Clinical Microbiology Market: Introduction
- Clinical microbiology can be defined as a branch of medical science that is concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of infectious diseases. It is concerned with various applications of microbes causing infectious diseases, including fungi, parasites, viruses, and bacteria.
- It includes a range of testing methodologies that significantly rely on culture-based methods and phenotypic methods for identification of culture organisms. Furthermore, clinical microbiology plays a major role in the diagnosis and management of diverse patients, including patients suffering from lower respiratory tract infections.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Clinical Microbiology Market
- Increase in prevalence of infectious diseases, globally, fuels the clinical microbiology market. According to WHO’s annual estimates, globally, there are over 300-500 million cases of malaria, over 300 cases of sexually transmitted diseases, over 15 million cases of tuberculosis, and over 4 million cases of cholera.
- Significant increase in the number of newer microorganisms causing diseases boosts investments on research & development activities focused on the development of diagnostic tests, thereby propelling the clinical microbiology market
- Technological advancements in disease diagnostics coupled with the emergence of a range of molecular diagnostics techniques aid in early detection and effective treatment of pathogen borne diseases. Growing adoption of advanced diagnostic techniques, including next generation sequencing (NGS), real-time PCR, and mass spectrometry coupled with PCR further aid in the effective identification and characterization of various pathogens.
- Lack of trained professionals and a lack of effective training programs, specifically in regions where the burden of infectious diseases is higher, is estimated to hamper the clinical microbiology market. However, increasing automation and replacement of manually operated conventional platforms might substitute for the lack of trained professionals.
North America to Lead Global Clinical Microbiology Market
- In terms of region, the global clinical microbiology market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global clinical microbiology market in 2019, owing to strong presence of leading market players, increasing investments on research & development, significant product launches, and growing prevalence of infectious diseases in the region
- Europe followed North America in terms of share of the global clinical microbiology market in 2019. The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Rise in focus of governments of countries in Asia on enhancing healthcare facilities, increase in focus of market players on Asia Pacific to leverage growth opportunities, and an increase in the patient pool boost the clinical microbiology market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Clinical Microbiology Market
Major market players are focused on expanding their presence in the global clinical microbiology market primarily by adopting inorganic growth strategies. Leading players operating in the global clinical microbiology market are:
- Danaher Corporation
- Abbott Laboratories
- Roche Diagnostics
- Agilent Technologies
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Becton Dickinson & Company
- Merck KGaA
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
Global Clinical Microbiology Market: Research Scope
Global Clinical Microbiology Market, by Product
- Laboratory Instruments
- Autoclave Sterilizers
- Blood Culture Systems
- Gram Stainers
- Microbial Analyzer
- Mass spectrometers
- Laboratory Instruments
- General reagents
- Pathogen specific
Global Clinical Microbiology Market, by Indication
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Urinary Tract infections
- Periodontal diseases
Global Clinical Microbiology Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.