Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market: Introduction
- Congenital heart disease is a structural heart issue existing at the time of birth. It is one of the most common types of birth defects across the globe.
- In congenital heart disease, structure of the heart is developed abnormally. This includes defective heart valves, weak heart valves, and poor thickness of the heart arteries and veins. The abnormal heart structure leads to several complications such as low blood flow through the heart, blood flow in a wrong direction, and blockage of blood flow.
- Congenital heart disease can be diagnosed through physical examination and special heart tests. It can also be diagnosed during pregnancy.
- Common symptoms of congenital heart disease include poor blood circulation, rapid breathing, cyanosis, and fatigue. Most patients with the congenital heart disease show very less or no symptoms at early stages of the disease.
- The treatment of congenital heart disease includes use of drugs, catheter procedure, surgery, and heart transplant
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market Report
Global Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market: Key Drivers
- The global congenital heart disease treatment market is primarily driven by rise in the rate of incidence of congenital heart disease and launch of new products across the globe. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that one million children and one million adults in the U.S. are living with congenital heart disease currently.
- Also, advancements in early diagnosis of congenital heart disease and availability of new therapeutic drugs are likely to fuel the global congenital heart disease treatment market during the forecast period
- The family history of congenital heart disease and presence of underlying medical conditions, such as rubella, Type-1 diabetes, and Type-2 diabetes, during pregnancy increase chances of developing congenital heart disease in babies
ACE Inhibitors Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on drug class, the global congenital heart disease treatment market can be divided into angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACE inhibitors), angiotensin receptor blockers, antiarrhythmics, anticoagulants, antiplatelets, beta blockers, bosentan, digoxin, diuretics, sildenafil, and warfarin. The ACE inhibitors segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- ACE inhibitors are most commonly used for the treatment of high blood pressure and congestive heart failure. The most commonly prescribed ACE inhibitors are captopril, enalapril, lisinopril, ramipril, and trandolapril.
Retail Pharmacy Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of distribution channel, the global congenital heart disease treatment market can be segmented into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, and online pharmacy. The retail pharmacy segment is projected to dominate the global congenital heart disease treatment market during the forecast period.
- Easy availability of drugs for the treatment of congenital heart disease at retail pharmacy stores, presence of a large number of retail pharmacy stores across the globe, and rapidly growing number of retail pharmacy chains are factors responsible for the leading share of the retail pharmacy segment
Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global congenital heart disease treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by 2027.
- High prevalence of congenital heart disease among people in the U.S., technological advancements in early diagnosis of the disease, and increase in awareness about congenital heart disease in the region are projected to drive the market in North America from 2019 to 2027
- The congenital heart disease treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapid increase in the number of patients with congenital heart disease, high prevalence of diabetes in densely populated countries such as India, China, and South Korea, and rapidly improving health care infrastructure in the region
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global congenital heart disease treatment market is highly fragmented, with a large number of global players accounting for a major share of the market in respective regions. Key players operating in the global congenital heart disease treatment market are:
- Novartis AG
- Bayer AG
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Pfizer Inc.
- Amgen Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Orion Corporation
- Cardiorentis Ag
Global Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market, by Drug Class
- Angiotensin-converting Enzyme Inhibitors (ACE Inhibitors)
- Angiotensin Receptor Blockers
- Beta Blockers
Global Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
Global Congenital Heart Disease Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.