Clinical Chemistry Diagnostic Devices Market: Introduction
- Clinical chemistry is a biochemical analysis of body fluids. It makes use of chemical reactions to regulate the levels of several chemical compounds in bodily fluids. Numerous chemical tests are used to sense and measure different compounds in blood and urine, which are the most commonly tested specimens in clinical chemistry.
- Clinical chemistry diagnostic devices consist of automated devices that are used to measure and examine the levels of proteins, sugar, and other products in the blood. These devices help in determining the illnesses of a liver function, kidney function, nutritional state, and other conditions in the human body. These devices are technologically advanced, sophisticated, highly accurate, and time efficient. They are used for analyzing several conditions such as diabetes, hyperlipidemia, and arteriosclerosis, and also regular health check-up.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Clinical Chemistry Diagnostic Devices Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Clinical Chemistry Diagnostic Devices Market
Rise in Number of Diabetic Cases Globally
- The clinical chemistry diagnostic devices market is driven by the growing number of diabetic cases across the world. For instance, as per the International Diabetes Federation, diabetes affects approximately 285 million people worldwide, and is anticipated to affect 438 million people by 2030, with two-thirds of these cases prevalent in low- to middle-income countries. The rise in the number of diabetic cases is resulting in increased diagnostic tests, thus driving the market for clinic chemistry diagnostic devices.
Various Kidney and Other Diseases Pertaining to Nutritional Deficiencies
- Increase in the number of kidney diseases caused by nutritional deficiencies is likely to drive the global clinical chemistry diagnostic devices market. For instance, as per the National Kidney Foundation, 10% of the population worldwide is affected by chronic kidney disease (CKD). CKD is leading to rise in the number of diagnostic tests, which, in turn, will fuel the expansion of the clinical chemistry diagnostic devices market.
High Capital Investments to Hamper Global Market
- High capital investments is required to set up diagnostic equipment. This factor is restraining the growth of the clinical chemistry diagnostic devices market. Due to this, a limited number of players are setting up diagnostic device equipment laboratories that use clinical chemistry tests.
- North America holds a major share of the clinical chemistry diagnostic devices market due to a robust health care infrastructure and high affordability of consumers. Various government initiatives and execution of their guidelines by health care organizations are factors contributing to the expansion of this market in North America. High R&D investments by global players in this region is another factor for the large market share of North America.
- The clinical chemistry diagnostic devices market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant rate, as several emerging economies, such as China, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia, are increasingly investing in the health care diagnostics sector of the region. Rapid growth of the diagnostics market, increase in health care spending, and rise in lifestyle diseases are driving the clinical chemistry diagnostic devices market in the region. Moreover, awareness about preventive health care and increase in geriatric population is promoting the market in Asia Pacific.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Clinical Chemistry Diagnostic Devices Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global clinical chemistry diagnostic devices market is concentrated, as only a few key players account for a significant share of the market. A number of manufacturers hold a considerable share of the regional market. The demand for these tests has recently increased in both emerging and developed markets due rise in lifestyle diseases. This has resulted in increased demand for diagnostic test kits and devices in emerging markets. Some of the major players operating in the global market are:
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
- Siemens AG
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Nova Biomedical Corporation
- Abbott Diagnostics
- Elitech Group
- Mindray Medical International Limited
- Johnson and Johnson
- Horiba, Ltd.
- Sysmex Corporation
- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Inc.
Global Clinical Chemistry Diagnostic Devices Market: Research Scope
The global clinical chemistry diagnostic devices market can be segmented on the basis of parameters tested, specimens tested, end-users, and region.
Global Clinical Chemistry Diagnostic Devices Market, by Parameters Tested
Global Clinical Chemistry Diagnostic Devices Market, by Specimens Tested
- Cerebrospinal Spinal Fluid (CSF)
Global Clinical Chemistry Diagnostic Devices Market, by End-user
- Academic Research Centers
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Clinical Chemistry Diagnostic Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.