CNC Router: Introduction
- A computer numerical control (CNC) router is a computer-controlled cutting machine used to cut numerous types of hard materials, which includes composites, wood, steel, aluminum, plastic, foam, and glass. A CNC router is also used to cut mortises and tenons.
- The functioning of a CNC router is similar to a CNC milling machine. A CNC router machine uses computer numerical control to route tool paths that allow the machine to function.
- A CNC router is primarily used to produce items such as exterior and interior decorations, door carvings, wood panels, wooden frames, sign boards, musical instruments, moldings, and furniture. Additionally, it helps in the thermoforming of plastics by the trimming and automating process.
- The global CNC router market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to the increase in demand for CNC routers in different industries such as construction and automotive.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global CNC Router Market: Dynamics
Global CNC Router Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- A CNC router improves factory productivity and produces consistent and high-quality work. Precision and automation are the key benefits of CNC routers. This is expected to boost the demand for CNC routers in the upcoming years.
- A CNC router reduces the frequency of error, waste, and the time to the finish the product, which is anticipated to fuel the market growth in the next few years.
- Growing demand for wood construction and the increase in adoption of advanced machinery to save time in various construction applications such as cutting, routing, and drilling is anticipated to propel the CNC router market during the forecast period.
- The rise in use of CNC routers in metalworking and woodworking applications is projected to propel the market growth globally. Further, increased extraction of wood in construction applications is anticipated to fuel the growth of the CNC router market across the globe.
- Growing development and adoption of CNC routers for woodworking applications is a major factor that encourages end-users to shift from standard machines to CNC routers to improve product finishing and increase operational efficiency. This is estimated to boost the global CNC router market.
- CNC router is a computer controlled device; skilled labor is required to use or operate it. This increases the labor cost, thereby adversely impacting the demand for CNC routers. Thus, high cost of CNC routers is also anticipated to hamper the market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Asia Pacific to Witness Rapid Growth in the Global CNC Router Market
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the maximum demand for CNC routers from 2019 to 2027. This is primarily due to the demand from leading production countries such as China, India, and Japan for industrial parts and automotive parts. Additionally, the rise in the expansion of the automotive industry in the Asia Pacific region is anticipated to propel the demand for CNC routers to boost the quality of production of industrial parts and automotive parts over the forecast period.
- Europe held the second largest share in the global CNC router market. This is largely due to the growing export and import and adoption of advanced technology in the region. Additionally, Europe is a hub for the automotive industry owing to the presence of top manufacturers with high production capacities such as BMW, Volvo, and Audi.
Global CNC Router Market: Competition Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global CNC Router Market
Numerous regional and international players operate in the CNC router market. Hence, the market is fairly fragmented and the bargaining power of suppliers is low. The degree of competition among market players is also high. CNC router manufacturers are adopting two vital strategies: new product development and acquisition to cater to the needs of different end-users. Key players operating in the global CNC router market are:
- Anderson Group
- AXYZ Automation Group
- Biesse S.p.A.
- Carbide 3D LLC
- Exel CNC Ltd
- HOMAG Group
- Komo Machine
- MultiCam Inc.
- The SHODA company
- Thermwood Corporation
Global CNC Router Market: Research Scope
Global CNC Router Market Segmentation, by Type
- Stationary Gantry Type
- Movable Gantry Type
- Cross Feed Unit Type
Global CNC Router Market Segmentation, by Product
- Water Jet
- Metal Tool
Global CNC Router Market Segmentation, by Application
- Wood Working
- Stone Working
- Metal Field
Global CNC Router Market Segmentation, by Industry
Global CNC Router Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.