Chronic Inducible Urticaria Therapeutics: Introduction
- Urticaria is a disease characterized by the development of hives, angioedema (swelling), or both at once. It affects about 20% of people at some point in their lives. Angioedema is a form of urticaria, wherein the swelling is caused by edema in deeper dermal, cutaneous, and sub-mucosal tissue. There are two types of urticaria: short lived (acute) and long term (chronic). According to the current European guidelines, chronic urticaria is divided into chronic inducible urticaria (CIndU) and chronic spontaneous urticaria (CSU). Chronic urticaria occurs daily for more than six weeks, while acute urticaria is present for less than six weeks. Chronic inducible urticaria encompasses various chronic urticaria subtypes caused by specific triggers.
- The treatment of chronic inducible urticaria starts with physical examination, followed by various histopathological tests. Non-sedating oral antihistamines is the first line of treatment for acute and chronic urticaria due to their lack of anticholinergic and central nervous system effects. In chronic inducible urticaria, montelukast is the first line of treatment and a preferred combination agent with leukotrienes. Tricyclic antidepressants such as doxepin, leukotrienes receptor antagonists, sulfonamide, and glucocorticoids are the second line of treatment for chronic urticaria. There is no specific test for the diagnosis of urticaria. However, a skin test is helpful to determine the substances responsible for the allergy. Blood tests are conducted regularly to diagnose the systemic illness that is caused due to histamine release.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Chronic Inducible Urticaria Therapeutics Market
- Advancements in therapy, launch of new biologic products, and constant innovation and research in chronic inducible urticaria treatment are expected to drive the global chronic inducible urticaria therapeutics market during the forecast period. Development of novel targeted therapies, such as omalizumab for the management of chronic urticarial, is anticipated to propel the market in the near future. A study was conducted in Poland on 1091 patients suffering from chronic urticaria in order to assess the epidemiology and clinical characteristics of chronic urticaria in 2019. It was reported that chronic spontaneous urticaria is about twice as frequent cause of chronic urticaria as compared to chronic inducible urticaria.
- Increase in awareness about hypersensitivity is boosting the demand for chronic inducible urticaria treatment. Patients are now more pro-active about their health and are willing to seek physician's advice at an early stage. Rise in literacy rate plays a significant role in general awareness among patients for managing chronic inducible urticaria. Besides, rise in per capita disposable income is encouraging people to spend freely on health care facilities, thus contributing to the growth of the chronic inducible urticaria therapeutics market.
North America to Lead Global Chronic Inducible Urticaria Therapeutics Market
- In terms of region, the global chronic inducible urticaria therapeutics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe are likely to account for major share of the global chronic inducible urticaria therapeutics market during the forecast period, owing to developed health care infrastructure, large patient population, and increase in technological developments in these regions. According to the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, nearly 20% of the people in the U.S. are afflicted with chronic urticaria. Additionally, launch of novel therapies such as omalizumab and rise in awareness about allergies are expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Europe is expected to constitute large share of the global chronic inducible urticaria therapeutics market during the forecast period due to rise in prevalence of chronic urticaria and availability of new medications in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Chronic Inducible Urticaria Therapeutics Market
- The global chronic inducible urticaria therapeutics market is fragmented, with the presence of large numbers of small-scale and large-scale companies. Acquisition of product portfolio of emerging players is a key strategy adopted by leading players for business expansion. Companies usually acquire R&D units of emerging players in order to co-develop innovative technologies. Mergers & acquisitions offer immense opportunities to companies in terms of financial leverage for production and commercialization of products.
- Unmet needs in chronic inducible urticaria are creating significant opportunities for investors. Investment in R&D of cost-effective solutions is a key focus area of major companies. This is expected to boost the chronic inducible urticaria market in the next few years.
Leading companies operating in the global chronic inducible urticaria therapeutics market are:
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Novartis AG
- Eli Lilly and Co
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corp
- BiosanaPharma BV
- Gossamer Bio Inc
- JHL Biotech Inc
- Fountain Biopharma Inc
- GI Innovation Co Ltd
- Kolmar Korea Holdings Co Ltd
- Mabtech Ltd
- Mycenax Biotech Inc
- PharmAbcine Inc
Global Chronic Inducible Urticaria Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global Chronic Inducible Urticaria Therapeutics Market, by Drug
- 1st Generation Antihistamines
- 2nd Generation Antihistamines
- H2 Antagonists (Ranitidine and Cimetidine)
- Leukotriene Receptor Antagonists
- Cyclosporine A
- Other Immunosuppressive Drugs
- Other Drugs (Biologics)
Global Chronic Inducible Urticaria Therapeutics Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Chronic Inducible Urticaria Therapeutics Market, by Route of Administration
Global Chronic Inducible Urticaria Therapeutics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.