Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market: Introduction
- Coma is a condition, wherein the affected person is unconscious, unresponsive to stimuli, and cannot be woken. The condition primarily affects the brain and results from brain stroke or traumatic brain injuries. It can also be caused by brain infection or alcohol poisoning. Other factors responsible for coma include hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia. A comatose person has minimal brain activity and does not show signs of awareness. Health care professionals generally use Glasgow coma scale to measure the level of consciousness for the signs of improvement or deterioration in coma patients. Generally, coma patients are treated in intensive care units to ensure the condition is stable and breath & blood pressure are maintained while treating the underlying cause of the coma.
- Coma diagnosis and treatment help in monitoring a patient’s vital organ functions, while ensuring the treatment of the underlying cause of the condition. The treatment of coma includes checking of parameters such as blood cell count, carbon monoxide, electrolytes, drugs, glucose, and liver function. Apart from measuring these parameters, several other instruments are used to treat comatose patients including computerized tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ventilators, monitors, IV pumps, and electroencephalography (EEG). These devices play a significant role in mapping the brain structure and functioning to ascertain the cause of the coma, and help in providing uninterrupted treatment to the coma patients. The feeding tubes in ICU units are used to feed the patients who are unable to eat or drink. These tubes also provide artificial ventilation and drugs to patients.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market
- A number of treatments are available to improve coma conditions. However, very few rehabilitation treatments have conclusively shown to improve coma recovery. Majority of stroke survivors with motor impairment require unique neurorehabilitation treatments to maximize the quality of life, lessen long-term disability, and improve psychosocial outcomes. Several new therapies have emerged in the past few years that restore motor function after stroke; additional investigational treatments have also shown potential. The novel rehabilitation treatments for neurological conditions consist of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor medications, noninvasive brain stimulation, mirror therapy, constraint-induced movement therapy, and motor imagery or mental practice.
- The health care expenditure in emerging countries has increased significantly in the last two decades due to major factors such as rise in initiatives by governments to boost the health care industry, new & advanced products for coma patients, and surge in awareness about neurological disorders and stroke. This is one of the factors augmenting the coma diagnosis and treatment market in emerging countries during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global coma diagnosis and treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe are projected to account for significant shares of the global coma diagnosis and treatment market during the forecast period owing to developed health care infrastructure, better care facilities for coma patients, and increase in technological developments. According to the National Statistics Group, 25,000 adults and around 10,000 children in the U.S. are in coma presently. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. Increase in health care spending and improving health care infrastructure are likely to drive the coma diagnosis and treatment market in the region during the forecast period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market
Manufacturers in the global coma diagnosis and treatment market are increasingly investing in research & development of new and innovative techniques for screening and diagnosis. These players are also focused on offering highly efficient and reliable products.
Leading companies operating in the global coma diagnosis and treatment market are:
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Toshiba Medical Systems
- GE Healthcare
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Siemens Healthineers
- Carestream Health
- Hitachi Medical Corporation
- Philips Healthcare
- Shimadzu Corporation
Global Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market, by Diagnosis
- Electroencephalogram Devices
- ECG Devices
- CT Scans
- MRI Scans
- IV Pumps
- Blood Parameters Monitoring Devices
- Laboratory Tests
- Complete Blood Count
- Electrolytes, Glucose, Thyroid, Kidney, and Liver Function
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Drug Overdose
- Drug Treatment
Global Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market, by Age Group
Global Coma Diagnosis and Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.