- Food & Beverages
- Food Ingredients
- Citrus Fibre Market Segmentation By Function - Water Binder and Fat Replacer, Thickening Gums, and Gelling Gums; Grade - Food Citrus Fibre and Pharma Citrus Fibre; Application - Bakery, Desserts and Ice-Creams, Sauces and Seasonings, Meat and Egg Replacement, Beverages, Flavorings and Coatings, Snacks and Meals, Personal Care, and Pharmaceuticals
Citrus Fiber Market
Citrus Fiber Market (Nature: Organic and Conventional; Source: Oranges, Tangerines/ Mandarins, Grapefruit, and Lemons & Lime; Grade: Food Grade and Pharmaceutical Grade; Function: Water Binder & Fat Replacer, Thickening Gum, and Gelling Gum; Application: Food & Beverage, Personal Care, Pharmaceutical, and Animal Feed) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Citrus Fiber Witnessing Growing Demand from Food & Beverages Industry
Citrus fiber consists of insoluble or soluble fibrous ingredients of citrus fruits such as orange, lemon, and limes. Citrus fiber is used in several applications in various industries. In food products, citrus pulp fiber is used as an ingredient to improve water retention properties. Moreover, they are attracting increasing interest from the producers of plant-based beverages to enhance taste and texture and replace chemical-based ingredients. The high surface area and composition of citrus fiber allow water holding, emulsification, and gelling, while using at very low levels. Furthermore, citrus products are growing in popularity as a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber that are necessary for normal growth and development and overall nutritional well-being. The increasing demand for natural food ingredients is driving the global citrus fiber market during the forecast period.
The growing rate of worldwide consumption offers bigger and better opportunities for citrus fiber, including its use as plant-based meats. Citrus fiber is used in aggregate with constituents such as agar, native starch, and psyllium to replace methylcellulose, which is needed in plant-based meats is to provide thermal gelling. When used with liquid oil, citrus fiber helps reduce the saturated fat, which is maintained and bound by the hydrophobic ingredients of this natural fiber to thicken the oil to function more like solid fats. Furthermore, texture and bite properties of citrus fiber do not change with heating or time. Other industrial applications include drinkable yogurts to replace hydrocolloids used as thickeners and emulsifiers and deliver enhanced creaminess. The growing consumer preference for natural, clean label, and healthy ingredients in food and beverage products is anticipated to increase the growth rate of the citrus fiber market in the upcoming future.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Citrus Fiber Market
Slowdown in Global Food & Beverages Industry Heavily Impacts Demand for Citrus Fiber
The unexpected breakout of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) quickly spread across the world. With the increasing cases of COVID-19, several nations decided to initiate the norms of social distancing and lockdowns in their societies. The chaotic reality of the current pandemic has not only affected the health and quality of life of people, but has also disturbed the global economy, supply chains, and countries all over the world. The major end users of the citrus fiber market, including food & beverage manufacturing industry, witnessed an unanticipated disruption that hindered its grip on the global raw materials supply chain as major cities shut down for several months in key industrial nations. The report primarily examines the ongoing COVID-19 scenario in major economies of the world, delivering insight into the pandemic’s impact within the citrus fiber market, and explores policies adopted and strategies undertaken for sustainability in supply chains.
Consumer buying behavior in the citrus fiber market does not bode well for premium, natural, or unadulterated food products. For most of the year 2020, manufacturers have experienced less consumer expenditure, rise in the price of conventional food products, and lack of availability of imported food products or ingredients, and others. As the pandemic is nearing its end in most countries, businesses are expected to launch with innovative strategies and competitive advertising to flatten the demand curve in the upcoming future. However, as the impact continues in most countries in the Asia Pacific and the Middle East, it is expected that the high pricing trend will be followed in the food & beverage industry. Post-COVID-19 pandemic, the production rate of end-use industries is anticipated to rise, thus driving the global citrus fiber market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Growing Consumer Inclination toward Clean Label Products Fuels Demand for Citrus Fiber
In previous years, citrus fibers have risen in prevalence, as researchers uncover health benefits and producers try to enrich their products with these well-known ingredients. Some of the key applications of citrus fiber include fruit-flavored drinks, drinking yogurts, dressings, condiments, sauces, bakery, meats, and soups. With increasing investment in research and development, researchers have found health benefits of citrus fiber include cancer prevention, heart health, digestive improvement, stress relief, and better skin tone. Additionally, sourced citrus fiber also contains bioactive compounds such as polyphenols, vitamin C, and flavonoids, which also help to boost its wellness credentials. With clean label foods and beverages becoming the new norm, consumers are seeking innovative products from our customers to address these needs. Citrus fiber businesses are presently advertising not just the health benefits, but also the possible replacement of eggs and oil, the cleaner label, and the sustainability factor of productively using post-processed citrus that might otherwise be thrown away.
