Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market: Introduction
- Gingivostomatitis is a contagious mouth infection that causes blisters, painful sores, and swelling in the tongue and uvula. It usually spreads via saliva of an infected individual or by direct contact with a lesion or sore. Gingivostomatitis is also known as herpetic, which is caused by herpes simplex virus, and it is the most common cause of Gingivostomatitis. Chronic gingivostomatitis is a common infection of mouth and gums, which leads to drooling and swelling. Sometimes lesions in the mouth resemble canker sores. This infection is highly common among children. Increase in number of cases of gingivostomatitis is driving the market. For instance, as per the Journal of Dental Health, Oral Disorders & Therapy, an article - A Case Report on Symptomatic Primary Herpetic Gingivostomatitis, published in December 2017, states that primary herpetic gingivostomatitis (PHG) is a highly common pediatric infection usually seen in children below the age of 6, which is mostly, i.e. 90%, caused by Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) type 1.
- The chronic gingivostomatitis treatment market can be segmented based on drug type, end-user, treatment, and region. Based on treatment, the market can be categorized into physical examination, biopsy, microbial culture, and others. Based on end-user, the market can be split into academic & research, hospitals & clinics, and others. In terms of drug type, the market can be segmented into non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antiviral, antibacterial, and others.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market
- Increasing cases of gingivostomatitis caused by herpes simplex virus (HSV) is anticipated to drive the chronic gingivostomatitis treatment market. For instance, as per the International Journal of Dentistry, an article published in October 2016, over 90% of gingivostomatitis cases are caused by herpes simplex virus (HSV) type 1, and the remainder are caused by herpes simplex virus (HSV) type 2.
- However, a lack of identification or diagnosis of chronic gingivostomatitis is anticipated to restrain the market. For instance, as per the Journal of Dental Health Oral Disorders & Therapy, an article published in 2017, chronic gingivostomatitis may be asymptomatic in some instances, may be unnoticed in some instances, and sometimes get misdiagnosed with other chronic mouth ulcers.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market
- Among regions, North America accounted for a major share of the global market owing to extensive use of medications and high expenditure on healthcare. Additionally, rapid adoption of new products in the U.S. drives the chronic gingivostomatitis market in the region. Furthermore, concentration of key healthcare companies in the developed countries of the region along with a prominent market for oral hygiene products is fueling the market in North America. Significant expenditure by the U.S. on healthcare, accounting to 16% of GDP, further fuels the chronic gingivostomatitis treatment market in the region.
- Europe is the second-largest market in the world owing to high income and healthcare penetration. Europe is led by countries such as Germany and France. The market in the U.K. is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace. The large influence of media and a rise in awareness about oral hygiene along with high per capita income of the population drives the chronic gingivostomatitis market in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Global Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market
The global chronic gingivostomatitis treatment market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global chronic gingivostomatitis treatment market are:
- Pfizer Inc.
- Taj Pharmaceutical limited.
- Ciron pharma
- Johnson & Johnson
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- Merck & CO., Inc.
- Novartis AG
- F. Hoffman La Roche AG
- Eli Lily and Company
- AstraZeneca Plc.
Global Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Physical Examination
- Microbial Culture
Global Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market, by Drug Type
- Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs
Global Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Academic & Research
Global Chronic Gingivostomatitis Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.