Compound Feed Ingredients Market: Feed Ingredients Improve Meat Yield
- Compound feed ingredients or feed ingredients present in compound animal feed help improve the nutritional value of animal feed. The compound animal feed is palatable and is considered a good source of nutrients.
- Compound feed ingredients can be consumed by animals of different categories such as growing, adult, milk producing, and pregnant. Commonly used compound feed ingredients include grains, brans, protein, minerals, and vitamins.
- Grains are one of the highly preferred cattle feed, as they possess high nutritional content such as proteins, minerals, vitamins, carbohydrates, and fibers
- Proper intake of compound feed ingredients helps maintain animal health and promotes the improved yield of milk, which is rich in fat and protein
- Based on type, the compound feed ingredients market can be classified into grain, bran, mineral, vitamin, and others such as fat & oil and agro-industrial byproducts. Common applications of compound feed ingredients include swine feed, poultry feed, aquaculture feed, cattle feed, and other animal feed such as rabbit feed and horse feed. Compound animal feed is considered a source of concentrate supplements. It is available in the form of mash, pellets, crumbles, and cubes.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Compound Feed Ingredients Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Rise in Consumption of Livestock and Animal Derived Products to Bolster Market
- Global consumption of animal products has been increasing steadily. This is boosting the demand for compound feed ingredients market.
- Livestock production, which accounts for significant percentage share of total agricultural production in China, has been rising at a rapid pace due to the substantial growth of pig and poultry industries
- Increase in consumption of meat, milk, and dairy products is estimated to boost the demand for compound feed ingredients. In developed regions such as Europe and North America, per capita consumption growth of meat is on the rise, due to the increase in demand for poultry meat.
- Global production and consumption of meat has increased by around 20% in the last 10 years. This growth can be ascribed to the rise in demand for meat products such as pork, poultry, beef, and mutton.
- Globalization, cultural shift, increasing disposable income and rise in human population are the various other factors triggering the demand for meat & dairy products and hence, animal feed ingredients market.
Lucrative Opportunities to Improve Yield of Milk and Dairy Products
- Incorporation of animal feed ingredients in compound feed in order to improve the yield of milk is likely to offer promising growth opportunities to the compound feed ingredients market.
- Addition of feed ingredients is also anticipated to improve the overall health of animals, thus improving the milk yield
- Milk and dairy products play an important role in a healthy and balanced diet for humans. The industry is considered one of the key agricultural segment in the emerging economies of the Asia Pacific region.
- Rise in per capita consumption of milk and dairy products in developing countries and increase in production of milk and dairy products in Southeast Asian countries are anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities for the global compound feed ingredients market.
Mycotoxin Contamination of Compound Feed Ingredients to Hamper Market
- Compound feed ingredients such as grains and brans are susceptible to fungal attack caused by the presence of mycotoxins. Presence of mycotoxins in feed grains or ingredients can cause illness or death in livestock.
- Dust emitted while handling contaminated compound feed ingredients may also contain mycotoxins. This poses a health threat to individuals exposed to these contaminants.
- The U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends an action level of 0.5 parts per billion of mycotoxins in food other than milk
- Presence of a commonly found mycotoxin known as aflatoxin in compound feed ingredients can lead to poor animal reproduction, growth suppression, and eventually animal death. Therefore, mycotoxin contamination of compound feed ingredients is likely to hamper the market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Compound Feed Ingredients Market here
Asia Pacific Projected to Hold Significant Share of Global Compound Feed Ingredients Market
- In terms of region, the global compound feed ingredients market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to account for prominent share of the global compound feed ingredients market during the forecast period owing to the rise in demand for meat including pork, poultry, beef, and mutton
- Significant presence of animal feed manufacturers as well as expansion in the agriculture sector in Southeast Asia are anticipated to boost the consumption of compound feed ingredients in Asia Pacific
Key Players in Compound Feed Ingredients Market
The global compound feed ingredients market is moderately fragmented, with the top manufacturers accounting for major share. Prominent players operating in the global compound feed ingredients market seek to enter into partnerships for the development and manufacture of compound feed ingredients. In 2019, the animal nutrition and health division of Royal DSM announced that the company launched Balancius, a new poultry feed ingredient for improving the gastrointestinal functionality of the poultry.
Key players operating in the compound feed ingredients market include:
- ADM Animal Nutrition,
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc
- Nutraferma, Inc.
- CHS Inc
- HAMLET PROTEIN
- Calysta, Inc.
- Royal DSM
- Titan Biotech.
- CropEnergies AG
- A. Costantino & C. spa
- GFR Ingredients Ltd.
- Evershining Ingredient Co., Ltd.
- Imcopa Food Ingredients B.V.
Global Compound Feed Ingredients Market: Research Scope
Global Compound Feed Ingredients Market, by Type
- Other (including Fat/Oil and Agro-Industrial By-products)
Global Compound Feed Ingredients Market, by Form
Global Compound Feed Ingredients Market, by Application
- Swine Feed
- Poultry Feed
- Aquaculture Feed
- Cattle Feed
- Others (Including Rabbit Feed and Horse Feed)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.