Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market: Introduction
- Coma is a condition, wherein the affected person is unconscious, unresponsive to stimuli, and cannot be woken. The condition primarily affects the brain and results from brain stroke or traumatic brain injuries. It can also be caused by brain infection or alcohol poisoning. Other factors responsible for coma include hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia. A comatose person has minimal brain activity and does not show signs of awareness. Health care professionals generally use Glasgow coma scale to measure the level of consciousness for the signs of improvement or deterioration in coma patients. Generally, coma patients are treated in intensive care units to ensure the condition is stable and breath & blood pressure are maintained while treating the underlying cause of the coma.
- Coma diagnosis and treatment help in monitoring a patient’s vital organ functions, while ensuring the treatment of the underlying cause of the condition. The treatment of coma includes checking of parameters such as blood cell count, carbon monoxide, electrolytes, drugs, glucose, and liver function. Apart from measuring these parameters, several other instruments are used to treat comatose patients including computerized tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ventilators, monitors, IV pumps, and electroencephalography (EEG). These devices play a significant role in mapping the brain structure and functioning to ascertain the cause of the coma, and help in providing uninterrupted treatment to the coma patients. The feeding tubes in ICU units are used to feed the patients who are unable to eat or drink. These tubes also provide artificial ventilation and drugs to patients.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market
- A number of treatments are available to improve coma conditions. However, very few rehabilitation treatments have conclusively shown to improve coma recovery. Majority of stroke survivors with motor impairment require unique neurorehabilitation treatments to maximize the quality of life, lessen long-term disability, and improve psychosocial outcomes. Several new therapies have emerged in the past few years that restore motor function after stroke; additional investigational treatments have also shown potential. The novel rehabilitation treatments for neurological conditions consist of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor medications, noninvasive brain stimulation, mirror therapy, constraint-induced movement therapy, and motor imagery or mental practice.
- The health care expenditure in emerging countries has increased significantly in the last two decades due to major factors such as rise in initiatives by governments to boost the health care industry, new & advanced products for coma patients, and surge in awareness about neurological disorders and stroke. This is one of the factors augmenting the coma diagnosis and treatment market in emerging countries during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global coma diagnosis and treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe are projected to account for significant shares of the global coma diagnosis and treatment market during the forecast period owing to developed health care infrastructure, better care facilities for coma patients, and increase in technological developments. According to the National Statistics Group, 25,000 adults and around 10,000 children in the U.S. are in coma presently. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. Increase in health care spending and improving health care infrastructure are likely to drive the coma diagnosis and treatment market in the region during the forecast period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market
Manufacturers in the global coma diagnosis and treatment market are increasingly investing in research & development of new and innovative techniques for screening and diagnosis. These players are also focused on offering highly efficient and reliable products.
Leading companies operating in the global coma diagnosis and treatment market are:
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Toshiba Medical Systems
- GE Healthcare
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Siemens Healthineers
- Carestream Health
- Hitachi Medical Corporation
- Philips Healthcare
- Shimadzu Corporation
Global Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market, by Diagnosis
- Electroencephalogram Devices
- ECG Devices
- CT Scans
- MRI Scans
- IV Pumps
- Blood Parameters Monitoring Devices
- Laboratory Tests
- Complete Blood Count
- Electrolytes, Glucose, Thyroid, Kidney, and Liver Function
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Drug Overdose
- Drug Treatment
Global Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market, by Age Group
Global Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.