Amgen Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Orion Corporation
- Cardiorentis Ag
Global Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market, by Drug Class
- Angiotensin-converting Enzyme Inhibitors (ACE Inhibitors)
- Angiotensin Receptor Blockers
- Beta Blockers
Global Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
Global Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.