Cholinesterase Inhibitors: Introduction
- Cholinesterase inhibitors, also known as acetylcholine inhibitors, are a group of drugs that are used to prevent the routine breakdown of acetylcholine in the body
- Acetylcholine is one of the key neurotransmitters in the body that is functional in central as well as the peripheral nervous system. Acetylcholine levels have an effect on learning, thinking, memory, and cognitive functions of the body. Low level of acetylcholine in the body adversely affects the memory and cognitive functions, especially in patients with dementia.
- Cholinesterase inhibitors inactivate the acetylcholine’s neurotransmission activity by preventing it from routine breakdown. This leads to an increase in the levels of acetylcholine in the body.
- Cholinesterase inhibitors are primarily used in the treatment of dementia caused due to Alzheimer’s disease. These drugs are also prescribed for the treatment of Lewy body dementia, Parkinson’s disease, glaucoma, myasthenia gravis, and schizophrenia.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Cholinesterase Inhibitors Market: Key Drivers
- High prevalence and rise in incidence rate of dementia caused due to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases across the globe is one of the factors expected to drive the global cholinesterase inhibitors market during the forecast period
- According to the World Health Organization, around 50 million people across the globe are afflicted with dementia and around 10 million new people are diagnosed with dementia every year
- New product development and commercialization and large number of promising drugs in different stages of clinical pipeline studies are key factors anticipated to propel the market during the forecast period
- Rapidly aging population in developed countries is also likely to drive the market in the near future
- On the other hand, availability of alternative therapeutic drugs for the treatment of dementia caused due to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases; and side-effects of cholinesterase inhibitors are estimated to restrain the market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Alzheimer’s Disease Indication Segment to be Highly Attractive
- In terms of indication, the global market can be segmented into Alzheimer’s disease caused dementia, Parkinson’s disease caused dementia, Lewy body dementia, schizophrenia, myasthenia gravis, and others. The Alzheimer’s disease caused dementia segment is estimated to dominate the market during the forecast period.
- Alzheimer’s disease accounts for 60%-80% share of the total dementia cases diagnosed worldwide
Intravenous Route of Administration Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of route of administration, the global cholinesterase inhibitors market can be classified into oral route, intravenous route, intramuscular route, and transdermal route. The intravenous route segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- High bioavailability of drugs through intravenous route and high cost of IV cholinesterase inhibitors are factors that are estimated to contribute to leading share of the segment. Furthermore, intravenous is a commonly prescribed route of administration. This is another factor projected to augment the segment.
Retail Pharmacies Distribution Channel to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on distribution channel, the global cholinesterase inhibitors market can be segregated into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and e-commerce. The retail pharmacies segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Presence of large numbers of retail pharmacy stores, easy availability and accessibility of cholinesterase inhibitors at these stores, and low cost are factors that are estimated to drive the retail pharmacies segment in the near future
Asia Pacific Cholinesterase Inhibitors Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global cholinesterase inhibitors market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. High prevalence of dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease; and rise in aging population are factors anticipated to boost the market in the region during the forecast period. According to the U.S.-based Alzheimer’s Association, around 5.2 million people in the country were suffering from Alzheimer’s disease induced dementia in 2019
- The cholinesterase inhibitors market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a fast-paced CAGR during the forecast period. Rapid growth of the market in Asia Pacific can be ascribed to increase in number of hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers, high prevalence of Alzheimer’s disease in densely populated countries such as India and China, and improvement in health care infrastructure in the region.
- High growth rate of the health care industry, easy access to health care facilities, and increase in investments in health care by leading players in Asia Pacific are also expected to fuel the market in the region in the near future
Key Players Operating in Global Cholinesterase Inhibitors Market
The global cholinesterase inhibitors market is fragmented, with large number of global players holding major share. Key players operating in the global cholinesterase inhibitors market include:
- Sciele Pharm, Inc.
- Janssen Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Allergan Plc.
- Adamas Pharmaceutical inc.
- Eisai Co., Ltd.
- Novartis AG
- Sanofi-Aventis U.S. LLC
- Avadel Pharmaceuticals
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited.
Global Cholinesterase Inhibitors Market: Research Scope
Global Cholinesterase Inhibitors Market, by Indication
- Alzheimer’s Disease Caused Dementia
- Parkinson’s Disease Caused Dementia
- Lewy Body Dementia
- Myasthenia Gravis
Global Cholinesterase Inhibitors Market, by Route of Administration
- Transdermal Patch
Global Cholinesterase Inhibitors Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Cholinesterase Inhibitors Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.