Several market competitors in the citrus fiber market are highlighting maintaining an increased focus on ingredient innovation for more extensive cosmetic and personal care applications, to fulfill the increasing consumer demand for nature-derived cosmetic products. Moreover, the growing awareness for organic products is fueling demand for citrus ingredients in all personal care products. Furthermore, the increasing consumer consciousness about food safety has been pushing the consumption of fundamental ingredients such as citrus fibers, which are crucial for improving body metabolism and digestion. With the development of the clean label inclination, the demand for natural and nutritional food products has increased the addition of citrus fiber in several product ranges in various industries. Moreover, the rising demand from the cosmetic and food industry is fueling the global citrus fiber market during the forecast period.
Europe to Dominate Global Citrus Fiber Market with Rising Industrial Consumption Rate
The citrus fiber market is presently dominated by Europe, which holds more than one-third of the global citrus fiber market share. It is mostly due to favorable climatic conditions and increasing demand for packed and convenient food as a result of increasing disposable income and fast-moving lifestyle. Apart from Europe, North America is expected to be the most attractive regional market, expanding at higher CAGR as compared to other regions during the forecast period. However, the market in the Asia Pacific region is anticipated to progress at an exciting CAGR of 6% during the forecast period. The global citrus fiber market is projected to cross US$ 550 Mn by 2031, at a CAGR of 5.7%. during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Citrus Fiber Market
Citrus fiber is currently one of the most consumed product ingredients across the world with an increasing demand for global industries. Businesses are focused on enhancing their regional proximity and innovation strategies, which could help them in producing unique products as per the consumer demand. Moreover, due to the rising demand for food products that contain vitamin C, the citrus fiber market trends will proceed to gain strong growth, as an aftereffect of rising health awareness concerning food consumption, globally.
Citrus Fiber Market: Overview
- The citrus fiber market is estimated to value US$ 300 Mn in 2021, finds Transparency Market Research (TMR) in a recent study. According to the report, the market is expected to cross US$ 500 Mn by 2031, at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period.
- Oceania and Middle East & Africa are among major regions incurring the highest growth rate of 8.2% and 7.5%, respectively, in the regional segment of the citrus fiber market
- The food & beverage end-use industry segment accounts for the largest share of the citrus fiber market; however, the personal care segment is anticipated to incur a significant value CAGR 7% with the rising demand for more beauty products
- The conventional form of citrus fiber segment of nature holds the highest market share of around 91.5%
- Increased consumer preference for natural, clean label, and healthy ingredients in the food and beverage products is expected to trigger the growth of citrus fiber market, especially in developing regions. Trends such as ‘Clean Label’ and increased consumer spending on food products with natural ingredients are the major factors driving the citrus fiber market.
Citrus Fiber: Market Frontrunners
- Increasing consumer awareness about food safety has been driving the consumption of essential ingredients such as citrus fibers, which are critical for regulating body metabolism and digestion. With the emergence of the clean label movement, the demand for natural and nutritional food products has soared, and increased the inclusion of citrus fiber in several product ranges in the food & beverage industry.
- Under FDA laws, prohibited food ingredients such as hydrocolloids, phosphates, carrageenan, etc., can be competently replaced by citrus fiber ingredients. Manufacturers of food products are actively focusing on including citrus fiber ingredients in the production of new ranges of fat-free edibles to attract the world’s growing health-conscious consumer base.
- Based on nature, conventional citrus fiber is estimated to dominate the market share of the citrus fiber market in the year 2021. However, nature segment of the citrus fiber grade is gaining massive traction. Grapefruit citrus fiber is anticipated to witness a value CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period.
- In terms of function, the water binder & fat replacer segment accounts for the largest value share of around 48.5% with the growing demand for various food applications such as preparations for spreads, bakery, and yogurt
- North America and Europe are expected to hold a combined share of the global citrus fiber market share of more than 50%. This can be attributed to the increased consumer demand for natural food and pharmaceutical ingredients in this region.
Citrus Fiber Market: Trends
- Rising demand for nature-derived personal care and beauty products to bolster citrus fiber sales: Majority of key players operating in the citrus fiber market is emphasizing on maintaining a strong focus on ingredient innovation for wider cosmetic and personal care application to fulfill the increasing consumer demand for nature-derived beauty products. Consumers are becoming ‘more mindful’ about the ingredients used in all personal care products they purchase, thus demanding more transparency. Many personal products have pectin as an ingredient in them. Pectin is derived from citrus fiber, thus driving the citrus fiber market. The increasing demand for personal care products in Asia Pacific is creating opportunities for players in the global citrus fiber market. Ever-rising demand for personal care products and cosmetics with natural ingredients is also expected to result in significantly high sales of ingredients used in these products in the upcoming years.
