Global Chlorine Dioxide Market: Introduction
- Chlorine dioxide is a small, volatile, and very strong molecule consisting of one chlorine atom and two oxygen atoms. Abbreviated as ClO2, chlorine dioxide exists as a free-radical in dilute solutions.
- Chlorine dioxide is a rapidly growing chlorine alternative in water treatment solutions. It offers the benefits of effectiveness at high pH, being unaffected by ammonia, and significant advantages over chlorine in systems susceptible to high levels of organic contaminants. Chlorine dioxide is a selective oxidizer and hence, its ability to control microorganisms in water at very low dosages makes it a cost-effective solution.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Chlorine Dioxide Market
Applications of Chlorine Dioxide
- In terms of application, the chlorine dioxide market can be segmented into pulp & paper industry, industrial water treatment, food processing, and others. In the pulp & paper industry, chlorine dioxide is utilized as the bleaching agent. It is used as a biocide and as an odor control agent in the water treatment applications. In case of food processing, chlorine dioxide is utilized as a sanitizer.
- Chlorine dioxide is also employed in several industrial water treatment applications including cooling towers, and process water. It is more selective than chlorine and highly useful for the control of legionella bacteria.
- Chlorine dioxide is a long-lasting and effective disinfectant. Even small quantities of chlorine dioxide display high disinfecting properties and even remove biofilms – the breeding ground for harmful bacteria.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Biocidal Applications of Chlorine Dioxide to Drive the Market
- Chlorine dioxide is gaining popularity in biocidal applications in industries around the world. Lower chemical costs and better generation equipment for chloride dioxide have been increasing its market profile significantly for the last few years; however, the core chemistry is well-established and far from new.
- Chlorine dioxide acts only by oxidation and does not combine with organic compounds to form environmentally hazardous byproducts, such as trihalomethane and other chlorinated organic compounds, that have been listed as potentially carcinogenics
COVID-19 Impact on Global Chlorine Dioxide Market
- The global coronavirus outbreak is expected to pose severe challenges to the global chlorine dioxide market. Chlorine dioxide is primarily utilized in the manufacture of biocides. Therefore, a decline in sale of biocides is expected to restrain the chlorine dioxide market in the near future. Extension of the lockdown in various countries across the world has led to supply chain disruptions. Thus, in turn, is anticipated to hamper the market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Chlorine Dioxide Market
- Based on region, the global chlorine dioxide market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific held a major share of the global chlorine dioxide market in 2019. Increase in industrial wastewater treatment has boosted the demand for chlorine dioxide in Asia Pacific.
- A few distributors and manufacturers of chlorine dioxide operate in Latin America; therefore, the region relies on import from other countries in order to cater to the demand for chlorine dioxide.
Key Players in Global Chlorine Dioxide Market
- The global chlorine dioxide market is highly consolidated. Major players operating in the global chlorine dioxide market include:
- Scotmas Limited
- Vasu Chemicals LLP
Global Chlorine Dioxide Market: Research Scope
Global Chlorine Dioxide Market, by Application
- Pulp and paper industry
- Industrial water treatment
- Food processing
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.