Communicable Diseases Treatment Market: Introduction
- Communicable or infectious diseases are most commonly caused by infectious agents such as bacteria, fungi or parasites, and viruses. Moreover, some communicable diseases are spread through air, food or beverage contamination, surface contamination, and blood or bodily fluids. Furthermore, a bite from an infected animal could cause infectious disease.
- Hepatitis A, B, and C, blood-borne illnesses, measles, and HIV are some examples of communicable diseases
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market
- Increase in incidence of infectious diseases such as diphtheria, hepatitis, and Lyme disease is anticipated to boost the growth of the global communicable diseases treatment market. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an estimated 0.62 and 1.03 new cases of communicable disease per 100,000 population were recorded in the U.S. in 2016 and 2017, respectively.
- Moreover, rise in awareness and government initiatives to keep the nation safe from diseases are projected to fuel the growth of the global market. For instance, the National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD), established in 1909 in India, offers a Regional Training Program on the Prevention and Control of Communicable Diseases. The program is conducted once a year and is aimed at augmenting the capacity to understand diseases dynamics.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Communicable Diseases Treatment Market Report
- Overuse of antibiotics leads to microbial resistance. Hence, introduction of new treatments and products is likely propel the global market. Industry players are engaged in the development of new products and investing in research & development. For instance, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. is one of the leading players operating in the market that maintains an active research and development program to address unmet medical needs in the prevention and treatment of infectious disease.
- Furthermore, strong pipeline for infectious diseases is anticipated to drive the global communicable diseases treatment market. According to the World Health Organization, an estimated 436 candidate products were in pipeline in 2018, of these 214 are vaccines, 90 are diagnostics, and 80 are medicines.
- Rise in prevalence & awareness about infectious diseases and government initiatives in developing countries present lucrative opportunities in the global market. For instance, Nepal and India entered into cross-border agreement for communicable diseases in order to promote information sharing, annual high level talks, and disease-specific technical working groups.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market
- North America is expected to account for major share of the global communicable diseases treatment market due to high prevalence of infectious diseases among the population. According to Annual Communicable Diseases Report (2018), an estimated 442 and 277 cases of hepatitis C and hepatitis A, respectively, were recorded in Montgomery County, the U.S.
- The communicable diseases treatment market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to rise in awareness and increase in cases of communicable diseases. According to OECD, in 2014, the incidence rate of airborne tuberculosis was 18 cases per 100,000 in Japan.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Communicable Diseases Treatment Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market
The global communicable diseases treatment market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions. Demand for communicable disease treatment products has increased in emerging as well as developed markets owing to rise in prevalence of infectious diseases. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market. For instance, in September 2018, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH announced collaboration with the Tsinghua University for research and development of immunological therapies for infectious diseases.
Major players operating in the global communicable diseases treatment market are:
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals (Johnson & Johnson)
- Novartis AG
- Merck & Co., Inc. (Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp)
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Bayer AG
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Jiangsu Simcere Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market, by Type
Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market, by Mode of Transmission
- Direct Contact
- Person-to-person Contact
- Droplet Spread
- Indirect Contact
- Airborne Transmission
- Contaminated Objects
- Food & Drinking Water
Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market, by Infectious Agent
Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market, by Indication
- Hepatitis B/C
Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Communicable Diseases Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.