Cone-rod Dystrophy: Introduction
- Cone-rod dystrophy is a heterogeneous group of inherited retinal diseases characterized by cone photoreceptor degeneration, which could be followed by subsequent rod photoreceptor loss. These disorders typically present with progressive loss of central vision, color vision disturbance, and photophobia.
- Cone photoreceptor cells are present throughout the retina, but are concentrated in the central region (the macula). These are useful for central (reading) vision. Rod photoreceptor cells are present throughout the retina, except for the very center, and help with night vision.
- During the initial stages of the onset of disease, which typically occurs from childhood itself, a patient experiences difficulty with vision clarity, problems with color vision, and light sensitivity. As the disease progresses, blind spots in the field of vision can occur. These symptoms occur due to the progressive deterioration of cone photoreceptor cells. This is followed by a progressive loss of rod photoreceptor cells, which leads to a loss of side vision and night blindness.
- Cone-rod dystrophy is a genetically inherited disorder. Multiple genes can cause cone-rod dystrophies. Genes linked with this condition include ABCA4, CRX, GUCY2D, and RPGR.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Cone-rod Dystrophy Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Cone-rod Dystrophy Treatment Market
- Cone-rod dystrophy is a progressive disease. Diabetes is one of the major risk factors for cone-rod dystrophy. Rapid rise in the global diabetic population is anticipated to boost the growth of the global cone-rod dystrophy treatment market. High blood glucose can lead to diabetic retinopathy, in which the retinal blood vessels are damaged. This can accelerate the disease progression.
- Progression of eye disorders is faster in a diabetic person than in a non-diabetic. Lifestyle changes have led to an increase in the diabetes population, which in turn has driven the incidence of cone-rod dystrophy.
- Gene replacement therapy involves replacing a mutated gene, which causes the disease, with a healthy gene. It is a technique used to treat or prevent a particular disease caused by genetic mutation. In eye disorders such as cone-rod dystrophy and glaucoma, gene replacement therapy is used to improve visual capability in inherited retina disease. Gene replacement therapy and gene knockdown are presently being explored in inherited eye disorders by reversing the mutation.
- However, lack of disease awareness leading to slow or late diagnosis of patients in developing and under-developed countries is anticipated to hamper market growth during the forecast period
Surgery to Lead Global Market
- The global cone-rod dystrophy treatment market can be segmented based on treatment type, application, end-user, and region
- In terms of treatment type, the global market can be classified into gene therapy, stem cell therapy, surgery for retinal implants, and supportive therapies such as beta-carotenoids, lutein and zeaxanthin supplements, tinted lenses/ dark sunglasses, etc.
- Based on end-user, the global cone-rod dystrophy treatment market can be categorized into hospitals, ophthalmic centers, and research organizations & academic institutes
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Cone-rod Dystrophy Treatment Market” here
Asia Pacific to be Lucrative Market for Cone-rod Dystrophy Treatment
- The global cone-rod dystrophy treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Rapid economic development in India, China, Brazil, South Africa, and other countries in Asia and Latin America has increased the disposable income of people, thereby enhancing their purchasing power of health care services. Moreover, development of health care infrastructure and increase in medical expenditure by governments of these countries would contribute to the growth of the cone-rod dystrophy treatment market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Cone-rod Dystrophy Treatment Market
Leading players in the global cone-rod dystrophy treatment market include:
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Johnson & Johnson
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Abbott Laboratories
Global Cone-rod Dystrophy Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Cone-rod Dystrophy Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Gene Therapy
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Surgery For Retinal Implants
- Supportive Therapies
Global Cone-rod Dystrophy Treatment Market, by End-user
- Ophthalmic Centers
- Research Organizations & Academic Institutes
Global Cone-rod Dystrophy Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.