Technological improvements in anesthesiology are well known. These techniques are primarily used to enhance the patient’s safety. Over the years of improvements in pharmaceuticals that followed shorter microprocessor technology and clinical half-lives, which persisted into improvements of current ideas of targeted-control infusion (TCI), computer-controlled delivery systems, closed-loop (CL) anesthesia devices moved from theoretical opportunities into clinically proven relevant systems. The rapid adoption of capnonography and oximetry are two classic examples of early adoption of technology by the medical community. Formation of the Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation (APSF) indicates experts’ commitment in both terms: technological advancements and patient welfare.
Procedural sedation is one of the essential parts of surgery or any clinical setting of health care, as it is directly related to improvement in the quality of procedures. This also includes managing the patient’s procedural anxiety, fear, and pain. Traditional procedural sedatives given to patients include a benzodiazepine in combination with an opioid. Though these sedatives do not have much drawbacks, some of them have really longer recovery times and a very few of them are difficult to handle during intra-procedural titration. For the last few years, usage of propofol for sedation has been increasing. In some of the developed regions/countries such as the U.S. and Europe, propofol is a highly preferred sedative agent due to its rapid onset and offset activity. It also offers better recovery time and ease of handling during intra-procedural titration. For example, Sedasys is a propofol delivery system that has been specifically designed for attaining moderate sedation in healthy patients. Generally, this system is used for routine endoscopic surgical procedures performed by gastroenterologists and guided by endoscopy experts. Sedasys is the first medical device approved by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) in the category known as Computer-assisted Personalized Sedation (CAPS). The move is seen as a global trend that supports improvement in safety and quality of the sedation practiced by non-anesthesia professionals. A CAPS device has well-equipped monitoring package equally supported by a smart alarm system that can quickly stop the drug delivery if a hostile event in patient physiology occurs during surgery.
The global computer-assisted personalized sedation systems market is expected to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years. Some of the factors driving this market are increase in the demand for surgeries and sharp rise in geriatric population. For example, according to a WHO report, the population of the U.S. would increase by 17% by 2020. Increase in the global elderly population would be directly proportional to the rise in demand for surgical services. Health care professionals and precisely, surgeons need to develop and adopt new strategies without compromising on safety and quality of the service. This scenario would drive the global computer-assisted personalized sedation systems market in the next few years. Additionally, rise in the prevalence of chronic and acute infections and in the number of road accidents is another factor augmenting the global computer-assisted personalized sedation systems market. On the other hand, high cost of devices, lack of reimbursement policies in developing regions, lack of awareness about new advancements in technology, and shortage of skilled professionals are some of the factors that may restrain the global computer-assisted personalized sedation systems market during the forecast period.
Based on region, the global computer-assisted personalized sedation systems market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The market in North America is estimated to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years, owing to well-developed health care systems, proper reimbursement scenario, and adoption of new and advanced techniques. North America is projected to be followed by Europe and Asia Pacific during the forecast period. Presence of key players, increase in investments in research and development activities by leading players, and alliance of key players with research institutes are some of the factors driving the global computer-assisted personalized sedation systems market.
Some of the major players operating in the global computer-assisted personalized sedation systems market are Johnson & Johnson, Roche Ag, and Pfizer.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.