- Shift in preference for plant-based products: The dominant trend toward using plant-based products is driven by consumers. The food & beverage industry has enhanced the use of plant-based hydrocolloids. With consumers inclining toward vegan diet and increased application of plant-based products, the demand for plant-based hydrocolloids such as pectin, carrageenan, cellulose gum, and locust bean gum has grown. Due to the benefits associated with plant-based products, the citrus fiber market is likely to expand.
- Perceived health benefits of citrus pectin to support market growth: The increasing consumer interest toward following a healthy lifestyle has triggered the consumption of food and food ingredients with potential health benefits. In the recent past, consumers have become more conscious about dietary preferences, as large groups of consumers are showing greater awareness toward quality, functional food, safety, and effectiveness of sport drinks and dietary supplements leading to increased consumption of food products with potential health benefits. Citrus fiber can act as great fat replacer, which has the properties of making products healthier with reduced sugar, reduced fats and calories, enriched with fibers, and with texture that consumers demand. Improving lives while making food healthy food using hydrocolloids, along with additional properties cater to consumers who are diet conscious and concerned about including fats and calories. Hydrocolloids such as alginate, pectin, and its blends are best known for their property of weight management.
- According to the World Health Organization, obesity is one the main causes of cardiovascular diseases, which is known to be the number one factor of deaths globally. An estimated 17.9 million people died in 2016 from cardiovascular disease.
Citrus Fiber Market: Strategies
- Key manufacturers operating in the citrus fiber market are focusing on offering certified, good quality citrus fiber for their customers. Manufacturers are also investing a lot in the research and development for different citrus fiber applications. Moreover, sales of citrus fiber have increased in personal care, animal feed, pharmaceutical segments, owing to the increasing awareness of its various uses and health benefits. This has marked an opportunity for manufacturers to increase their market share by offering segment-specific citrus fiber.
- Many of the key companies are focusing on the quality of their products, starting from sourcing the ingredients to following a standard production process and hygienic packaging. Companies are also catering to the ongoing trend in the market by offering gluten-free, vegan, and organic products.
- CP Kelco announced plans to expand its production capacity of LMA pectin at its Lille Skensved, Denmark facility by 15% by incorporating advanced technology to extract pectin from a new generation of raw material
Citrus Fiber Market: Key Players
- Some of the key players, including manufacturers and brands operating in the citrus fiber market, as profiled in the study are
- Fiberstar, Inc.
- CP Kelco U.S., Inc.
- Cargill, Incorporated
- DuPont de Nemours Inc.
- Lucid Colloids Ltd.
- Silvateam S.p.a.
- Yantai Andre Pectin Co. Ltd.
- Herbstreith & Fox Group
- Herbafood Ingredients GmbH
- Carolina Ingredients
- UNIPEKTIN Ingredients AG, among others
Citrus Fiber Market – Scope of Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) has recently published a market study on the citrus fiber market. It provides a detailed assessment of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, opportunities & restraints, and detailed information about the citrus fiber market structure. The market study presents exclusive information about how the citrus fiber market will grow during the forecast period of 2021-2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include year-on-year (Y-o-Y) growth of the market, value chain, supply chain analysis, and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) are elaborated in the study in a comprehensive manner. This information is intended to help readers understand the quantitative growth prospects of the citrus fiber market during the forecast period.
The study is intended to offer a holistic market overview to stakeholders in the citrus fiber, including manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, cultivators, brands and investors, and to help them develop winning growth strategies. Stakeholders in the citrus fiber market, which include investors, industry experts, researchers, and journalists, and business researchers, can leverage the information and data presented in TMR’s study.
The study also includes statistics and facts related to the macro as well as microeconomic factors that are impacting expansion of the market. It also offers actionable insights into the future trends in the citrus fiber market. Furthermore, small businesses and new entrants in the citrus fiber market can make use of the information presented in this study based on which, they can make appropriate business decisions in order to gain momentum in the market.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Citrus Fiber Market Report
- Which country will continue to remain the most profitable market for citrus fiber market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in the demand for citrus fiber during the assessment period?
- How will the changing trends impact the citrus fiber market?
- How can market players capitalize on the low-hanging opportunities in the citrus fiber market in developed countries?
- Which companies are leading the citrus fiber market?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the citrus fiber market to catapult their position in the forefront?
Citrus Fiber Market – Research Methodology
In TMR’s study, a unique research methodology is used to conduct extensive research on the growth of the citrus fiber market and identify future growth parameters. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, to help analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts for compiling the citrus fiber market study include statistics from governmental organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the development of this report as a primary source.
Information acquired from primary resources and secondary sources is compiled in a comprehensive manner. This also acts as a validation from companies in the citrus fiber market, which makes TMR’s projections more accurate and reliable.
Citrus Fiber Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the citrus fiber market offers information divided into important segments — nature, source, grade, function, application, and region. This report offers comprehensive data and information about the important market dynamics and growth parameters associated with these categories.