Colonic Stents: Substitutes for Surgery
- A colonic stent can be defined as a hollow cylindrical tube that is made up of metal or an alloy which assists to keep the large bowel lumen open. In order to position the stent across the tight narrowing that has resulted in blockage, the stent is compressed tightly onto a small delivery wire. Once the colonic stent is opened, it releases the obstruction by keeping the colon open. The colonic stent may require up to 24 hours to be fully opened. Colonic stents can be used in case of partial or complete blockage in the bowel. It helps decrease the pressure in the bowel and thereby releases the obstruction. Colonic stents are used as an alternative when surgery is not recommended in order to keep the smooth functioning of bowel.
- The global colonic stents market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to incessant rise in incidence of colorectal cancer in the U.S. and technological advancements linked with colonic stents
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Colonic Stents Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Colonic Stents Market
- Increase in prevalence of colorectal cancer is one of the key drivers of the colonic stent market. Rise in prevalence of inherited syndromes and people with a history of inflammatory bowel disease (such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease) have led to corresponding growth in number of patients suffering from colorectal cancer. These are expected to be key factors driving the global colonic stents market during the forecast period.
- Technological advancements associated with colonic stents are also driving the colonic stent market. Use of self-expanding alloys in the manufacturing of stents has been increasing. This factor is expected to fuel the global colonic stents market during the forecast period.
- The colorectal cancer screening tests market is shifting from invasive monitoring devices to non-invasive monitoring devices. Despite various advantages of invasive colorectal cancer screening such as low cost, reliability, and accuracy, there is a certain risk of infection coupled with greater recovery time associated with these invasive devices. Due to such complications, non-invasive techniques are currently being developed as an alternative.
Nitinol Self-expandable Metal Stents Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Nitinol is the most popularly employed alloy in stents manufacturing that are used against acute colonic obstruction. Nitinol is a blend of nickel and titanium metals that results into amplified flexibility, which is useful for stenting sharply angulated regions with lesser radial force as compared to stents made with other metals. Furthermore, majority of market players choose Nitinol over any other available metal.
Complications Linked with Colonic Stents to Hamper Market
- Certain complications linked to colon stent placement include temporary incontinence, mild to moderate rectal bleeding, transient anorectal pain, and fecal impaction. Late complications related to self-expandable metallic stents (SEMS) mainly include re-obstruction and migration of the stent, and rarely perforation. This is likely to hinder the market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Colonic Stents Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of colonic stents, followed by North America and Europe. China and India are key markets in the region, accounting for more than 30% share of the colonic stents market in the region.
- Increase in incidence of colorectal cancer and high demand for minimally invasive procedures in developing economies of Asia Pacific are likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- The colonic stents market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by North America and Europe. This can be attributed to increase in investments in health care industry in the region.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global colonic stents market is highly competitive with top manufacturers adopting various strategies for attaining maximum market share. These strategies include expansion of their geographical presence through collaborations and concentration on research & development activities for production of flexible and biocompatible stents. A few key players operating in the global colonic stents market are:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Cook Medical Inc.
- Olympus Corporation
Global Colonic Stents Market: Research Scope
Global Colonic Stents Market, by Type
- Self-expandable Metal Stents (SEMS)
- Nitinol Stents
Global Colonic Stents Market, by Indication
- Colorectal Cancer/Bridge to Surgery
- Benign Colonic Strictures
- Other Indications
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.