Clozapine Market: Introduction
- Clozapine drug refers to an atypical antipsychotic medication. It is majorly utilized to relieve the symptoms of schizophrenia. In schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders, Clozapine reduces the rate of suicidal behavior. It is sold under different brands such as Soloquin, FazaClo ODT, Lozapin, Sizopin, Clozaril, and Versacloz. Clozapine is administered to patients via the oral route.
- Clozapine is utilized for the treatment of certain mental disorders including schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders. Additionally, Clozapine is a psychiatric medication that works by assisting the body to restore the balance of certain natural substances (neurotransmitters) in the brain. Clozapine even reduces hallucinations and also prevents suicidal tendencies in people who are more likely to harm themselves. It aids in cognitive thinking, to think more positively regarding ourselves and reduces anxiety & dementia disorders.
- The Clozapine market can be segmented based on indication, form, end-user, and region. Based on indication, the market can be classified into schizophrenia disorder, unipolar depression, bipolar disorder, dementia, and others. Based on end-user, the market can be segregated into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, pharmacies, mental asylums, and home care. In terms of form, the Clozapine market can be bifurcated into tablet and liquid.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Clozapine Market
- Rising cases of schizophrenia and its related disorders are propelling the demand for Clozapine drugs. Genetic mutations and physical illness, which led to depression and substance-induced psychoses, are key factors boosting the prevalence of these disorders.
- Introduction of novel Clozapine moiety and significant investments for research & development activities are further fueling the global Clozapine market. Additionally, increasing initiatives by key market players for the expansion of therapeutic applications of these medicines are likely to offer lucrative opportunities for the Clozapine market during forecast period.
- Side-effects of Clozapine include dry mouth, insomnia, blurred vision, drowsiness, and chances of drug addiction, which may have a harmful impact on the patient’s health. These side-effects are restraining the Clozapine market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Clozapine Market
- North America is projected to account for a major share of the global Clozapine market. In 2016, as per the Anxiety & Depression Association of America, approximately 6.7% of people in the U.S., age group of 18 years and above, were suffering from the depression. Various people with physical illnesses also suffer from co-recurring disorders. Increase in cases of mental health disorders including schizophrenia, depression, dementia, and bipolar disorder, is fueling the demand for Clozapine in North America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to account for the second-largest share of the global Clozapine market during the forecast period. The market in the region is likely to expand at a significant CAGR from 2020 to 2030. Social awareness about mental disorders, including mania, schizophrenia, anxiety, and depression is increasing in the region. Furthermore, growing reach and presence of therapeutics for the management of symptoms of mental disorders are anticipated to boosts the Clozapine market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Clozapine Market
The global Clozapine market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global Clozapine market are:
- Shouguang Fukang Pharmaceutical
- Taizhou Xingming Pharmaceutical
- Jinan Jinda
- Yunyang Pharm
- Wanbangde Pharm
- Hangzhou Longshine Bio-Tech
Global Clozapine Market: Research Scope
Global Clozapine Market, by Indication
- Schizophrenia disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Unipolar depression
Global Clozapine Market, by Form
Global Clozapine Market, by End User
- Ambulatory surgical center
- Mental asylums
- Home care
Global Clozapine Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!