Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market: Introduction
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia refers to a group of genetic conditions that affect the adrenal glands leading to low levels of cortisol and high levels of male hormones called androgens, causing development of male characteristics in females, and early puberty in both boys and girls. The milder and more common form of congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) is called non-classic. The classic form, which is more severe, can be detected through newborn screening. Some forms of CAH can cause problems with normal growth and development in children and even be life-threatening.
- The global incidence of congenital adrenal hyperplasia in newborns is roughly 1 in 16,000 to 1 in 20,000 population. The incidence in the U.S. is around 1 in 16,000 to 1 in 18,000 population.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market
Government funding and support along with collaborative research with large pharmaceutical players is anticipated to boost the growth of the global market in the near future. In 2018, the International fund Raising for Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (IFCAH) launched eighth call for proposals, in association with ESPE.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market Report
Classic Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of type, the classic segment accounted for major market share in 2018. The segment is expected to grow at a steady pace during the forecast period. It is likely to be driven by rise in prevalence of classic congenital adrenal hyperplasia across the globe. Classic congenital adrenal hyperplasia is the most prevalent form of congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to 21-hydroxylase deficiency, which is responsible for roughly 95% of cases. Classic congenital adrenal hyperplasia is of two types: simple virilizing and salt wasting. Salt wasting form of congenital adrenal hyperplasia leads to symptoms such as dehydration and hypotension in the first few weeks of life and can be life-threatening. The salt wasting congenital adrenal hyperplasia accounts for 70% of the classic congenital adrenal hyperplasia cases.
Hospitals to Lead Global Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market
- The hospitals segment is likely to capture nearly half of the market share in terms of revenue by 2027. It is projected to be the most lucrative segment of the global congenital adrenal hyperplasia market during the forecast period. Governments are extending support and funding toward increasing the number of skilled surgeons. This in turn increases the number of hospitals offering surgeries and treatment for congenital adrenal hyperplasia. For instance, the International Fund Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (IFCAH) is a private fundraising organization that aims to promote academic research on congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
- Well-established hospitals and health care infrastructure are anticipated to cater to the rise in demand for congenital adrenal hyperplasia treatment in North America during the forecast period. Developed countries are considered hubs for safe and effective surgeries. This perception will create opportunities in the congenital adrenal hyperplasia market in North America, followed by Europe. However, developing countries could present significant opportunities for investments and expansion for market players.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a potential market for congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to large patient pool and dense population. Growing medical tourism driven by government regulations favoring local players and relatively low surgery costs are likely to contribute to the lucrativeness of the congenital adrenal hyperplasia market in the region.
- However, high cost continues to hamper the growth of the congenital adrenal hyperplasia market in developed as well as developing countries. Financial lucidity of consumers has made them independent enough to spend out-of-the-pocket on their health. However, cost of these surgeries and treatments is high even after an insurance cover, which is preventing the market from realizing its full potential.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market
Pharmaceutical companies in the global congenital adrenal hyperplasia market are increasingly investing in the research & development on congenital adrenal hyperplasia drugs.
The global congenital adrenal hyperplasia market is moderately fragmented. Market players focus on strategic partnerships, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and product launches to increase market share. Leading companies operating in the global market are:
- Emerge Health
- Sentia Medical Sciences, Inc.
- Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.
- Millendo Therapeutics, Inc.
- Spruce Biosciences, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific ( Life Technologies Corporation)
- Adrenas Therapeutics, Inc.
- Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
Global Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market: Scope
Global Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market, by Type
- Classic Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Non-classic Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
Global Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market, by Treatment
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Salt Supplements
Global Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market, by End-user
Global Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.