Collagen Fillers Market: Introduction
Facial fillers are temporary to long-lasting solutions administered through a few tiny facial injections on specific areas of the face. Collagen fillers is a soft-tissue dermal fillers made from purified cow skin used to fill wrinkles, lines, and scars on the face.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Collagen Fillers Market
- Increase in social awareness about personal well-being boosts the growth of cosmetic surgeries. Rise in demand for cosmetic surgeries fuel the usage of collagen fillers. The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery published results of the annual Global Aesthetic Survey that showed a 9% overall increase in surgical and nonsurgical procedures in 2016. The U.S. was the leader, accounting for 17.9% of the procedures. The top five countries were the U.S., Brazil, Japan, Italy, and Mexico, which together accounted for 41.4% of procedures globally. Russia, India, Turkey, Germany, and France rounded out the top 10.
- Rise in disposable income is another factor driving the market. Disposable income, also known as disposable personal income (DPI), is the amount of money that households have available for spending and saving after income taxes have been accounted for. The EU 27’s gross household adjusted disposable income stood at EUR 9.781 Bn in 2018, which was equivalent to approximately three quarters (72.5%) of the value of gross domestic product (GDP). Germany accounted for the highest share of the EU 27’s gross household adjusted disposable income, 25.6% of the total, followed by France (18.7%) and Italy (14.0%). After 2013, there was an upturn in economic fortunes in both the EU 27 and the Euro area, with gross household adjusted disposable income per capita increasing in both nominal and real terms.
- Harmful effects of certain products and usage is likely to hamper market growth. In any cosmetic procedure, there could be possible side effects. These include skin redness, skin discomfort, including swelling, bleeding, and bruising, infection at the injection site, skin rash with itching, possible scarring, lumps, wound on the face if the injection penetrates too deeply into a blood vessel, and blindness if the injection is too close to the eyes.
Bovine Segment to Dominate Global Collagen Fillers Market
- In terms of source type, the global collagen fillers market can be classified into bovine, porcine, and others
- The bovine segment dominated the market in terms of revenue in 2019. Bovine collagen is a naturally occurring protein present in the cartilage, connective tissues, bones, and hides of cows. This type of collagen has properties similar to collagen present in the human body. Factors such as rapid wound healing, high patient satisfaction, and minimal or no side effects are projected to drive the bovine segment during the forecast period.
- On the other hand, porcine supports connective tissues such as ligaments and tendons as well as skin, bones, muscles, and cardiovascular system. Additionally, porcine collagen could help promote more elasticity in the skin and porcine collagen dressings help heal wounds rapidly. This is anticipated to drive the segment during the forecast period.
Scar Treatment Segment Witness Highest Growth
- Based on application, the global collagen fillers market can be categorized into face rejuvenation, wrinkle, scar treatment, lip treatment, cellulite reduction, and others
- The wrinkle segment dominated the global market in 2019 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Collagen fillers stimulates blood vessels to constrict and function again as they once did for a smooth, wrinkle-free skin. By stimulating collagen formation deep in the dermis, lasers improve the appearance of deep-set wrinkles, fine lines, enlarged pores, and severe acne scars.
- However, the scar treatment segment is likely to expand at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. Dermal fillers exhibit highly favorable results in refining the appearance of acne scars by lifting up the indented, depressed scars. The effect is, however, not permanent to last lifelong.
Dermatology Clinics to Lead Global Collagen Fillers Market
- In terms of end-user, the global collagen fillers market can be divided into hospitals, dermatology clinics, and others
- The dermatology clinics segment generated maximum revenue in 2019, followed by hospitals. Majority of the cosmetic surgeries are performed in specialty dermatology clinics due to availability of technologically advanced devices and specialty doctors. According to the ASPS annual plastic surgery statistics report, over 17.7 million surgical and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures were performed in the U.S. in 2018, a number that has risen steadily in the past five years.
North America to Dominate Global Collagen Fillers Market
- In terms of region, the global collagen fillers market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for the largest share of the global collagen fillers market in 2019. This is attributed to the presence of well-established manufacturing infrastructure and expanding applications of collagen across various industries. Additionally, consistent technological advances and increase in awareness about health and well-being are projected to boost market growth in the region.
- Developing economies in Asia Pacific and Latin America provide lucrative opportunities in the collagen fillers market owing to production of cost-efficient collagen. Additionally, rise in demand for aesthetic products is anticipated to drive the collagen fillers market in these regions.
Key Players Operating in Market
The global collagen fillers market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global market are:
- Allergan, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Collplant Holdings Ltd.
- Ortho Dermatologics, Inc.
- Suneva Medical, Inc.
- Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Surgical Specialties Corporation
- Sinclair Pharma
- Inamed GmbH
- Endo International plc
Global Collagen Fillers Market: Research Scope
Global Collagen Fillers Market, by Source
Global Collagen Fillers Market, by Application
- Face Rejuvenation
- Scar Treatment
- Lip Treatment
- Cellulite Reduction
Global Collagen Fillers Market, by End-user
- Dermatology Clinics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.