Clinical Microbiology Market: Introduction
- Clinical microbiology can be defined as a branch of medical science that is concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of infectious diseases. It is concerned with various applications of microbes causing infectious diseases, including fungi, parasites, viruses, and bacteria.
- It includes a range of testing methodologies that significantly rely on culture-based methods and phenotypic methods for identification of culture organisms. Furthermore, clinical microbiology plays a major role in the diagnosis and management of diverse patients, including patients suffering from lower respiratory tract infections.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Clinical Microbiology Market
- Increase in prevalence of infectious diseases, globally, fuels the clinical microbiology market. According to WHO’s annual estimates, globally, there are over 300-500 million cases of malaria, over 300 cases of sexually transmitted diseases, over 15 million cases of tuberculosis, and over 4 million cases of cholera.
- Significant increase in the number of newer microorganisms causing diseases boosts investments on research & development activities focused on the development of diagnostic tests, thereby propelling the clinical microbiology market
- Technological advancements in disease diagnostics coupled with the emergence of a range of molecular diagnostics techniques aid in early detection and effective treatment of pathogen borne diseases. Growing adoption of advanced diagnostic techniques, including next generation sequencing (NGS), real-time PCR, and mass spectrometry coupled with PCR further aid in the effective identification and characterization of various pathogens.
- Lack of trained professionals and a lack of effective training programs, specifically in regions where the burden of infectious diseases is higher, is estimated to hamper the clinical microbiology market. However, increasing automation and replacement of manually operated conventional platforms might substitute for the lack of trained professionals.
North America to Lead Global Clinical Microbiology Market
- In terms of region, the global clinical microbiology market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global clinical microbiology market in 2019, owing to strong presence of leading market players, increasing investments on research & development, significant product launches, and growing prevalence of infectious diseases in the region
- Europe followed North America in terms of share of the global clinical microbiology market in 2019. The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Rise in focus of governments of countries in Asia on enhancing healthcare facilities, increase in focus of market players on Asia Pacific to leverage growth opportunities, and an increase in the patient pool boost the clinical microbiology market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Clinical Microbiology Market
Major market players are focused on expanding their presence in the global clinical microbiology market primarily by adopting inorganic growth strategies. Leading players operating in the global clinical microbiology market are:
- Danaher Corporation
- Abbott Laboratories
- Roche Diagnostics
- Agilent Technologies
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Becton Dickinson & Company
- Merck KGaA
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
Global Clinical Microbiology Market: Research Scope
Global Clinical Microbiology Market, by Product
- Laboratory Instruments
- Autoclave Sterilizers
- Blood Culture Systems
- Gram Stainers
- Microbial Analyzer
- Mass spectrometers
- Laboratory Instruments
- General reagents
- Pathogen specific
Global Clinical Microbiology Market, by Indication
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Urinary Tract infections
- Periodontal diseases
Global Clinical Microbiology Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.