Communicable Diseases Treatment Market: Introduction
- Communicable or infectious diseases are most commonly caused by infectious agents such as bacteria, fungi or parasites, and viruses. Moreover, some communicable diseases are spread through air, food or beverage contamination, surface contamination, and blood or bodily fluids. Furthermore, a bite from an infected animal could cause infectious disease.
- Hepatitis A, B, and C, blood-borne illnesses, measles, and HIV are some examples of communicable diseases
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market
- Increase in incidence of infectious diseases such as diphtheria, hepatitis, and Lyme disease is anticipated to boost the growth of the global communicable diseases treatment market. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an estimated 0.62 and 1.03 new cases of communicable disease per 100,000 population were recorded in the U.S. in 2016 and 2017, respectively.
- Moreover, rise in awareness and government initiatives to keep the nation safe from diseases are projected to fuel the growth of the global market. For instance, the National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD), established in 1909 in India, offers a Regional Training Program on the Prevention and Control of Communicable Diseases. The program is conducted once a year and is aimed at augmenting the capacity to understand diseases dynamics.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Communicable Diseases Treatment Market Report
- Overuse of antibiotics leads to microbial resistance. Hence, introduction of new treatments and products is likely propel the global market. Industry players are engaged in the development of new products and investing in research & development. For instance, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. is one of the leading players operating in the market that maintains an active research and development program to address unmet medical needs in the prevention and treatment of infectious disease.
- Furthermore, strong pipeline for infectious diseases is anticipated to drive the global communicable diseases treatment market. According to the World Health Organization, an estimated 436 candidate products were in pipeline in 2018, of these 214 are vaccines, 90 are diagnostics, and 80 are medicines.
- Rise in prevalence & awareness about infectious diseases and government initiatives in developing countries present lucrative opportunities in the global market. For instance, Nepal and India entered into cross-border agreement for communicable diseases in order to promote information sharing, annual high level talks, and disease-specific technical working groups.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market
- North America is expected to account for major share of the global communicable diseases treatment market due to high prevalence of infectious diseases among the population. According to Annual Communicable Diseases Report (2018), an estimated 442 and 277 cases of hepatitis C and hepatitis A, respectively, were recorded in Montgomery County, the U.S.
- The communicable diseases treatment market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to rise in awareness and increase in cases of communicable diseases. According to OECD, in 2014, the incidence rate of airborne tuberculosis was 18 cases per 100,000 in Japan.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Communicable Diseases Treatment Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market
The global communicable diseases treatment market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions. Demand for communicable disease treatment products has increased in emerging as well as developed markets owing to rise in prevalence of infectious diseases. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market. For instance, in September 2018, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH announced collaboration with the Tsinghua University for research and development of immunological therapies for infectious diseases.
Major players operating in the global communicable diseases treatment market are:
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals (Johnson & Johnson)
- Novartis AG
- Merck & Co., Inc. (Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp)
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Bayer AG
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Jiangsu Simcere Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market, by Type
Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market, by Mode of Transmission
- Direct Contact
- Person-to-person Contact
- Droplet Spread
- Indirect Contact
- Airborne Transmission
- Contaminated Objects
- Food & Drinking Water
Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market, by Infectious Agent
Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market, by Indication
- Hepatitis B/C
Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.