Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy Market: Introduction
- Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP) is a rare type of autoimmune disease, in which the body's immune system attacks the myelin sheaths
- Myelin sheaths are the fatty coverings on the fibers that insulate and protect the nerves. Symptoms of chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP) ranges from loss of reflexes, loss of balance, loss of ability to work, loss of feelings in arms & legs to gradual weakening of arms & legs and tingling in arms and legs.
- Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy can occur at any age and in both genders. However, the frequency of incidence is higher in men than in women.
- The rate of recovery of a patient depends on the early diagnosis of the disease. Most CIDP patients respond well to the treatment if it is provided at the early stage of onset of the disorder so that the damage to the peripheral nerves can be controlled, which contributes to the improved function and better quality of life for the patient.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy Market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy Market
- Rise in prevalence of chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy coupled with improving diagnosis rate is the key driver of the global chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy market
- According to the American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine, around 30,000 patients in the U.S. are affected by chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy at any one time
- Increase in R&D activities and budget associated with the plasma-derived medicines also fuels the growth of the global chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy market
- Extensive research and development activities with pipeline drugs drives the global chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy market
- Moreover, rise in awareness among the population about CIPD and increase in government support through awareness programs and drug approvals are the other factors boosting the growth of the global chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy market
- However, availability of limited treatment options hampers the growth of the global chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy market
- High cost of treatment and adverse events associated with pharmacotherapy also restrain the global chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy market
Treatment Segment Dominated Global Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy Market
- In terms of type, the global chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy market can be bifurcated into diagnosis and treatment
- The treatment segment accounted for major market share in 2019 due to new product approvals, pipeline products, and better efficacy to treat the disorder. The segment can be split into corticosteroids, intravenous immunoglobulin, plasmapheresis, and others.
- The diagnosis segment can be segregated into nerve conduction, spinal fluid analysis, EMG, and others
Specialty Clinics Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of end-user, the global chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy market can be divided into hospitals, specialty clinics, and others
- The hospitals segment dominated the global market in 2019 due to higher patient admissions in hospitals for diagnosis & treatment and availability of diagnostic & treatment products
- Specialty clinics is likely to be a promising segment during the forecast period owing to patient preference for specialized treatment and well-equipped staff at these settings for better diagnosis & treatment
North America to Dominate Global Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy Market
- In terms of region, the global chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the global chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy market in 2019 owing to higher patient population suffering from CIDP, recent product approvals in the region, ongoing clinical trials for disease treatment, and presence of major companies in the region
- For instance, in March 2018, CSL Behring received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for Hizentra, which is a treatment specially designed for chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy
- Asia Pacific is likely to be a highly lucrative market for chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy during the forecast period. The market in the region is projected to expand at a high CAGR from 2020 to 2030 due to increase in awareness about the disease, rise in focus of major companies on untapped markets, improving health care infrastructure, and surge in R&D activities.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players Operating in Global Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy Market
The global chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global market are:
- CSL Behring
- Baxter International, Inc.
- Teijin Pharma Limited
- Kedrion S.p.A.
- Octapharma AG
- Grifols, S.A.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- ImmuPharma plc
Global Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy Market: Research Scope
Global Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy Market, by Type
- Nerve Conduction
- Spinal Fluid Analysis
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin
Global Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
Global Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East &
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.