Compression Devices: Introduction
- Compression therapy is a medical procedure in which external pressure is applied to the skin and underlying structure (organ) to promote normal flow of venous blood in the body. Compression therapy is recognized as a gold standard for the treatment of lymphedema, chronic venous insufficiency, and deep vein thrombosis as it is easy-to-use, safe, and provides effective treatment in a short time span.
- Compression therapy is the primary intervention for prevention and management of venous hypertension, venous edema, and venous leg ulcers. The therapy increases venous and lymphatic fluid in the limb with the utilization of an external force.
- In addition, rapidly increasing lymphedema and deep vein thrombosis cases would boost global demand for compression devices. However, lack of favorable reimbursement and transmission of post-operative infection associated with compression devices are likely to restrict market growth during the forecast period.
- Technological advancements coupled with increase in demand for better healthcare facilities are expected to trigger the growth of the global compression devices market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Compression Devices Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Compression Devices Market
- Rising Sports Injuries Boost Demand for Compression Devices Market
- Compression devices are frequently used by athletes and sports persons as these reduce muscle pain, increase mobility, and enhance athletic performance. The most common causes of sports injuries are competitive, recreational, or obligatory (physical education) activities.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), high school athletes alone account for 2 million injuries, 50,000 doctor visits, and 30,000 hospitalizations in the U.S. each year
- Ankle joint sprain, knee ligament injury, spinal straining, bone fracture, and shoulder sprain are commonly observed sports injuries among athletes in the U.S. Compression devices provide immediate and effective treatment for these sports injuries.
- Hence, health care professionals (chiropractors and physiotherapists) extensively utilize these products for both amateur and professional sport patients and their regular clinic patients. Therefore, increasing number of sports injuries and growing preference by health care professionals are anticipated to increase the demand for compression devices during the forecast period.
- Lack of Favorable Reimbursement Policies Restricts Market Growth
- Unfavorable reimbursement policies have played a crucial role in the compression devices market in the past few years. The treatment of vascular diseases with compression devices is expensive and requires large amount of money for follow-ups and monitoring of treatment.
- Hence, reimbursement is considered as an essential aspect of the treatment. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) provides reimbursement only to patients who have undergone a four-week trial of conservative therapy before opting for intermittent pump.
- Moreover, private insurers are adopting these reimbursement restrictions for compression devices to treat vascular disease. This factor is more prominent in developing countries such as India, China, Brazil, and Mexico due to low affordability to purchase highly expensive brand new compression devices. Thus, unfavorable reimbursement policies would restrain market growth during the forecast period.
Intermittent Compression Devices Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of application, the global compression devices market can be classified into pain control, lymphedema, deep vein thrombosis, and others
- Based on product type, the global compression devices market can be categorized into intermittent compression devices, sequential compression devices, and others
- Based on end-user, the global compression devices market can be divided into hospitals, rehabilitation centers, and others.
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Compression Devices Market” here
North America to Dominate Global Compression Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global compression devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to dominate the market for compression devices. Increasing prevalence of vascular diseases such as venous ulcers, lymphedema, and deep vein thrombosis; and rising demand for various advanced compression devices propel the market in the region.
- Europe comprises major countries such as Germany, France, the U.K., Spain, and Italy, along with other countries. The geriatric population is more prone to venous disease due to reduced immunity and longer stay in hospitals, as wound healing is slow in elderly people. The European Commission (Eurostat) has estimated that the geriatric population in Europe would reach 525 million by 2035. The British Geriatric Society stated that apart from the geriatric population, a number of medical conditions such as diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease are also associated with cardiovascular disease.
- This large and increasing elderly population would contribute significantly to the number of surgeries performed due to their higher susceptibility to various chronic as well as acute disorders. Hence, increasing geriatric population boosts the demand for compression devices in Europe.
Leading Players Operating in Global Compression Devices Market
The global compression devices market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global compression devices market are:
- Getinge AB
- Bio Compression Systems, Inc.
- BSN medical
- Terumo Corporation
- Teleflex Incorporated
Global Compression Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Compression Devices Market, by Application
- Pain Control
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Global Compression Devices Market, by Product Type
- Intermittent Compression Devices
- Sequential Compression Devices
Global Compression Devices Market, by End-user
- Rehabilitation Centers
Global Compression Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.