Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market: Introduction
- Gingivostomatitis is a contagious mouth infection that causes blisters, painful sores, and swelling in the tongue and uvula. It usually spreads via saliva of an infected individual or by direct contact with a lesion or sore. Gingivostomatitis is also known as herpetic, which is caused by herpes simplex virus, and it is the most common cause of Gingivostomatitis. Chronic gingivostomatitis is a common infection of mouth and gums, which leads to drooling and swelling. Sometimes lesions in the mouth resemble canker sores. This infection is highly common among children. Increase in number of cases of gingivostomatitis is driving the market. For instance, as per the Journal of Dental Health, Oral Disorders & Therapy, an article - A Case Report on Symptomatic Primary Herpetic Gingivostomatitis, published in December 2017, states that primary herpetic gingivostomatitis (PHG) is a highly common pediatric infection usually seen in children below the age of 6, which is mostly, i.e. 90%, caused by Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) type 1.
- The chronic gingivostomatitis treatment market can be segmented based on drug type, end-user, treatment, and region. Based on treatment, the market can be categorized into physical examination, biopsy, microbial culture, and others. Based on end-user, the market can be split into academic & research, hospitals & clinics, and others. In terms of drug type, the market can be segmented into non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antiviral, antibacterial, and others.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market
- Increasing cases of gingivostomatitis caused by herpes simplex virus (HSV) is anticipated to drive the chronic gingivostomatitis treatment market. For instance, as per the International Journal of Dentistry, an article published in October 2016, over 90% of gingivostomatitis cases are caused by herpes simplex virus (HSV) type 1, and the remainder are caused by herpes simplex virus (HSV) type 2.
- However, a lack of identification or diagnosis of chronic gingivostomatitis is anticipated to restrain the market. For instance, as per the Journal of Dental Health Oral Disorders & Therapy, an article published in 2017, chronic gingivostomatitis may be asymptomatic in some instances, may be unnoticed in some instances, and sometimes get misdiagnosed with other chronic mouth ulcers.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market
- Among regions, North America accounted for a major share of the global market owing to extensive use of medications and high expenditure on healthcare. Additionally, rapid adoption of new products in the U.S. drives the chronic gingivostomatitis market in the region. Furthermore, concentration of key healthcare companies in the developed countries of the region along with a prominent market for oral hygiene products is fueling the market in North America. Significant expenditure by the U.S. on healthcare, accounting to 16% of GDP, further fuels the chronic gingivostomatitis treatment market in the region.
- Europe is the second-largest market in the world owing to high income and healthcare penetration. Europe is led by countries such as Germany and France. The market in the U.K. is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace. The large influence of media and a rise in awareness about oral hygiene along with high per capita income of the population drives the chronic gingivostomatitis market in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Global Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market
The global chronic gingivostomatitis treatment market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global chronic gingivostomatitis treatment market are:
- Pfizer Inc.
- Taj Pharmaceutical limited.
- Ciron pharma
- Johnson & Johnson
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- Merck & CO., Inc.
- Novartis AG
- F. Hoffman La Roche AG
- Eli Lily and Company
- AstraZeneca Plc.
Global Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Physical Examination
- Microbial Culture
Global Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market, by Drug Type
- Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs
Global Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Academic & Research
Global Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!