Condenser Microphones Market: Introduction
- Condenser microphones, also called capacitor microphones, act like capacitors when to two conducting plates are in close proximity and the change in distance between them changes the voltage induced
- Similarly in condenser microphones, two plates are present; one is called back plate and other is called diaphragm. Back plate is majorly made of brass and the diaphragm is made of very light weight metal; they together form a capacitor-like structure.
- When the sound wave is bounced on the diaphragm, it moves back and forth; thus causing voltage variation across the capacitor. This electrical signal is recorded, which replicates the original sound waves.
Rise in demand in Studio Recording.
- Condenser microphones are majorly preferred for high quality of audio recording such as studio recording. High sensitivity of condenser microphones makes them suitable for acoustic instruments and vocals sound recording.
- Their clear crisp and detailed sound quality makes them highly popular in the microphone segment
- Condenser microphones are expected increase their share in the microphone market, owing to expansion of the infotainment industry. The condenser microphone market is majorly driven by studio business. Increase in popularity of live streaming, blogging, and various recoding featured devices is also boosting the condenser microphone market.
- Capability of condenser microphones to capture high frequency, flat frequency response, and extended frequency ranges is also expected to increase its share in other applications
North America to Hold Largest Market Share
- The market in North America is estimated to expand considerably during the forecast period; the region accounts for a prominent share of the global market among all regions. Technically advanced industry in the U.S. is major factor driving the condenser microphone market in the region. Presence of major players in the region is also a key factor propelling the condenser microphone market.
- Europe accounts for the second-largest share of the global market owing to the presence of an advanced industry and rich consumer base in region. These are major factors boosting the condenser microphone market.
- The market in Asia Pacific is also estimated to expand at a robust pace during the forecast period, owing to robust expansion witnessed in Japan, China, and Australia
Key Players in Condenser Microphones Market
Several key players operating in the global condenser microphones market include:
- Blue Microphones
- CAD Audio
Global Condenser Microphones Market
Global Condenser Microphones Market, by Type
- Large-Diaphragm Condenser
- Small-Diaphragm Condenser
Global Condenser Microphones Market, by Application
- Telephone transmitters
- karaoke microphones
- High-fidelity recording microphones
Global Condenser Microphones Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America