Chronic Cough Treatment: Introduction
- A cough lasting for nearly eight weeks is known as chronic cough. When a person coughs, the mucus and foreign material, which causes irritation in the lungs, is brought up from the airways, which is mostly beneficial for the body. Sometimes, a person coughs in response to an illness or inflammation.
- Chronic cough results from various conditions, such as allergies, and is a very rare symptom of disease such as cancer. Chronic cough can be uncomfortable and might have an impact on the person’s life, as it can result in sleepless nights, thereby impacting work, social life, and daily activities.
- Asthma, chronic bronchitis, postnasal drip, acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and infectious disease, such as pneumonia and smoking, are common causes of chronic cough
- A healthcare professional prescribes treatment based on causes of chronic cough, and the treatment primarily includes antibiotics, corticosteroids, and decongestants
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Chronic Cough Treatment Market
Key Drivers Global Chronic Cough Treatment Market
- The global chronic cough treatment market is primarily driven by changing lifestyle, increase in prevalence of conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, GERD, and rising awareness about chronic cough among patients
- Asthma is a public health issue in high-income countries as well as in middle- and low-income countries across the globe. Undiagnosed or untreated asthma creates substantial burden on the economy of a country.
- As per the World Health Organization (WHO), 80% of deaths occurs in low- and lower-middle income countries. The organization estimated that 235 million people were living with asthma, in 2017.
- As per the data by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in the U.S., one in every three people has asthma
Combination drugs segment to account for major market share of chronic cough treatment market
- In terms of drug class, the global market can be classified into combination drugs, corticosteroids, antihistamines, decongestants, antibiotics, acid blockers, and others
- The combination drugs segment is anticipated to dominate the global chronic cough market during the forecast period, due to a rise in use of combination drugs for targeted treatment of cough based on type of indication and wide availability of combination drugs as compared to over-the-counter drugs.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Oral route of administration segment to capture prominent share of chronic cough treatment market
- Based on route of administration, the global chronic cough treatment market can be categorized into oral, parenteral, nasal and others
- The oral segment is expected to account for a major share of the global chronic cough treatment market by 2030. Most healthcare professionals prescribe oral medicines to patients with chronic cough, which are available in various drugs stores or pharmacies.
North America to dominate global chronic cough treatment market
- In terms of region, the global chronic cough treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global chronic cough treatment market during the forecast period. The market in North America is anticipated to be driven by a rise in number of patients with cough owing to asthma & other respiratory conditions and increase in availability of treatment modalities for treatment of cough.
- As per the CDC, in 2017, 25 million people had asthma in the U.S., and it is commonly diagnosed among adult women than in men. The organization also stated that prevalence of asthma was 7.8% in 2015, which increased to 7.9% in 2017, in North America.
Key Players Operating in Global Chronic Cough Treatment Market
The global chronic cough treatment market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global chronic cough treatment market are:
- Bayer AG
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd
- Mylan N.V.
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc
- Bausch Health
- Novartis AG
- Cipla Inc.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Alitair Pharmaceuticals
- NeRRe Therapeutics
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group plc.
- Apotex Inc, Micro Labs Ltd
Global Chronic Cough Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Chronic Cough Treatment Market, by Drug Class
- Combination Drugs
- Acid Blockers
Global Chronic Cough Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Chronic Cough Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.