Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia (CIN) Treatment Market: Introduction
- Loss of neutrophils causes disruption of immune defense mechanisms and increases the likelihood for infections. Neutropenia is frequently associated with cancer chemotherapy and developed by majority of cancer patients during chemotherapy.
- Chemotherapy treatments for cancer are well-known to be associated with a depletion of white blood cells, in particular neutrophils, causing a condition known as chemotherapy- -induced neutropenia (CIN)
- Chemotherapy-induced neutropenia (CIN) is the primary dose-limiting toxicity in patients with cancer treated with chemotherapy
- There are ways to manage CIN such as delaying and reducing chemotherapy treatment with hematopoietic growth factors and with intravenous antibiotic therapy
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia (CIN) Treatment Market
- Rise in prevalence of cancer across the globe and increase in use of chemotherapy are major drivers of the global chemotherapy-induced neutropenia (CIN) treatment market
- For instance, as per Glubocan data, total 1,80,78,957 new cancer patients were reported to suffer any form of cancer across the globe
- Robust R&D activities by major companies in the development of novel therapeutics is also fueling the global chemotherapy-induced neutropenia (CIN) treatment market
- Moreover, an increase in government funding for life-threatening diseases across the world is also a key factor driving the global chemotherapy-induced neutropenia (CIN) treatment market
Antibiotic Therapy Segment Dominated Global Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia (CIN) Treatment Market
- In terms of type, the global chemotherapy-induced neutropenia (CIN) treatment market can be divided into antibiotic therapy, colony-stimulating factor therapy, granulocyte transfusion, splenectomy procedure, and others
- The antibiotic therapy accounted for a major share of the global market in 2019 owing to quicker action, high range availability, and launch of new products in the last few years
Online Pharmacies Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of distribution channel, the global chemotherapy-induced neutropenia (CIN) treatment market can be categorized into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
- The retail pharmacies segment held a major share of the global market, in terms of revenue, in 2019. The trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Inclusion of various medicines under the OTC category and preference for self-medication are projected to drive the segment.
- However, the online pharmacies segment is likely to expand at a notable CAGR from 2020 to 2030 due to an increase in Internet penetration and smartphone ownership along with the ease of ordering medications through an e-commerce platform, and better discounted rates
North America to Dominate Global Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia (CIN) Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global chemotherapy-induced neutropenia (CIN) treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the global chemotherapy-induced neutropenia (CIN) treatment market in 2019 due to a rise in prevalence of different types of cancer, rise in government funding for research, and increase in cases of chemotherapy induced side-effects among cancer survivors
- For instance, as per National Cancer Institute, around 1,806,590 new cases of cancer are estimated to be diagnosed in the U.S. in 2020
- Asia Pacific is likely to be a highly lucrative market for chemotherapy-induced neutropenia (CIN) treatment during the forecast period. The market in the region is projected to expand at a high CAGR from 2020 to 2030.
- Higher patient population, adoption of new treatment methods, pipeline drugs, and increase in awareness regarding chemotherapy-induced neutropenia (CIN) are anticipated to propel the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period
Key players Operating in Global Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia (CIN) Treatment Market
The global chemotherapy-induced neutropenia (CIN) treatment market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global market are:
- Amgen, Inc
- Novartis AG
- Biogenomics Limited
- Baxter International
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratory Ltd.
- Apotex, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Coherus BioSciences, Inc.
Global Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia (CIN) Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia (CIN) Treatment Market, by Type
- Antibiotic Therapy
- Colony-Stimulating Factor Therapy
- Granulocyte Transfusion
- Splenectomy Procedure
Global Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia (CIN) Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia (CIN) Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.