CMP Pads: Introduction
- Chemical mechanical planarization (or polishing) [CMP] is an important step that is used for several times in the manufacturing process of semiconductors to remove excess materials at each layer of the wafer and to obtain a smooth surface
- This semiconductor manufacturing process is carried out with the help of a pad and slurry on a polishing tool. Pads and slurries are consumables used in the CMP process.
- CMP pads are used in the semiconductor industry to attain a balanced removal rate, planarization, and reduced defectivity performance
- Use of CMP pads is beneficial to produce small electronic components with accurate flat surface and polished wafers
- In the manufacture of CMP pads, various types of materials are used. These include silicon, silicon carbide, sapphire, gallium arsenide, and indium phosphide.
- CMP pads are used in several applications such as silicon wafer polishing, polishing glass and optics, and polishing special metals, plastics, and copper bulk
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Rise in Demand for CMP Pads in Semiconductor Industry
- Increasing focus on mobility, Internet of Things (IoT), product features, and long battery life is expected to raise the demand for high-performance devices available at an affordable price
- In order to manufacture consumer electronics products, multiple semiconductor devices that involve deposition or removal of several materials are used. In the semiconductor manufacturing process, CMP pads play an important role of producing smooth surface.
- Additionally, CMP pads are increasingly used for non-IC applications. For instance, to improve extraction of light from LEDs, CMP pads are employed for fabrication of micro lens arrays.
- As a result of these advantages, the demand for CMP pads for use in the semiconductor industry is increasing. This is expected to drive the global CMP pads market during the forecast period.
Increasing Use of MEMS Fueling Global CMP Pads Market
- A micro-electro mechanical system (MEMS) is a small machine that has both electronic and mechanical components with the dimensions ranging from a few millimeters to less than one micrometer
- MEMS products are used in multiple electronic applications across various end-use sectors such as automotive, aerospace & defense, healthcare, consumer electronics, and industrial
- Semiconductor devices employed in MEMS products such as pressure and air flow sensors, accelerometers, gyroscopes, inertial MEMSs, and micro relays are manufactured by using CMP pads
- Thus, increase in use of MEMS products in multiple end-use industries is expected to fuel the global CMP pads market during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
North America to Lead Global CMP Pads Market
- In terms of region, the global CMP pads market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global CMP pads market throughout the forecast period, as several manufacturers of CMP pads operate in North America, which are continually investing in the field of electronic components
- The CMP pads market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global CMP Pads Market
The global CMP pads market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for CMP pads. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global CMP pads market are:
- Anton Paar GmbH
- Cabot Microelectronics
- Crystec Technology Trading GmbH
- Eminess Technologies
- Kemet International Limited
- Logitech LTD
Global CMP Pads Market: Research Scope
Global CMP Pads Market, by Material
- Silicon Carbide
- Gallium Arsenide
- Indium Phosphide
Global CMP Pads Market, by Application
- Silicon Wafer Polishing
- Polishing Glass and Optics
- Polishing Special Metals
- Copper Bulk
Global CMP Pads Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.