Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market: Introduction
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia refers to a group of genetic conditions that affect the adrenal glands leading to low levels of cortisol and high levels of male hormones called androgens, causing development of male characteristics in females, and early puberty in both boys and girls. The milder and more common form of congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) is called non-classic. The classic form, which is more severe, can be detected through newborn screening. Some forms of CAH can cause problems with normal growth and development in children and even be life-threatening.
- The global incidence of congenital adrenal hyperplasia in newborns is roughly 1 in 16,000 to 1 in 20,000 population. The incidence in the U.S. is around 1 in 16,000 to 1 in 18,000 population.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market
Government funding and support along with collaborative research with large pharmaceutical players is anticipated to boost the growth of the global market in the near future. In 2018, the International fund Raising for Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (IFCAH) launched eighth call for proposals, in association with ESPE.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market Report
Classic Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of type, the classic segment accounted for major market share in 2018. The segment is expected to grow at a steady pace during the forecast period. It is likely to be driven by rise in prevalence of classic congenital adrenal hyperplasia across the globe. Classic congenital adrenal hyperplasia is the most prevalent form of congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to 21-hydroxylase deficiency, which is responsible for roughly 95% of cases. Classic congenital adrenal hyperplasia is of two types: simple virilizing and salt wasting. Salt wasting form of congenital adrenal hyperplasia leads to symptoms such as dehydration and hypotension in the first few weeks of life and can be life-threatening. The salt wasting congenital adrenal hyperplasia accounts for 70% of the classic congenital adrenal hyperplasia cases.
Hospitals to Lead Global Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market
- The hospitals segment is likely to capture nearly half of the market share in terms of revenue by 2027. It is projected to be the most lucrative segment of the global congenital adrenal hyperplasia market during the forecast period. Governments are extending support and funding toward increasing the number of skilled surgeons. This in turn increases the number of hospitals offering surgeries and treatment for congenital adrenal hyperplasia. For instance, the International Fund Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (IFCAH) is a private fundraising organization that aims to promote academic research on congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
- Well-established hospitals and health care infrastructure are anticipated to cater to the rise in demand for congenital adrenal hyperplasia treatment in North America during the forecast period. Developed countries are considered hubs for safe and effective surgeries. This perception will create opportunities in the congenital adrenal hyperplasia market in North America, followed by Europe. However, developing countries could present significant opportunities for investments and expansion for market players.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a potential market for congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to large patient pool and dense population. Growing medical tourism driven by government regulations favoring local players and relatively low surgery costs are likely to contribute to the lucrativeness of the congenital adrenal hyperplasia market in the region.
- However, high cost continues to hamper the growth of the congenital adrenal hyperplasia market in developed as well as developing countries. Financial lucidity of consumers has made them independent enough to spend out-of-the-pocket on their health. However, cost of these surgeries and treatments is high even after an insurance cover, which is preventing the market from realizing its full potential.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market
Pharmaceutical companies in the global congenital adrenal hyperplasia market are increasingly investing in the research & development on congenital adrenal hyperplasia drugs.
The global congenital adrenal hyperplasia market is moderately fragmented. Market players focus on strategic partnerships, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and product launches to increase market share. Leading companies operating in the global market are:
- Emerge Health
- Sentia Medical Sciences, Inc.
- Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.
- Millendo Therapeutics, Inc.
- Spruce Biosciences, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific ( Life Technologies Corporation)
- Adrenas Therapeutics, Inc.
- Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
Global Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market: Scope
Global Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market, by Type
- Classic Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Non-classic Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
Global Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market, by Treatment
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Salt Supplements
Global Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market, by End-user
Global Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.